BPL Community Profile

Chris W (simplespirit) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale WNC
About Me I backpack and packraft, and sometimes teach both. I bicycle and ride a motorcycle. Sometimes I run. Sometimes I do Yoga. I have wilderness medical and whitewater rescue training. I can be a bit of a gear junky, although I seem to read more and buy less these days.
CityAsheville
StateNC
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://getlostoutfitters.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris W

Showing 2441 - 2450 of 2475 | Page: 1 ...229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248

Forum » Thread

Re: undies
Usually none.

In GEAR » Dare I ask... what underwear does everyone use???
August 29, 10:26am

Re: UL cost
I just spent about $800 on gear and I still have another 3-500 to spend on shelter and the rest of my sleep system. And that doesn't include replacing the smaller stuff since it's reasonabl...

In GEAR » Cost of gear, per ounce.
August 27, 9:58pm

Updated Stock
I just ordered a large. They're showing small, large, and xx in stock right now.

In Gear Deals » TNF DIAD's for $69.83 at REI
August 27, 4:10pm

Arrived..
Well, it arrived today and I'm not terribly impressed. It weighs 9.6 ounces with the zipper light and no stuff sack. The zipper light is removable so I took that off and it dropped to 9.2 ounce...

In GEAR » William Joseph Ultralight Rain Jacket
August 27, 2:08pm

Sort Of
It is but I didn't get the entire brush (MFR weight on that is 1 oz). I just got a pack of the heads that are refillable and actual weight on one of those is 0.1 oz. I didn't have any need ...

In GEAR » Toothbrush
August 25, 4:02pm

Toothbrush
I picked up a pack of these TOOB toothbrush replacement heads while I was at REI shopping the Labor Day sale. I pulled one out while in the store to verify it was usable. Anyway, they weigh .1 oz e...

In GEAR » Toothbrush
August 25, 3:28pm

Platy and SteriPen
I tested this out in my bathroom using a 2+ platy and the steripen and it works like a champ so I'll be carrying a 1 litre platy as opposed to a nalgene bottle on my next trip. I did notice...

In GEAR » particulate filter during chemical purification?
August 25, 3:15pm

Valandre Mirage 2/3 Zip 20 degree bag for 260
I've never heard of them but based on a forum search they seem to be compared to MontBell and Western Mountaineering. http://www.rei.com/product/752471

In Gear Deals » Valandre Mirage 2/3 Zip 20 degree bag for 260
August 24, 2:37pm

Re: Avatar
School House Falls in Panthertown Valley, NC This area is known as the Yosemite of the East. We had dinner near the falls on a Friday night and you could see more stars in the open sky than I...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your Avatar
August 24, 5:36am

Fit
How do those fit? I have a high instep and need a wide toebox. Merrells seem to work the best for me, do those have a similar fit?

In Gear Deals » Inov8 Roclite 318 GTX for $40
August 24, 4:52am

All Reader Reviews by Chris W

Chris W has posted no reviews.