Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Miguel Arboleda (butuki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Kanto Plain, Japan
About Me The top of the mountain is more an afterthought than a destination for me. Its the trees and creatures, the weather and people along the way that make the walking good. It's why it's always so hard to come back down. And why, with the odor of days imprinted in synthetics, my coming back down is hard for others, too!
StateTokyo
CountryJapan
My Website URLhttp://laughing-knees.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Miguel Arboleda

Showing 2441 - 2450 of 2598 | Page: 1 ...236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ...260

Forum » Thread

Re: windshirt - good value for 4oz???
I think "windshirt" is the British word and "windbreaker" the American. Not sure if "wind breaker" would make it past British lips without someone guffawing. The British are quirky that way! (^J^)/...

In GEAR » Windshirts
March 30, 3:53am

Re: Rice and beer can pots - is it possible?
"the rice is almost always half cooked and floating in lots of milky white water, ughhh" Read your post again and remembered... in Asia people always wash the rice out thoroughly before cooking ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Rice and beer can pots - is it possible?
March 30, 3:14am

Re: Rice and beer can pots - is it possible?
An ancient trick among soldiers and long-distance travelers in Japan was to, in the morning before setting out, fill a tube of bamboo with the measured amount of uncooked rice that they would eat, ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Rice and beer can pots - is it possible?
March 29, 7:19pm

Re: Gatewood Cape photos
I'm curious about the hood. From the photos here and on the SMD site it looks a little crude. Is it well-fitted? Also curious if the hood can be opened as a vent when in shelter mode. I would th...

In Photo Gallery » Gatewood Cape photos
March 28, 6:22pm

Re: High Visibilty Stake Idea
Erm... Robert, it was your idea, not mine. I was just remembering how I used reflective tape on my guylines and always getting frustrated with the tape getting in the way when trying to adjust the ...

In Make Your Own Gear » High Visibilty Stake Idea
March 25, 4:49pm

Re: High Visibilty Stake Idea
That's a really great idea. If the shrink tube could also have high reflective properties then finding the stake in the dark with a light when the glow dies out would make it useful any time.

In Make Your Own Gear » High Visibilty Stake Idea
March 25, 2:49pm

Re: New Stove Stuff direct from Japan
Bill, may I ask where you bought this from? I'd like to go take a look at it. Thanks.

In GEAR » New Stove Stuff direct from Japan
March 25, 1:42am

Re: Getting Wet is Not Important???
How about this... I go running every day no matter what the weather or season. I never use a waterproof shell in the rain, I just let myself get wet, even in the winter during cold and very heavy r...

In GEAR » layering in the Pacific NW
March 24, 6:57pm

Re: Getting Wet is Not Important???
Think about it, Ben. Let's see if I can make some sense of this... Wetsuits work on the principle of using the water within the suit to keep the body warm. It's not the water that is the problem (...

In GEAR » layering in the Pacific NW
March 24, 6:14pm

Re: For every action a reaction
Bernard, I accede your observation about me. I was wrong in some points and earlier I did apologize. Allow me to apologise here once again. I hope that you will at least leave me some leeway for re...

In Chaff » Throwing In The Towel
March 23, 7:23am

All Reader Reviews by Miguel Arboleda

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear The One
These are comments I made in the forum, just added here for easy reference: I just got back from a three day walk with the One yesterday. It was great, just what I wanted. It's still very much ...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
May 17, 6:08am

ULA Equipment
I just received my Arctic Pack yesterday, a pack that I wasn't going to buy at first because of the expense, but after reading other people's reviews and my just not having enough time to make...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 06, 12:32am

Mountain Equipment Co-op (Canada)
I became a member of MEC in 1992, paying the membership fee and enjoying buying things at great prices and getting very well made gear that you couldn't find anywhere else. Ever since the regul...

February 02, 9:45am

TarpTent
I have three of Henry's creations, the original Squall, the Squall 2, and the Rainbow. All of them have performed wonderfully and have changed the way I go backpacking (along with Glen van Peski a...

January 18, 10:24am

Mont Bell
(well, what do you know, I can't use the word "f*nny pack"!) I've been using MontBell gear since 1977, two years after they started, when I bought my first rain poncho. I still ha...

December 16, 8:36pm

Shires Tarptent Rainbow

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 07, 12:13am