BPL Community Profile

Chris W (simplespirit) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale WNC
About Me I backpack and packraft, and sometimes teach both. I bicycle and ride a motorcycle. Sometimes I run. Sometimes I do Yoga. I have wilderness medical and whitewater rescue training. I can be a bit of a gear junky, although I seem to read more and buy less these days.
CityAsheville
StateNC
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://getlostoutfitters.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris W

Showing 2431 - 2440 of 2475 | Page: 1 ...229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248

Forum » Thread

Road Biking
You guys must live in areas without a lot of stupid drivers. I stick to riding in the dirt myself.

In Other Activities » The Bike Bug: Bitten!
September 19, 4:44am

Walmart Sil
I got some fabric today that I'm pretty sure is grey sil although it appears to be of the 2 oz/sq yd variety (rough measurement). I'll get an exact weight later this week. This is also 60&q...

In Make Your Own Gear » wal mart sil nylon: $1.00/yard
September 18, 2:55pm

Re:Rubbing Bar
I haven't but I don't think it would've fixed this...seemed more like a design flaw.The shoe actually creased and pushed in so much that it pinched my toe.

In Gear Deals » Golite Sun Dragon Shoes $51.95
September 14, 11:25am

Re: Sun Dragons
I just sent back a pair to Zappos yesterday due to fitment problems. Right foot felt great but on the left the plasticy stuff on the lower sides pinched my pinky toe when I stood on my toes. Of cou...

In Gear Deals » Golite Sun Dragon Shoes $51.95
September 12, 7:47am

Re: Firecrackers
I haven't personally tried it but it's inline with what I've heard about shooting M80s at them. Of course it's strictly rumor at this point.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Black Bear outside the tent strategy question
September 10, 7:34am

Bear Counters..
First, I've never even seen evidence of bears much less an actual bear where I frequent in North GA and Western NC. I did have to do a report on bears and bear attacks for my WFR training thoug...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Black Bear outside the tent strategy question
September 07, 6:42am

Re: BakePacker
The bakepacker is actually a pot insert so assuming you clean the pot after you're done baking you can use it for boiling water or whatever.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Outback Oven - Thumbs up?
September 06, 9:43am

SteriPen and 1L Platy
I've never actually used the SteriPen/Platy combo in the field, I just confirmed it would work using tap water @ home. Guess I need to get a Nalgene Cantene to use it with. I have some AquaMira...

In GEAR » particulate filter during chemical purification?
September 06, 5:25am

Re: Belts
No belt for me with my newer UL gear but when I wear regular hiking pants it's a Bison. Belts are definitely multiuse especially when it comes to more involved first-aid like Heather's exam...

In GEAR » Anyone wear belt?
September 01, 6:24am

Re: No Shoes
"That's right. I'm so hardcore that I don't even wear shoes; they're dead weight." Now that's hot.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your Avatar
August 31, 4:43am

All Reader Reviews by Chris W

Chris W has posted no reviews.