Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2411 - 2420 of 3403 | Page: 1 ...233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ...341

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is non-waterproof footwear really better?
To each their own. But I find it interesting to note that none of the big-mile trekkers I've read about- Skurka, Jardine, Erin McKittrick and Bretwood Higman, to name a few- wear GTX footwea...

In GEAR » Is non-waterproof footwear really better?
July 16, 1:46pm

Re: Re: Is non-waterproof footwear really better?
"All in all, GTX causes more problems than it solves." Agreed nick. What do you do when you come across water deeper than your goretex? Now you're tiptoeing around, changing sh...

In GEAR » Is non-waterproof footwear really better?
July 16, 9:00am

Re: Re: 24 Hours: Kearsarge Lakes 7/14/10
Ryan, I used my trekking poles. I connect them with a piece of tubular webbing and two hook and loop strips.

In Post-Trip Reports » 24 Hours: Kearsarge Lakes 7/14/10
July 16, 8:48am

24 Hours: Kearsarge Lakes 7/14/10
A leisure trip to one of my favorite spots in the Sierra. Leisure as in bringing the beer, the big tent, fresh food, taking my time...Given a cough and sinus infection and that I'm still recov...

In Post-Trip Reports » 24 Hours: Kearsarge Lakes 7/14/10
July 16, 12:16am

Re: Re: Anyone travel Rae Lakes Loop? 2010
Glen Pass is not to be worried about. I was just over Kearsarge Pass and in the area. 50% of the ice on a lake I passed going in was gone on my way out... The snow is melting at a really rapid...

In Post-Trip Reports » Anyone travel Rae Lakes Loop? 2010
July 15, 11:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: People are ruining backpacking.
The picture is at Kearsarge Lakes, looking out at the Kearsarge Pinnacles. So sweet. I was out my door at 6 am, on the trail at 10:30, at the lakes by 1:30. I'll write up a little report...

In Chaff » People are ruining backpacking.
July 15, 10:22pm

Re: Re: Re: People are ruining backpacking.
Backpacking is SO far from ruined, I gotta say it again. Here's the photographic proof. The view from yesterday's camp. I think it's only TALKING about backpacking that'...

July 15, 6:58pm

Re: Re: People are ruining backpacking.
Having just come home today from a trip in the Sierra, preceded by a trip in Los Padres National Forest, preceded by a few local overnights in the San Gabriel mountains, I can assure you that nobod...

July 15, 6:45pm

Re: Gabriels
None of the high country up HWY 2 is open yet due to the Station Fire. Chantry and the San Gabriel River are open. You don't need a special adventure pass for overnights. If yours expires ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking for a hike recomendation in San Gabriels
July 13, 11:44pm

Fish Bowls, Los Padres N.F., 7/9-7/10
An overnight with my kids Shant (recently 9) and Sage (recently 7) and friend Michael and Xylia (14). Hiked ~6 miles to Fish Bowls camp in Los Padres National Forest. Cookies, wet wipes, s&...

In Post-Trip Reports » Fish Bowls, Los Padres N.F., 7/9-7/10
July 13, 3:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm