Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2411 - 2420 of 3458 | Page: 1 ...233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ...346

Forum » Thread

Re: land development
Michael, are you suggesting something or just arguing for arguments sake? I.E. limited vs. unlimited growth, no regulation vs. regulation of development in certain areas, etc., Obviously the l...

In Chaff » Bear Gun Season in WV
September 16, 11:16am

Re: Bear Gun Season in CA
Here's info on the 2009 season from the CA DFG. "The bear season closed on December 16 when the Department received notification of 1,700 bears harvested statewide pursuant to Californi...

In Chaff » Bear Gun Season in WV
September 16, 8:40am

Re: Re: double crossing gearlist
Duly noted, thank you Greg. Weather permitting, those items will be left behind. I keep a bandanna tied to the haul loop on my pack...Forgot to list it (now when was the last time it was wash...

In Gear Lists » Grand Canyon Gearlist
September 15, 10:03pm

Re: double crossing gearlist
Thanks David. I have Dirty Girls, I'll include them. I was wondering about the temps, kinda waiting to see as I get closer. I was wondering if the Summerlite might be pushing it. Combin...

September 15, 9:36pm

Grand Canyon Gearlist
I've updated the gearlist (no more D&D character sheets) in my profile to reflect my upcoming Grand Canyon R2R2R in one night. On the South Kaibab trail on Saturday, Oct. 9th...stay at Nor...

September 15, 8:01pm

Re: Re: Anyone "train" for hiking?
I've found that trail running always does it for me. If I have a bigger trip coming, I'll find a running route with a similar mileage/elevation profile to my anticipated daily backpacking ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Anyone "train" for hiking?
September 15, 7:43pm

Re: Re: Grand Canyon sub 36 hours
I just got off the phone with the BCO... It's all pretty simple actually. I was told I could park and leave my car at the picnic area on Desert View Drive across from the South Kaibab tra...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grand Canyon sub 36 hours
September 15, 2:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Grand Canyon sub 36 hours
I've read those links, thanks John. Skurka's writeup is good, especially his water source data log. I'll be calling the backcountry office with more questions today. If anyone is i...

September 15, 8:37am

Re: hitching
Good job. I gave two backpacking hitchhikers a ride from Lone Pine up to Onion Valley last time I was in the Sierra and pick up folks with packs whenever I can. I've been saved myself a few t...

In Chaff » Creating good Karma!
September 15, 8:29am

Re: Night Hike
Yeah, I'll miss the moon, but I should be able to do the ~20 miles before dark. I would probably carry microspikes just in case. Wouldn't Bright Angel Campground have water too? I&...

September 14, 10:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm