Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2411 - 2420 of 3577 | Page: 1 ...233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ...358

Forum » Thread

Re: no light either.
Huh??? If the government shouldn't be dabbling in research are you suggesting privately funded research would be inherently be more objective? When billions of dollars could be at stake based...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
November 12, 11:22am

Re: Arm gaiters?
I'm a big fan of arm warmers. Coming from cycling, they're pretty much standard gear, especially useful because they're a layer that can be easily stripped while riding. I also use th...

In GEAR » Arm gaiters?
November 12, 9:28am

Re: Re: Re: light no heat.
I think you raise a larger question (at least in my mind) here Rog: Can we reasonably expect science to remain separate from the influence of political and corporate/financial agendas, regardless ...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
November 12, 9:04am

Black Friday is coming!!!!
Oh boy! They say "Spend!" We're supposed to say "How much?!" But we don't have to. Lets hope nobody gets trampled to death this year.

In Chaff » Black Friday is coming!!!!
November 12, 8:02am

Re: hacking a golite
Interesting- that's a totally different approach to what I was thinking. I was going to cut out the side pockets entirely, opening all the seams that meet them (back panel, bottom, and main zi...

In Make Your Own Gear » A very not light pack.
November 11, 11:06pm

Re: "Joshua Tree Run???"
I wanted to invite you personally Eugene, but I figured the travel would be too much. If you're ever out this way, give me a holler. Don't worry, the beer steins for a Grand Canyon R2...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Joshua Tree Run???
November 11, 10:41pm

Re: Re: pack weight
Your side pockets look great. I've been wanting to hack my Jam2 and put some bign's like that on.

In Make Your Own Gear » A very not light pack.
November 11, 8:24pm

Re: Free stuff-BPL members only
I would love that dromedary!!! Just realized you don't want to break it all up.... Nevermind, thanks anyhow.

In Gear Swap » Free stuff-BPL members only
November 11, 8:09pm

Joshua Tree Run???
What do you think about running the CHRT across Joshua Tree? It's ~40 miles from the Black Rock trailhead to the North park entrance, or optionally ~30 miles to the trailhead near Belle/Wh...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Joshua Tree Run???
November 11, 7:54pm

Re: Columbia calls 'B.S.' on Outdoors Industry
Excellent news! Cuben fiber? SOOOOO yesterday. High quality, lightweight eVent shelters in a variety of styles? Puuuhleez. What the industry really needs is more battery-powered clothing.

In GEAR » Columbia calls 'B.S.' on Outdoors Industry
November 10, 5:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm