Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2411 - 2420 of 3371 | Page: 1 ...233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ...338

Forum » Thread

Re: Re Re Bear Canister in a Jam
A canister in a Jam is no problem. I have both the small and large Bearvaults. I use a pad as a frame, put my bag and clothes in a liner bag in the bottom, then slide the canister in no probl...

In Gear Lists » JMT Hike by Boy Scout
June 22, 12:44pm

Re: Bear Canister in a Jam
May I suggest keeping your tarp and bivy separate from your sleeping bag and at the top of your pack? Having to unpack your entire load to get to your tarp in the rain is no good. Neither is stic...

In Gear Lists » JMT Hike by Boy Scout
June 22, 7:35am

Re: Re: Re: Lost Coast
You're cool Ken, Thanks.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lost Coast
June 21, 8:33pm

Re: They're some lightweight packs
Here's the link to the first one I made. I was wrong in my post above- it's 9 oz. (the one my daughter is carrying). It was originally for my son; he's getting bigger so it went to my...

In Post-Trip Reports » Father's Day with the kids...
June 21, 7:55pm

Re: Great!!
This sort of trip is so easy I don't have to worry about too much gear for us. The weather is also so predictable in summer here that raingear, etc. is unneeded. Here's our general gear...

June 21, 7:28pm

Re: Lost Coast
I'm finalizing my Lost Coast plans as we speak. Looking to do a leisurely trip with plenty of time for surf fishing and hanging around on beaches...So far the general idea is as follows: Day ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lost Coast
June 21, 7:12pm

Father's Day with the kids...
Took out the kids for a 24 in the local mountains on Saturday night. UL is sweet in that it really helps us get out. Too often I see parents with overloaded kids struggling through the woods...a ...

June 21, 6:47pm

Re: Sleeping Pad Failure - Part 2 - What Now?
"1) To those who said they had inflatable pad issues and have sworn them off for closed cell foam pads what are you doing to get a good sleep on them?? Any tricks or suggestions? Is there a mo...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad Failure - Part 2 - What Now?
June 17, 6:24pm

Re: running shoes
Shoes are so personal, I think getting advice from anyone else is nonsense. You gotta just go for it and try stuff and listen to what your body is telling you. To think of all the time I wasted...

In GEAR » trailrunners, boots
June 16, 9:12pm

Re: Sleeping Pad Failure - poll
I've had many fail on many different occasions. I've punctured them on yuccas, had mysterious slow leaks, broken valves, etc. That's why I won't carry them for anything but car ...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad Failure - poll
June 16, 8:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm