BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2411 - 2420 of 3191 | Page: 1 ...233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ...320

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Add a verse!
...I sneer at the loads on the heavyweight's back, making no mention of the rack upon rack of gear I've amassed in garage and closet... $8000 dollars of down, cuben, and carbon composite...

In Chaff » Add a verse!
March 22, 1:40pm

Re: Re: Up Hills v.s. Downhills and speed
I think coming up with truisms and formulas about uphill pace is impossible. It's obvious that the faster the overall pace, including uphill, the faster you finish. But one must also keep e...

In Philosophy & Technique » High Speed Backpacking - why
March 22, 12:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Up Hills v.s. Downhills and speed
I'm hardly a fast/elite trailrunner, but I'll certainly vouch for the fact that downhill is way harder, at least in form, than uphill. On the uphill I can just settle into a rhythm and cru...

March 22, 9:55am

Re: Re: Re: Re: High Speed Backpacking - why
It can't always be like that, but it's good when it is. I'm currently looking forward to a SLOW trip I have planned this summer: Heading up to Sixty Lakes Basin and finding a quiet ...

March 19, 6:51pm

Re: High Speed Backpacking - why
Blistered feet, sore legs, dehydration, sunburn. Salt in the eyes, chaffed thighs, and a blackened toenail. Looking up and thinking "If I don't make that ridge in one hour I'm gonn...

March 19, 6:28pm

Re: JakPak All-In-One Garment Review"
"Plus the first time that they pass out and soil themselves in it into the dumpster or worse it goes. Too bad vagrancy is no longer illegal.. Get some help, get to work. I've never seen a ...

In Editor's Roundtable » JakPak All-In-One Garment Review
March 18, 6:13pm

Re: RE: Leather Moccasins
As for the martial arts shoes mentioned above: Just received them- no good. They look very simple online but are actually quite heavy. The sole is pretty weird too, they just feel strange. Hey ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Minimal hiking shoes
March 18, 8:54am

Re: JakPak
Carhartts and a black hoody will get me high? Sweeeet.

In Editor's Roundtable » JakPak All-In-One Garment Review
March 17, 11:06pm

Re: Ul Dry Ice Cooler
A friend showed up with some dry ice for our beer on a summer trip. Having never used dry ice, though I am VERY well acquainted with beer, it sounded like a good idea. I had a simple closed cell ...

In GEAR » Ul Dry Ice Cooler
March 17, 10:45pm

Re: sprouts
Sweet mother of sprouts, looks good. Roger, I think I might finally have it! Doesn't being vegan increase my desirability to carnivores (or cannibals)...sorta like being a grass-fed cow? ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How far can REAL food travel?
March 17, 6:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm