Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2411 - 2420 of 3503 | Page: 1 ...233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ...351

Forum » Thread

Re: mcmurdo
I plan on buying the 210 tonight. I was given $250 to purchase a PLB, so it fits perfectly. I haven't checked into the others as I'd prefer to keep my cost down. I'd say I'd po...

In GEAR » Spot 2 vs. McMurdo Fast Find
October 04, 4:18pm

Re: Re: The reports of my death are premature
"Yes, the problem is real and as reported." Is the problem real or is this really a problem?

In Chaff » End of the Carbon Flame War Thread
October 04, 4:12pm

Re: Get a PLB, they are far superior.
Thank you for your insight everyone, this has made my decision so much easier.

October 04, 1:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Spot 2 vs. McMurdo Fast Find
I don't like the idea of sending "OK" messages. As people have said, whoever is tracking you would come to expect them. And then if your device breaks or you fail to send one, every...

October 04, 9:03am

Re: Re: Spot 2 vs. McMurdo Fast Find
Thanks guys. The more I research on this tonight, the more I've bean leaning towards the Fastfind. I'm really not interested in fees, sending tracks, texting my family, etc. I just w...

October 03, 8:46pm

Spot 2 vs. McMurdo Fast Find
I've read the thread comparing the original Spot with the McMurdo, but at the time it was written, the Spot 2 wasn't available or was barely coming on the market. I'm having trouble de...

October 03, 6:49pm

Re: re: sock layering
Thanks David. One more question...why not the NRS in the colder conditions? Do you feel 2 pairs of socks with Sealskinz in between are warmer than the neoprene with 1 sock?

In GEAR » Backcountry footwear for the other three seasons
October 03, 2:37pm

Re: examples
Thanks for that blog post David. As colder hikes and wetter weather are approaching, it's nice to hear about what others are doing. Just to clarify, you're wearing Smartwool PHDs over N...

In GEAR » Backcountry footwear for the other three seasons
October 03, 2:28pm

Re: Re: End of the Carbon Flame War Thread
"Rog Tallbloke lives!" "The Carbon Flame will never die!" Quite disturbing... I saw these phrases spray painted under a freeway bridge on my run tonight.

In Chaff » End of the Carbon Flame War Thread
October 02, 10:37pm

Re: Rain
I haven't personally used this particular bag in the rain but I have many friends that have. Everything stays dry- it's a heavy floating tarp lining inside the bag. The way the top folds ...

In Gear Swap » Chrome Metropolis Messenger Bag, Large
October 02, 1:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm