BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2411 - 2420 of 3132 | Page: 1 ...233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ...314

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Slingshots
Here's some more info for CA concerning bird hunting with slingshots: "ยง 475. Methods of Take for Nongame Birds and Nongame Mammals. Nongame birds and nongame mammals may be take...

In Philosophy & Technique » Sling Shots
February 21, 9:27pm

Re: blow-gun?
"CA PENAL CODE SECTION 12580-12583 12580. "Blowgun," as used in this article, means a hollow tube designed and intended to be used as a tube through which a dart is propel...

February 21, 9:14pm

Re: Slingshots
Before you go out and start killing animals, it would be very wise to check your local hunting regulations. Using a slingshot to hunt could likely be illegal in many areas. If it's not, you&#...

February 21, 3:21pm

Re: safe working load - rope question
I'm not sure if a Kong or the BD device you have can safely use rope thinner than 8mm anyway- if that's what you carry, I'd stick with your 8mm.

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » safe working load - rope question
February 20, 4:29pm

Re: not a staic rope
This gets hard to explain on the internet... If a rope is being solely used for hauling or lowering STATIC loads, a STATIC (non-stretching) rope is preferable- less stretch/bounce usually means ...

February 20, 3:43pm

Re: light ropes
That rope would be fine. Many people use even lighter 8mm ropes for alpine climbing- running a twin/double rope while leading (two 8mm simultaneously/one doubled 8mm)and then rappelling on a singl...

February 20, 3:28pm

Re: safe working load - rope question
If you're talking about a single person rappelling (and you're not taking falls on it), just get a good approved static rope. I have one of these for canyoneering/rappelling: http://www...

February 20, 3:03pm

Re: Re: Economic Growth Takes Care of Population Growth
I came home one day and found a picture torn from a National Geographic posted on our refrigerator. It depicted Chinese women gathering small chunks of coal and buckets of coal dust on a hillside ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Made in China - A State of the Market Report
February 09, 9:20pm

Re: Re: Economic Growth Takes Care of Population Growth
"Its the history of the world since forever." I stand corrected!

February 09, 8:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Economic Growth Takes Care of Population Growth
I think we're all on the same page here. My earlier post about racism/xenophobia isn't directed at either one of you (Tom or Lynn) personally. It comes from personal experiences with othe...

February 09, 7:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm