BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2411 - 2420 of 3010 | Page: 1 ...233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ...301

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: This is all interesting, but insignificant
"Someone once said that the only sincere act of an extreme environmentalist is to commit suicide." These misanthropic arguments are pretty tiring. Perhaps it should read "the gre...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ultralight Backpacking Ethically (UBE)
October 25, 9:13pm

Re: MYOG pack raft
Same thing I've been thinking- experimenting with sewing a cordura or 1.9 oz. cover for the trail boat.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG pack raft
October 25, 8:58pm

Re: Best alcohol stove for MSR Titan pot
I've been using an Evernew about the size of the Titan. I really like the humble cat can stove. It's not as fancy as the rest, certainly doesn't have the bling factor, and probably no...

In GEAR » Best alcohol stove for MSR Titan pot
October 25, 12:39pm

Re: Bamboo
I'd like to follow what people are doing in this area, please keep posting if you've got projects. I have some ideas I'm getting together as well- will post when I get some stuff sewn.

In Make Your Own Gear » Materials for sustainable hiking
October 24, 10:15am

Re: Sweet...some people are using the acronym.
If greater sustainability in backpacking gear production is the goal, it seems that shifting gear production back to organic materials is what's needed. I think it's great- there's a...

October 23, 8:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Sil-nylon Misting
So, with the exception of cuben, is 1.9 oz. PU coated the lightest that can be declared "mist free" or waterproof?

In GEAR » Sil-nylon Misting
October 23, 3:08pm

Re: Sil-nylon Misting
Given condensation typically occurs in the same wet weather that causes "misting", how exactly does one CONFIRM that the spray occurring under a sil shelter is in fact misting and not con...

In GEAR » Sil-nylon Misting
October 23, 10:41am

Re: Re: Ultralight Backpacking Ethically (UBE)
"These petty fights mask the real problem and only serve those in power and leave all of us impoverished." Thank you.

October 22, 8:47am

Re: Re: Re: Ultralight Backpacking Ethically (UBE)
"UL backpacking does take an anti-stuff stance in that sense. It is easier to eliminate wasted stuff from your life if you already have taken it out of your pack...." Hang around this ...

October 21, 6:53pm

Re: Lefty mentality
Funny you mention this Thomas. I was also going to bring up my grandmother- she turns 87 today. "Environmentalism" was not around in her youth. There were no "green" jobs, et...

October 21, 12:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm