Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2411 - 2420 of 3302 | Page: 1 ...233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ...331

Forum » Thread

Re: Down inhumane vs. Synthetic bad for environment
How do you calculate the TRUE cost of anything these days? I paid $2.97 a gallon for gas this morning...yet look at the f-ing fiasco in the gulf right now. It seems that the first step in get...

In GEAR » Goose Down, Humane?
April 30, 10:09pm

Thoughts on Shangri La 3
I just returned from a trail run in which I was daydreaming quite a bit about what gear I'd be taking on the JMT with me this summer. I've decided on carrying my Shangri La 3. Thinking ...

In GEAR » Thoughts on Shangri La 3
April 30, 9:57pm

Re: Re: Re: boys vs girls
I'd hardly call my kids "outdoor gifted". They're just kids, we just try to do a lot. I trust them and I try not to be too conservative in what I expose them to. I think kids a...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » UL Scouting for Girls
April 30, 12:22am

Re: boys vs girls
This is the reason I've never had my kids involved in either (I have a 6 year old daughter and 8 year old son). My son was the first to comment that he didn't think that the activities f...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » UL Scouting for Girls
April 29, 11:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wouldn't it be nice....
Good point Tom.

In GEAR » Why pack out poo?
April 26, 6:25pm

Re: Re: Re: Wouldn't it be nice....
But seriously, if this becomes a reality in many wilderness areas, as I believe it will, it seems the safest way of carrying multiple days worth will be some sort of ultralight crap tube, styled li...

April 26, 6:11pm

Re: Wouldn't it be nice....
I'm totally calm and fully focused...on POO!

April 26, 6:00pm

Re: overcrowding = packing poo
Crap is already factored into your skin-out weight- nothing is being added to your total. Now I suppose you could get out the kitchen scale...

April 26, 5:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Why pack out poo?
People probably need to start wrapping their heads around the idea of packing it out. I'm fully expecting to see more and more delicate ecological areas implementing the pack-it-out rule in th...

April 26, 2:03pm

Re: Re: Not Trench foot
I think this is where lightweight shoes that drain quickly and wearing very thin (if any) socks help. I've seen this in the past, and it was typically with people wearing leather or goretex bo...

In Philosophy & Technique » Avoiding Maceration
April 26, 8:53am

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm