BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2411 - 2420 of 3226 | Page: 1 ...233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ...323

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Outdoors education and careers
Why not just become a math teacher and spend your summers going wherever you want outside and not working?

In On the Web » Outdoors education and careers
April 05, 6:07pm

Re: NB MT100
I had a pair of Roclites and returned them- too narrow for me. But from what I saw, I think the Inov8s are way overbuilt for what I want- definitely less flexible and felt pretty clunky compared t...

In GEAR » NB MT100
April 05, 9:41am

Re: "NB MT100"
I'm approaching 250, maybe 300 miles(I've stopped counting exact shoe mileage) on my first pair, 90% miles from singletrack trail running. I run in them wet and cross a lot of streams. I ...

In GEAR » NB MT100
April 05, 8:29am

Re: Re: Re: What happened to BPL Ranks???
Last time I saw a .23 it looked like this:

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » What happened to BPL Ranks???
April 04, 10:13pm

Re: Re: What happened to BPL Ranks???
Why do people always have to write noobs "nOObs" anyway? (Just staying with tradition)

April 04, 10:02pm

Re: What happened to BPL Ranks???
Whoo hoo! I had no idea that the gear list was in order by rank. So at 3.11, I'd be in the top 20 if I posted a gear list! Now I gotta do it just so I can start pulling rank on nOObs! Dam...

April 04, 9:59pm

Re: Re: Minimal hiking shoes
From reading over these threads on minimal footwear and looking at my evolving attitude on the subject, it really occurs to me that most people are downright scared of just going all the way and di...

In Philosophy & Technique » Minimal hiking shoes
April 04, 8:27pm

Re: UV + heat?
The N.G. article actually says it takes six hours. Heat has nothing to do with this- it's UVA radiation mutating/scrambling DNA faster than the host's cells can repair it. Solar Death...

In Make Your Own Gear » Solar Water Purification
April 04, 6:46pm

Re: Re: multi use
I've used it in my mouth many times- it works very well for sealing and easing the pain of cuts or a canker sore.

In Philosophy & Technique » Tincture of Benzoin
March 30, 11:46am

Re: Re: Re: "Road racing flats"
I'm anxious to talk more running with you on our trip Nick. I've always been a slow runner, focusing exclusively distance. I rarely even run with a watch unless it's something big I...

In Other Activities » Road racing flats
March 30, 9:58am

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm