Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2411 - 2420 of 3278 | Page: 1 ...233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ...328

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Ursak and the JMT
I just got a permit for the JMT today and they SERIOUSLY stressed that bear cans are required. Play the game,it's far easier than the drama of not having a can. I've been checked by ran...

In GEAR » Ursak and the JMT
April 19, 9:40pm

Re: Re: Re: "Thoughts on long distance food"
Ouch. Can't afford to spend $120 on dinners for backpacking! I'm probably being lazy looking at the store bought stuff...Maybe it's just time to put on the chef's hat and break ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Thoughts on long distance food
April 19, 9:12pm

Re: "Thoughts on long distance food"
Thanks for the tips- I've never had Mary Janes. I can always recombine packages- i.. 3 dinners into 2, to boost calories.

April 19, 8:56pm

Re: semetic semantics
All this other bickering aside, I take no offense Eugene. I think it's good to point things like this out to people; many have no idea of meanings/origins of words- in this case it's me. ...

In Gear Deals » WM Flash vest sale
April 19, 8:24pm

Re: Re: Thoughts on long distance food
As for Mac n' Cheese, no doubt their highest calories meal...and a serious effort to eat (though not bad tasting)...but a ton of calories. I always repackage, just using listed weights for s...

April 19, 7:05pm

Re: Re: Nomads
I had no idea about that reference...Thanks for calling me out- I don't like it when things like that enter our language. My apologies and I'll make a note of it. Thanks.

April 19, 6:57pm

Re: Thoughts on long distance food
Especially interested in low weight vegetarian dinners of 600+ calories.

April 19, 6:53pm

Thoughts on long distance food
I'm going to be spending 12 days (maximum, but likely less) on the JMT and would like to do it without resupply. To-date, I've never gone for more than 7 days without resupply. I'm lo...

April 19, 6:23pm

Re: service
Hell hath no fury like a BPLer gypped out of a deal...

April 19, 5:30pm

Re: 2010 John Muir Trail Gear List
Looks good to me. On the water filter note, I wouldn't carry one. I've always thought that the sources are so good that Aqua Mira drops alone were good enough- if they're even nec...

In Gear Lists » 2010 John Muir Trail Gear List
April 19, 4:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm