BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2411 - 2420 of 3198 | Page: 1 ...233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ...320

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ice Cream on the PCT
"As for hunting, hunting is not "chasing" around animals. You would not take 2 steps at a gazelle before its long out of range for any spear." The video link I posted above s...

In Philosophy & Technique » High Speed Backpacking - why
March 23, 2:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Ice Cream on the PCT
I'd differ with you on the necessity of running when hunting as well as ultrarunning not being healthy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wI-9RJi0Qo Humans are a formidable running creature...

March 23, 1:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Ice Cream on the PCT
That's a beautiful Abbey quote.

March 23, 12:48pm

Re: Ice Cream on the PCT
Another way I look at this: We don't hunt anymore, at least not in the traditional sense (I must assume that taking an elk at 250 yards with a .300 magnum is a bit different than running it ...

March 23, 10:37am

Re: Re: "Add a verse!"
You rock George.

In Chaff » Add a verse!
March 22, 9:24pm

Re: Why not a Heetsheets instead of a mylar blanket?
I carry a Heatsheets bivy on long trail runs or situations where there's a possibility I don't get home that night. I figure it'll do a few main things for me: 1. Protect from windch...

In GEAR » Emergency blanket - how??
March 22, 6:37pm

Re: High Speed Backpacking
I think "high speed backpacking" is racing, or something close to it. I do it solo, racing against the terrain, mileage, myself, and the clock. But I still think racing strategies apply...

March 22, 2:19pm

Re: Re: Add a verse!
...I sneer at the loads on the heavyweight's back, making no mention of the rack upon rack of gear I've amassed in garage and closet... $8000 dollars of down, cuben, and carbon composite...

In Chaff » Add a verse!
March 22, 1:40pm

Re: Re: Up Hills v.s. Downhills and speed
I think coming up with truisms and formulas about uphill pace is impossible. It's obvious that the faster the overall pace, including uphill, the faster you finish. But one must also keep e...

March 22, 12:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Up Hills v.s. Downhills and speed
I'm hardly a fast/elite trailrunner, but I'll certainly vouch for the fact that downhill is way harder, at least in form, than uphill. On the uphill I can just settle into a rhythm and cru...

March 22, 9:55am

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm