BPL Community Profile

Eugene Smith (Eugeneius) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Nuevo Mexico
About Me Eugene Smith has not added a biography yet.
CityLas Cruces
StateNew Mexico
CountryUSAish
My Website URLhttp://desertpaincave.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear List2 year old outdated gear list that needs to be updated badly

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eugene Smith

Showing 2411 - 2420 of 2594 | Page: 1 ...233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ...260

Forum » Thread

"equinox pack"
I agree Sean. Fully featured, nice volume. I really like the choice of colors too. I'm interested in the backpanel and hipbelt design, I couldn't find a thumbnail for that image on the w...

In GEAR » equinox pack
January 23, 1:07pm

"Golite has Officially Lost Their Mind"
What definitely isn't very "Golite" about Golite is the last time I was on a flight from Detroit back to El Paso I found a full page Golite advertisement in the SkyMall in-flight publ...

In GEAR » Golite has Officially Lost Their Mind
January 23, 5:41am

"How and where do you train for the trail?"
I typically train for the trail on the trail. Backpacking is usually a welcomed retreat and nice break for my body when I get enough time to take a trip. I run at least 5 days a week on trails ar...

In Philosophy & Technique » How and where do you train for the trail?
January 16, 3:11pm

"THE 2ND ANNUAL POINT REYES BAY AREA BPL TRIP"
This post really stems out of my jealousy that I don't get to do a group UL trip in the beautiful Pt. Reyes area with other trail nerds...but man, hurry up and go on that trip already so we can...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » THE 2ND ANNUAL POINT REYES BAY AREA BPL TRIP
January 16, 9:04am

"Winter Trail running Gear"
"Winter" Gear for trail running/road (New Mexico style): Shoes: New Balance MT100's or La Sportiva Crosslite Socks: Darn Tough Mesh Low or no socks Top: Merino wool top 1/4 z...

In Other Activities » Winter Trail running Gear
January 15, 5:42pm

"BPL Improvements"
Wow, the layout is great, aesthetic, etc., BPL runs a fine vessel! I cannot think of much that needs improvement from a user standpoint. +1 on the search I suppose. I've had trouble navigati...

In Chaff » BPL Improvements
January 14, 7:58am

"Where would you live?"
Port Angeles, WA, the best city at the foot of the Olympic Peninsula, only a stones throw away from Victoria, British Columbia and a very short flight to Alaska. You can kayak, climb glaciated pea...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where would you live?
January 13, 6:54pm

"Groupthink at camp MYOG.."
En, I applaud your desire to think for yourself, good for you. However I'm honestly steaming with anticipation for you to unveil and contribute to this community and specifically the gear sect...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Groupthink at camp MYOG..
January 13, 6:46pm

Clothing Advise/Guidance
Hey Jay, like the poster previously mentioned, you are missing a warm insulation layer. One possibility is trading up your Marmot fleece for a more thermally efficient and lighter down top as well...

In Gear Lists » Clothing Advise/Guidance
January 13, 7:14am

"Running shoes bad for the joints?"
3.8oz. per shoe! Wow, that is light. I 'm almost certain the sweaty sock in the shoe would weigh more than the shoe itself. Buying quality racing flats is like buying lingerie, the less fabr...

In GEAR » Running shoes bad for the joints?
January 12, 6:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Eugene Smith

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
Ron had my MLD Spinnaker Monk tarp repaired and improved upon free of charge with reinforced tieouts in 1 week, from shipping to Rons' shop, sewn, and shipped back to me, one week! This would nev...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 10, 9:43pm

Golite Shangri La 1
I have owned the Golite Shangri La 1 for several months now and have used it on about 3 trips so far in the desert southwest with variable weather conditions in the mountains and lower regions. F...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
May 16, 7:20am

Western Mountaineering Megalite
I recently used the WM Megalite on a 5 day trip through the Gila with temps at night ranging from the mid 20's to the lower 40's. Light wind was present each evening and the bag and draft tub...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
April 13, 10:00pm