Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hendrik Morkel (skullmonkey) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Finland
About Me Wilderness Guide, environmentalist, entrepreneur.
CityTampere
CountryFinland
My Website URLhttp://www.hikinginfinland.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hendrik Morkel

Showing 241 - 250 of 396 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...40

Forum » Thread

Pinnacle
Joe, don't you use a Pinnacle in the Winter? A belly pouch, like the OMM Trio, won't work as that's where I carry my camera already.

In GEAR » Winter Backpack Recommendations
November 21, 9:19am

Winter backpack
Same situation here, looking for a winter backpack where my huge Joutsen sleeping bag will fit in. Of these two, which would you recommend: Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus, 675 g, packs 59 l and...

In GEAR » Winter Backpack Recommendations
November 21, 7:44am

Re: Re: Sleeping system & clothing in winter
I will get rid of my NeoAir (I don't find it comfortable), and in those temperatures it would be suicidal to take it. I'll take a 9 mm CCF mat and a 38 mm inflatable mat. I don't mind i...

In GEAR » Sleeping system & clothing in winter
November 19, 8:49am

Warmth in tents vs. tarps & shelters
I'd like to hear your thoughts, comments and observations on the use of a tent vs. a tarp/ shelter in winter. Somewhere I read that a double wall tent will be warmer in the winter, as the in...

In Winter Hiking » Warmth in tents vs. tarps & shelters
November 19, 7:15am

Sleeping system & clothing in winter
I would put this in the Winter Forum, but it seems here are more folks. Planning a one week trip in February here in Finland. Temperatures will be between -20°C (that's -4°F) and -30°C (t...

In GEAR » Sleeping system & clothing in winter
November 19, 5:02am

Fritz Handel of BushBuddy
And the next interview is up! This time Fritz Handel, the maker of the famous BushBuddy sat down and answered my questions and shares with us how he developed the BushBuddy started his company.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cottage manufacturers - interviewed
November 16, 3:41am

Re: Scarp 1 Pole Termination Point
Yes, they float, that is correct. One the 2nd part of your question, I let Franco, Henry or any of the other tent experts answer, they're way more qualified then me.

In GEAR » Scarp 1 Pole Termination Point
November 11, 1:55pm

Re: Scarp Vestibules and Condensation
Nope, never cover the vestibules with a ground cloth and there were never any significant condensation problems, even next to a lake.

In GEAR » Scarp Vestibules and Condensation
November 11, 1:53pm

Grant Sible of Gossamer Gear
Grant Sible, President of Gossamer Gear interview is online =)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cottage manufacturers - interviewed
November 11, 1:43pm

Scarp 1
If Dewey really values direct personal communication and experience, I am sure he wanted to say "Get a Scarp 1" but he decided to be a bit more cryptic about it. Henry Shires responds to...

In GEAR » Still Making Up My Mind - Akto or Scarp??
November 08, 3:20am

All Reader Reviews by Hendrik Morkel

Hendrik Morkel has posted no reviews.