Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steofan The Apostate (simaulius) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bohemian Alps
About Me Running in the hills north of Lincoln NE, where, in the words of Ted Koosier, the glaciers kicked the mud and rocks off of their galoshes before stomping back to Canada.
Running 3-6 miles every day. Counting down to Canada trip in 2015 and a dinner at Mo's West on the way home. Walking out to short overnights, driving out when I get the rare two days-off in a row.
StateNebraska

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steofan The Apostate

Showing 241 - 250 of 338 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Forum » Thread

Around town insulation piece
Melenzana micro grid hoodie. Too comfy & warm to care what anyone would think about an old guy wearing a hoodie around town.

In GEAR » Around town insulation piece
March 25, 7:41am

Blah, blah, blah
"Awesome – seriously. Once this thing gets going, it’s like the bellows of Hades" An accurate description of the idester clip. Some unknown guest is having an attack of sour grape...

In GEAR » The Kettle is coming !
March 17, 11:06am

Now for the hard part-moving below 10 lbs for 6 days in Yellowstone, August 20
Think cold & damp with wind (flavored with smoke from local wildfires) and chances of patchy sunlight. You will have rain and lots of water to slog through. Perfect neighborhood for the Douglas...

In Gear Lists » Now for the hard part-moving below 10 lbs for 6 days in Yellowstone, August 20
March 17, 9:09am

Where to keep the map while walking
+1 from me, Randy. Keep one or two extra copies tucked away. The wind has pulled quite a few maps out of my hands.

In Philosophy & Technique » Where to keep the map while walking?
March 15, 1:10pm

Flat, wide tea steeper
Contact Colin F and see if you two can come up with a roll-up ti steeper. Until then, I'll keep using my Tuffy Steeper from the Tea Spot. Works great in my ti mug and there's nothing like...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Flat, wide tea steeper
March 15, 12:52pm

How many BPL'ers wear KILTS?
Don't quite have this figured out... just looked at the Compass Kilt on the Alpha Kilt site (which does look darned nice, but very pricey) and couldn't help but notice that most recent cust...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How many BPL'ers wear KILTS?
March 14, 10:23pm

"Just another frog in the judicial pot"
Ouch! Quite the uncomfortable analogy. My best wishes go out to him and I really hope that his defence council is the best. Bidding at the auction was brilliant at delaying and drawing attention to...

In Chaff » Oil and Gas bidder Tim deChristopher found guilty
March 12, 7:42am

Oh, yes ! Try before you buy!
I went from boots to Sportiva Exum Pros and won't go back to boots. My foot is a 10 1/2 D and the Sportivas on my feet now are USA 10.5+ , Eur 44. Had my feet measured and shoes fitted at a sho...

In GEAR » Getting rid of boots for trail runners????
March 11, 12:32pm

TrailLite Designs - Bandoleer Pack
I had an old but heavy Jansport that was a sling-style, triangular and carried well in the center of my back. Does anyone make a lightweight version with a capacity of say, 2000cc?,

In GEAR » TrailLite Designs - Bandoleer Pack
March 10, 1:48pm

Parent & Son Tent Buddies?
No. Never. Boys lead, work, sleep together. Adults stay in the background and sleep there too.

In Philmont » Parent & Son Tent Buddies?
March 05, 11:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Steofan The Apostate

Steofan The Apostate has posted no reviews.