BPL Community Profile

Steofan The Apostate (simaulius) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bohemian Alps
About Me Running in the hills north of Lincoln NE, where, in the words of Ted Koosier, the glaciers kicked the mud and rocks off of their galoshes before stomping back to Canada.
Running 3-6 miles every day. Counting down to Colorado trip in June, YNP in July. Walking out to short overnights, driving out when I get the rare two days-off in a row.
StateNebraska

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steofan The Apostate

Showing 241 - 250 of 305 | Page: 1 ...12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Forum » Thread

VFF
I did a lot of hiking and overnights in VFF Sprints at YNP last year. They did great through obsidian grit, rocks, stream crossings and machine washings. I'll have to try some KSO Treks. A litt...

In Editor's Roundtable » Vibram FiveFingers KSO Treks Review
January 12, 9:16am

Any backyard chicken farmers out there?
Great looking birds, Craig! Very nice coup too! I'm not a chicken farmer any more... changed over to chinchillas and cage building and just love it.

In Chaff » Any backyard chicken farmers out there?
January 12, 8:33am

What's Your Weakness?
1)Cooking dinner over a fire. 2)Titanium cookware. Does anybody know where I could find a ti-wok?

In GEAR » What's Your Weakness?
January 12, 8:00am

New MLD Product
Very nice liner, Ron! Just what I have been looking for.

In Gear Deals » New MLD Product
January 04, 9:36pm

Your Best Gear of 2010
La Sportiva Exum Pro: 600 miles and still nice! Melanzana micro grid hoodie: so warm! CDT pack: perfect fit. Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ4: an older model, but still in the box (unopened) & cleara...

In GEAR » Your Best Gear of 2010
December 27, 11:16pm

"Jam or Swift?", Travis L, are you out there?
Travis Leena had this same question/thread going year or so ago. He got the Swift 10, I went another direction and got a CDT and have not regretted the decision. I believe that he recently went for...

In GEAR » Jam or Swift?
December 27, 10:19am

"Going tentless"
Go with a larger tarp & bivy. Practice different ways to pitch the tarp and work with your set up in your backyard. In case of epic backyard fail, just take everything in the house and try agai...

In Philosophy & Technique » Going tentless
December 21, 8:39am

"What knife do you carry backpacking?"
My son gave me a Gerber Vallotton a couple of years ago. 4 oz, 2.6 inch blade. Blade stays very, very sharp and the handle has a nice grip too! I carry it everywhere.

In GEAR » What knife do you carry backpacking?
December 16, 11:35am

"Why is outdoor gear so ugly? The weird world of performance outerwear"
Ugly, weird clown shoes may be some peoples' interpretation, but HYOH. I live in these and on old pair of sportiva's. If everyone chooses to buy funky colors, then companies will be forc...

In GEAR » Why is outdoor gear so ugly? The weird world of performance outerwear
December 14, 8:37am

Can Your Cat Do This?
I've trained my cats to sleep in the rocking chair! Took years of work too! We'll start on the jump-through-the-hoop trick in the morning. Ben, are you still travelling?

In Chaff » Can Your Cat Do This?
December 14, 8:05am

All Reader Reviews by Steofan The Apostate

Steofan The Apostate has posted no reviews.