BPL Community Profile

Steofan The Apostate (simaulius) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bohemian Alps
About Me Running in the hills north of Lincoln NE, where, in the words of Ted Koosier, the glaciers kicked the mud and rocks off of their galoshes before stomping back to Canada.
Running 3-6 miles every day. Counting down to Colorado trip in June, YNP in July. Walking out to short overnights, driving out when I get the rare two days-off in a row.
StateNebraska

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steofan The Apostate

Showing 241 - 250 of 297 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Forum » Thread

"Why is outdoor gear so ugly? The weird world of performance outerwear"
Ugly, weird clown shoes may be some peoples' interpretation, but HYOH. I live in these and on old pair of sportiva's. If everyone chooses to buy funky colors, then companies will be forc...

In GEAR » Why is outdoor gear so ugly? The weird world of performance outerwear
December 14, 8:37am

Can Your Cat Do This?
I've trained my cats to sleep in the rocking chair! Took years of work too! We'll start on the jump-through-the-hoop trick in the morning. Ben, are you still travelling?

In Chaff » Can Your Cat Do This?
December 14, 8:05am

"Older people"?
Ben, thanks for the reminder. As long as I can still do 35 mile overnighters, I'll keep the poles... need them for a tarp too. This Nalgene is a keeper as well. Stay outside!

In GEAR » Trekking Poles vs. Walking Staff
December 14, 7:51am

"I don't like hiking."
Lynn, you are correct in my book. Walking and seeing what's around the next corner is why I hike/wander solo. Listening to the wind sing across the grass. Long nights with no fire, watchin...

In Chaff » I don't like hiking.
December 11, 8:13pm

Nothing feels better than...
...an ice cold Coke at the trailhead, or are these the "Bear Use Only" machines?

In Photo Gallery » Nothing feels better
December 09, 12:55am

"Thru-Hike Flashlight or Headlamp"
Really... pick one that clips on can stay on your head or chest. You just might want to use both hands.

In GEAR » Thru-Hike Flashlight or Headlamp
December 07, 11:02pm

Synchilla? Really?
Wonder how many synchilla pelts were used to make to make that? Poor things, they are so cute and fuzzy!

In Gear Swap » FS: Synchilla + REI micro fleece
December 07, 8:07am

Warmest usable glove/glove liner
I found a pair of Buffalo Gold Premium Fibers gloves, 90% American Bison Down, 10% nylon. I have full finger gloves (60 grams for the pair) but they make cut-off finger gloves, mittens and fold-bac...

In GEAR » What are the warmest usableglove/glove liners
December 06, 10:37pm

Where to go in Montana/Wyoming
Ground transportation will be a challange. I was living/working in YNP without my own car. Hitchhiking inside the park always went well, getting anywhere outside the park was tough due to high mila...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where to go in Montana/Wyoming?
December 05, 10:32pm

Sorry, couldn't help it!
Mouseworks beanie mussed hair? A dab of mousse works!

In GEAR » Light beanie with ear covers
December 05, 8:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Steofan The Apostate

Steofan The Apostate has posted no reviews.