Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steofan The Apostate (simaulius) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bohemian Alps
About Me Running in the hills north of Lincoln NE, where, in the words of Ted Koosier, the glaciers kicked the mud and rocks off of their galoshes before stomping back to Canada.
Running 3-6 miles every day. Counting down to Colorado trip in June, YNP in July. Walking out to short overnights, driving out when I get the rare two days-off in a row.
StateNebraska

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steofan The Apostate

Showing 241 - 250 of 315 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Forum » Thread

Music for the soul
Give a listen to Gerry O'Beirne: Half Moon Bay or The Bog Bodies and Other Stories. His acoustic guitar work is incredible.

In Chaff » Music for the soul
January 30, 12:56pm

Not backpacking, but indulge me anyway
Love the pictures! Sounds like a great "job"! Whether anyone/everyone will admit to it or not, we're all looking for home. Stay outside! Steven M.

In Post-Trip Reports » Not backpacking, but indulge me anyway
January 23, 12:43pm

10 words that say it all
"Go out. Be light. But don't be blinded by gear."

In GEAR » "Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the lightest of them all?"
January 22, 9:57am

convert Evernew pan to oven
Thanks for turning me on to the Norpro folks! I just ordered the 12 inch stir fry pan, hoping it will be light enough to take on the trail (if not, oh well, I can always use another pan in my kitch...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » convert Evernew pan to oven
January 22, 8:53am

The new Chaff
Addie has put the smackdown on comments and conduct in the past. I trust her judgement and the good manners that we see on the whole at BLP. That having been said, it's time for me to go out an...

In Chaff » The new Chaff
January 14, 8:47pm

LW inflatible pad
As a side sleeper, I just can't get comfortable on any pad with six or eight long air chambers. I get a much better night's sleep on a neo-air.

In GEAR » LW inflatible pad
January 14, 8:34pm

Had VFF's for a couple of years.
I was always a barefoot person, putting shoes on last and taking them off first. Getting my little toes in place is still a struggle, much easier with socks as the toes just slip right in. Some fol...

In Editor's Roundtable » Vibram FiveFingers KSO Treks Review
January 13, 10:56pm

The Beautiful Cup
I put either coffee grounds or loose tea into a Tuffy Steeper from The Tea Spot. It is made of silicon and packs flat. You need to wash it clean after use or the coffee smell may not come out.

In Editor's Roundtable » The Beautiful Cup
January 13, 4:26pm

Too good to be true?
The color schemes and treads don't look quite right. I'm thinking VFF-Fakes.

In Editor's Roundtable » Vibram FiveFingers KSO Treks Review
January 12, 8:20pm

Interesting, but
Did I miss the specs?

In GEAR » Interesting tent concept
January 12, 9:25am

All Reader Reviews by Steofan The Apostate

Steofan The Apostate has posted no reviews.