BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 241 - 250 of 916 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Massanutten Trail
I met one group who was out for an overnighter. They said they were hiking 18 miles total. when I told them I was going 72, with only my outdoor products glacier II hydration pack (1800cuin.) and i...

In Post-Trip Reports » Massanutten trail
March 27, 3:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MINIMALIST/XUL/3 SEASON GEAR LIST
Changed my list. My goal for weekend trips is simplicity. So I now have a warmer sleeping bag and less clothing. that will work for temperatures anywhere from 30-40 degrees at night and for temp...

In Gear Lists » Minimalist/ XUL/ 3 season gear list
March 26, 3:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MINIMALIST/XUL/3 SEASON GEAR LIST
True true, I dont plan my gear based on the season, I plan on the expected temperatures. I live at sea level and most of my hiking doent go much above 4000 feet. so three season where I live is ...

March 24, 12:56pm

Re: Re: Re: MINIMALIST/XUL/3 SEASON GEAR LIST
I change my list as well because of temperature. I will sometimes bring my cocoon jacket instead of vest, and of course for lower temps I add in the devotion top bag. It is kind of confusing to pos...

March 24, 4:28am

Re: MINIMALIST/XUL/3 SEASON GEAR LIST
I like MP1 I consider it a consumable though If I used AM then I would count dropper weight, but the MP1 wrapper weighs less than a gram, so I dont count it

March 23, 4:08pm

Re: Re: Minimalist Gear List

March 23, 1:02pm

Re: Minimalist Gear List
Michael, I use something very similar to this Waterbag It can be made from cuben or NANO and bemade lighter. what pack do you use? have you posted your gear list, I am interested?

March 23, 12:55pm

Which Inov-8 shoe?
I am interested in getting a pair of Inov-8 trail running shoes for cross country running, and aggressive ultralight fastpacking but there are so many options Roclite 285 Roclite 315 Roclit...

In GEAR » Which Inov-8 shoe?
March 22, 6:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: combo Water Bottle and Pot
>three-hour tour of the local grocery stores sorry to have sent you on a wild goose chase. I guess they are not available everywhere. Some may be interested in this screw top I once found at ...

In Multiple Use Gear » combo Water Bottle and Pot
March 22, 4:41pm

Re: Re: combo Water Bottle and Pot
I once got an energy drink can with a screw top, I have posted some pics of my energy drink can pots, this would be a little taller because you dont cu off the top, so if you dont think you would h...

In Multiple Use Gear » combo Water Bottle and Pot
March 22, 1:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm