BPL Community Profile

Jeremy B. (requiem) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Jeremy B. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy B.

Showing 241 - 250 of 336 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Not anti
Interesting as to why things imploded after 1948. Some background, from memory: - Plenty of tension in the first half of the century, after the British replaced the Ottomans as the major powe...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
November 16, 7:19pm

Twinkies
There's a nice overview of Hostess mess from the August issue of Fortune: http://management.fortune.cnn.com/2012/07/26/hostess-twinkies-bankrupt/ "Still, it's clear from court docu...

In Chaff » No more Twinkies or Ding Dongs
November 16, 12:58pm

Re: Re: B&W photography
Until relatively recently I didn't have too much appreciation for B&W photography; it felt more of a gimmick than a practical technique. That changed as I realized that B&W was about c...

In Photography » B&W photography
November 12, 7:07pm

Re: dye is the new alive
Nylon supposedly responds to acid dyes[0] (used for protein fibers, e.g. wool). Think food coloring and vinegar. This also means that cold water dyes for cellulose fibers[1] (e.g. cotton) are pro...

In Chaff » dyeing clothing w/ vegetables?
October 08, 7:35pm

Re: Re: x100
Bloody hell, I just bought an X100 the other week.

In Gear Swap » Fall Cleaning... Size L shirts, Rain Jackets, Shangri-La 5, Fuji X100, LT4 Adjustable Poles, Gorilla, etc
October 07, 12:09am

Re: EDC Knife
Normally I slip a Benchmite into the coin pocket of my jeans. (Got it as a free promo, and at a 1/4" thin I haven't felt reason to look for something slimmer.) My Kulgera is a bit larg...

In GEAR » EDC Knife
September 28, 11:56pm

Re: Re: Choices
I've put two Synmats side by side without problems. (IMO the side tubes are not as large as one might expect; their effect is more subtle.)

In GEAR » Exped UL Synmat 7 vs. Exped UL Downmat 7 vs Thermarest Neoair All Season
September 25, 1:38am

Re: Re: Re: How Spot processes "911"
Zorg: Agree, especially on the EPIRB. I'm still waiting for the final report, but it sounds like they didn't have one on board. (Yes, exactly.) This was near North Coronado Island, of...

In GEAR » SPOT vs ACR? Need some advice
September 15, 4:38pm

Re: Re: Cell Antenna on iPhone.
Put a PIN code on the SIM and reboot without entering the code. That kills the cell portion but leaves everything else available. Bonus: you also don't have to remember where you left the SIM...

In Chaff » iPhone 5
September 14, 11:05am

Re: How Spot processes "911"
It was posted in another thread, but I think Practical Sailor's writeup of the Aegean incident is worth mentioning again. In that case, GEOS followed their procedure for when no location was...

In GEAR » SPOT vs ACR? Need some advice
September 14, 12:26am

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. has posted no reviews.