BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 241 - 250 of 5643 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...565

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Us gals
"That's all testosterone-fueled bluster. We know that most of the posters in this thread only need to one-hand it....." Off my chair sideways and on the floor. @Heather. Thank...

In GEAR » The Other Fly --The Ridiculous One in your Baselayer
December 11, 7:51pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FLy or no fly - what the double curtain fly is for.
"whitey-tighties have a fly." :)

December 10, 8:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FLy or no fly - what the double curtain fly is for.
"I don't know where you get all those great sayings. Sometimes I think you must have grown up in the South. Long ago, before being banished to Little Rock by my boss for indiscretions ...

December 10, 5:26pm

Re: New Custom ZimmerBuilt Pack
"- Aluminum Stay - Load Lifters" I interpret stay to mean one stay. If this assumption is correct, what do the load lifters attach to? "- 1 Hip Belt Pocket" Why only ...

In GEAR » New Custom ZimmerBuilt Pack
December 10, 4:39pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FLy or no fly - what the double curtain fly is for.
"THAT has to be the best post of 2013!" Even a blind squirrel occasionally happens upon a nut. ;)

December 10, 4:28pm

Re: flap
"If I see any of you on the trail wearing butt flap pants, I reserve the right to laugh hysterically at you." If you see anybody with their butt flap pants visible, you'd best save...

December 10, 4:26pm

Re: Re: down
"Here is a great 1 lb bag:" Since you're coming from a comparatively heavy base weight, I'd recommend you consider the WM Summerlite instead of the Highlite. For an additional...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Light" gear list to shoot for?
December 09, 5:03pm

Re: weak week :)
"there clearly are some different mechanics running on a treadmill, it feels "funny"," Yes. On a treadmill your stride is exerting force in the same direction the belt is mo...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
December 09, 4:46pm

Re: Sleeping on a cold night. How would you configure..
"Its a clear, cold night around 20* F." "What would be the ideal way to layer these items to stay comfortable, dry, warm?" 30F quilt windshirt down jacket thin t...

In GEAR » Sleeping on a cold night. How would you configure..
December 09, 4:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FLy or no fly - what the double curtain fly is for.
"Goodness gracious...what would you guys all do if you had to totally drop trou and squat to the ground each and every time you had to pee." Get a sex change.

December 09, 3:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm