BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 241 - 250 of 5285 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...529

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: On Sizing
CAMP Corsa. 7.2 ounces.

In GEAR » microspike, crampon suggestions.
December 13, 8:23am

Re: Re: Wool Lovers Unite
Nah, just a worsted wool suit. Silk is better for the rest of the ensemble at work.

In GEAR » Long-Long-Long Term Test: Smartwool Long Johns
December 12, 9:33pm

Re: Re: Hares
How about jackalope?

In Other Activities » Any bowhunters here?
December 12, 9:31pm

Re: Safer
Kat's Cats :)

In Other Activities » Little Honda buddy..
December 12, 9:30pm

Re: Little Honda buddy & Cougars
Kat, Over the years there have been some cougar attacks on mountain bikers on So Calif. The fast movement seems to kick in the hunter instinct (IMO) of the lion. So be careful. The Honda is prob...

In Other Activities » Little Honda buddy..
December 12, 7:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Long-Long-Long Term Test: Smartwool Long Johns
"Nick, why are you fixated on flies?" Because it was the funniest thread ever. I should have posted a link to it.

December 12, 9:58am

Re: Any bowhunters here?
I have never hunted. But my wife enjoys bow hunting. Below is her latest kill.

In Other Activities » Any bowhunters here?
December 12, 9:32am

Re: Long-Long-Long Term Test: Smartwool Long Johns
"The threads along the seat and the center stitch in the crotch are wearing thin in rows, and there's a 1 x 1 inch hole along the center seam." Use the hole as a fly and continue u...

December 12, 8:30am

Re: Re: Close encounters of the most scary and odoriferous kind
"Nick G, you remember the last time you went to Cär ey 's Cas tle, the place would make a great stone shelter, it has a steel bed spring too, but it's so full of rat dropping in the t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Close encounters of the most scary and odoriferous kind
December 11, 4:08pm

Re: Re: Kindle Value
Greg, Google LA Unified School District iPad. Plan to spend > $1 Billion on iPads. LAUSD is one of the lowest ranking districts in one of the lowest ranking states in the country. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » kindle fire hd tablet...any good?
December 11, 12:45am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am