BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 241 - 250 of 5366 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...537

Forum » Thread

Judge and Jury
I have a dog. I don't take him backpacking. He does go camping a lot and he hikes often, but only where he is allowed to go and is always leashed. Those are the rules. I hate most dog owners...

In On the Web » Canine thru-hike of CDT
January 27, 6:11pm

Bizzard
Back in the 80's I started to do winter snow trips. It was time to retire my old army gear and modernize. I bought new snowshoes, ice axe, shovel, a down parka and pants, and a winter tent. I c...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Horror Stories
January 27, 5:59pm

Re: 3 season sleeping bag for Sierras
WM Ultralite (20*)

In GEAR » 3 season sleeping bag for Sierras
January 23, 9:27am

Re: How do you find cottage gear?
There is probably not a better resource than the BPL Forums and the articles (need a membership to read most of them).

In GEAR » How do you find cottage gear?
January 22, 3:52pm

Re: How do you know if a filter is damaged from freezing temps.
That is the major "con" of filters and one reason why I have never owned one.

In GEAR » How do you know if a filter is damaged from freezing temps.
January 22, 3:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Others claiming my photos.
Kat, What others do is to be expected on the Internet. Too many people do not recognize other people's property rights. Sign of the times, I guess. Don't lose any sleep over it unless so...

In Photography » Got my mountain lion pictures!!! I did it!!
January 22, 3:42pm

Re: Is the weight of water that you've already drunk that much different from the weight of carried water?
Drinking too much or too little water can have consequences. Know thy body,

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is the weight of water that you've already drunk that much different from the weight of carried water?
January 22, 1:31pm

Re: Re: MSR white gas stove problem
The control valve o-ring is in the annual maintenance kit (at least they used to be). Can also find the o-rings at the hardware store. I use the little tube of oil that comes with the kit to lube i...

In GEAR » MSR white gas stove pump failure
January 21, 2:42pm

Craig...
What famous author named themselves after an Remington Rand Typewriter. I don't think you'll like the answer... :) But you do have style! You forgot to mention if you use a framele...

In GEAR » Adventures in mini writing supplies
January 21, 1:44pm

Re: Windshirt fit
I often wear the windshirt under a puffy. No tests done, but it works for me and can hike in early morning this way without getting the puffy damp from sweating. When I warm up I take the puffy off.

In GEAR » How much warmth does a windshirt add to a down jacket?
January 21, 1:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am