Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mike Storesund (mikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mike Storesund hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Mike Storesund has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike Storesund

Showing 241 - 250 of 283 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Great feedback
Great feedback. Thank you. As far as clothing, I like the idea of having the complete set of dry clothing. I remember “dry is warm” and we tend to get regular summer thunderstorms in the Roc...

In Gear Lists » Pick it Apart... Please!
April 20, 6:56am

Pick it Apart... Please!
I know this list is quite extensive and I can cut down more I am sure. This is a far cry from the 45 pound pack i started with last year. I will be replacing the LL Bean jacket with Cocoon Pull-ove...

In Gear Lists » Pick it Apart... Please!
April 19, 9:08pm

What's on your feet
I wear Asolo Fulcrum or Merrell Chameleon. The Asolo's are lighter, but the Merrells have a sturdier sole. If I am going to be biking as well, I bring the Merrells and the Asolo's for just hiking. ...

In GEAR » What's on your feet?
April 17, 10:21pm

G.O.R.P.
Good Old Raisins & Peanuts (GORP) is probably the best energy combination listed. Everyone can make their own according to their tastes. Also,if there is an allergy to specific foods, they can of c...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Energy Bars
April 15, 3:15pm

Snickers weight
Sorry, I was being funny about the weight of the Snickers bar and vitamins combination. Of the two bars I compared, the candy bar weighed 3 grams more than the energy bar and you really would need ...

April 14, 10:04pm

Snickers comparison
I just did a stare-and-compare between the Snickers Marathon Energy Bar and the Snickers Candy Bar. Listing the percentage of Daily Value (DV) based on a 2000 calorie diet. The energy bar has many ...

April 14, 10:21am

Alcohol Fuel
I was only referring to alcohol fuel.

In GEAR » Platyplus for fuel
April 12, 4:40pm

Speedo Surf Walkers
I use to use my Teva sandals, then went to Speedo Surf Walkers. The Surf Walkers are 9 ounces less than my Teva's, are more like a neoprene shoe with a more plyable rubber sole than the Teva. I lik...

In GEAR » Light River Crossing Sandals
April 11, 10:09am

UPDATE - Clikstand S-1 Performance in Snow
Okay, here is the update on the Clikstand S-1 performance for melting snow. We were at 8500 feet in the Pike National Forest. Overnight we had 2 feet of fresh snow which offered a perfect testi...

In GEAR » Clikstand S-1 Alcohol system
April 10, 10:57pm

Hydration and water sources
I have read Ray Jardine’s theories on water; where we should stay well hydrated at the rate of “one quart per hour”. While I think that might be somewhat exaggerated, I do agree we need to re...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Hydration and water sources
April 07, 11:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike Storesund

Showing 1 - 10 of 12 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Photon Light Proton Personal Flashlight
I would give the Proton a 4 out of 5 score primarily because of its high cost ($69). It is an excellent light if you need to do any emergency signaling at night or if you need a high intensity beam fo...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 27, 9:11am

Six Moon Designs Lunar Solo
I like the simplicity in the concept of the design. It is a combination of bivy sack and single wall tent with plenty of room that weighs in at 25 ounces. The bathtub floor and netting along the floor...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 24, 1:11am

ULA H2O Amigo
I too am a firm believer in gravity filters. It is a blessing that you can still get filtered water with little effort while you complete some other chore around camp. I have used self made gravity fi...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
September 24, 12:59am

Beyond Backpacking by Ray Jardine
I believe each post have their valid points. I believe the general consensus, mine included, is that Beyond Backpacking © is something that should be on every backpacker’s bookshelf. I have read and r...

In Books and Media
September 11, 9:20am

Go Lite Speed
I rate this pack a 5. I also have its smaller brother the GoLite Race, which I gave my son. For 2 pounds, not including ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 02, 11:40am

GoLite Breeze
I have to say this is not the worst pack I ever had, but close to it. I do like the simplicity, but the straps are just killer. With 18 pounds I can carry on one shoulder and switch sides, but when ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 29, 4:05pm

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
These are great little lights! I have the White, Red and Blue with 2 clips. I wear the White and Red on my lanyard and keep the Blue on a hat clip. The Blue was bought as a joke with the Scouts... H...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 29, 3:58pm

REI Peak UL
I bought these to replace my older / heavier poles. I prefer collapsible poles so I can adjust the height with my tarps and my SMD Lunar Solo. I did the research before buying and was concerned about...

In Trekking Poles
August 25, 8:52am

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
I had one of these for almost a year. I thought the four pot supports were a great idea and wish more manufacturers would do so. However I had a few issues and thanks to REI return policy I was able t...

In Stoves - Canister
August 24, 1:51pm

Brunton Crux
I think this stove is the next generation of things to come. With a collapsible burner head, it folds over for 3.1 ounces of ultimate compact ability. The oversized burner head offers a better burn an...

In Stoves - Canister
August 24, 1:21pm