BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 241 - 250 of 3690 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...369

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Z30
The first generation (Golite ultra 20) had pertex endurance at foot and head ends.

In GEAR » Golite z30 quilt- Experience? Love it? Hate it?
October 04, 1:20pm

Re: Re: Lightest full featured tent?
The hexamid does not look like a shelter that can be pitched all sides to the ground. Maybe with options added?

In GEAR » Lightest full featured tent?
October 01, 8:27pm

Re: 5 hikers killed yesterday by landslide.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/30/us/colorado-hikers-rockslide/index.html The cause of the rockslide is not known, but Palmer said heavy rain this month in Colorado may have been a contributing factor.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 5 hikers killed yesterday by landslide.
October 01, 8:59am

SATcase
How it Works: SATcase creator Jim Thomson says the Satcase is very user friendly. Simply insert your smartphone into the case, close the cover and click the latches closed. Install the SATcase app...

In GEAR » SATcase
September 30, 9:11pm

Re: What do you rehydrate in?
Cold beer.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » What do you rehydrate in?
September 30, 11:21am

Re: Science Fact: Running Does Not Suck.
I consider marathon running an extreme sport.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why barefoot isn't best for most runners
September 30, 11:20am

Re: Yes, running sucks.
If you run for recreation/fitness for any length of time, you will get injuries (minor or more significant), no matter what footwear you use.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why barefoot isn't best for most runners
September 30, 9:16am

Re: Best material for UL blanket? Anyone have any?
Instead of worrying about windproofness of a liner when used alone, skip doing that and just lay the 40f bag partly on top of you to adjust for comfort. That is one advantage of using a quilt in th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Best material for UL blanket? Anyone have any?
September 30, 9:13am

Re: Your favorite Warm Hat; Favorite Warm sun hat/system
Warm hat- brimmed hat Cold hat (low altitude, no snow)- brimmed hat plus buff for lower face/neck Cold hat (above treeline, snow)- fleece beanie, buff, visor, windshirt hood combo

In GEAR » Your favorite Warm Hat; Favorite Warm sun hat/system
September 30, 7:46am

Re: Re: Body Glide Liquified Powder is no longer the same
Hi Roger. Yes, it does seem absurd. That is the first thing Body Glide changed. The product name was first changed to Skin Glide and then the ingredient change.

In GEAR » Body Glide Liquified Powder is no longer the same
September 29, 3:37am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm