Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 241 - 250 of 5588 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...559

Forum » Thread

Re: VO2max and long distance hiking
"Everyone I talked to and myself did seem to plateau about 2 to 3 months in and stop making any gains too." General fatigue prevents you from doing the "challenge intervals" ...

In Philosophy & Technique » VO2max and long distance hiking
December 28, 6:29pm

Re: Re: VO2max and long distance hiking
"VOLUME of Oxygen absorbed PER KILOGRAM of body weight." WRONG: I might be missing something implied, but VO2max is raw oxygen utilization. There is no weight component. SEE Bob M. li...

In Philosophy & Technique » VO2max and long distance hiking
December 28, 6:24pm

Re: Transcontinental Race: London - Istanbul
Here's the easy way: PAC Tour Elite. Baggage shuttled to motels each day. Breakfast and SAG stops provided. Average 266 km per day, over 18 days, for 4,642 km, in June through the southern...

In On the Web » Transcontinental Race: London - Istanbul
December 28, 5:24pm

Re: Jetboil - what is the absolute lightest Jetboil configuration?
Are you considering hacked JBs? Sol Ti, SnowPeak GigaPower, Ti Wind Sleeve, and Ti heat reflector above the canister. I slotted the Sol Ti to accept the pot supports of the GigaPower. It all fi...

In GEAR » Jetboil - what is the absolute lightest Jetboil configuration?
December 28, 11:53am

Re: Transcontinental Race: London - Istanbul
So many basic truths about long hard endevors. So many basic truths about life. Thank You.

In On the Web » Transcontinental Race: London - Istanbul
December 28, 10:55am

Re: Re: Re: Hiking alone female, advantage
"Don't mean to rain on your parade..." Then don't.

In Philosophy & Technique » Let's talk about the advantages of being a single female backpacker for a change....
December 28, 9:57am

Re: Re: Rain suit?
"The 2.5 layer pertex shield is great when it lives in the bottom of my pack (ala summer Sierra hiking), but I've never actually given it a good test in terms of daily use in the rain, und...

In GEAR » Rain gear for the CT
December 28, 8:32am

Re: Re: Thanks
This worked for me - These are Hefty zip-click 1 gallon bags, with zipper sliders. Even after flocculation the pump was doomed. Waiting overnight didn't improve things much. So, no pumpi...

In GEAR » Collapsible Bucket Options
December 27, 6:24pm

Re: Re: Whale feces rocks!
And make you smell good too - Ambergris

In Chaff » Whale feces rocks!
December 27, 12:35pm

Re: Rain gear for the CT
I've spent about 30 days on the CT. I've been rained on for maybe 24 hiking hours, usually half day affairs. I'm happy to have had a 2.5 layer WPB membrane rain jacket. Not only do I ...

In GEAR » Rain gear for the CT
December 27, 9:00am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm