BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 241 - 250 of 5071 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...508

Forum » Thread

Re: aspirin dosage
Diane, What circumstances would suggest Benedryl? (I don't know what purpose it serves.)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dog Injury on Trail
June 12, 9:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Long test
"What is gaffa tape? " Gaffers Tape - Strong, tight weave, low tack tape that is easy to use and easy to remove. Origins can be traced to the movie industry.

In GEAR » Locus Gear
June 12, 6:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Forest Ranger's dying wish
Well, if you were the one looking up at those lights, I'm glad you made it. And if it was a buddy... hope all is well. Take Care.

In On the Web » Forest Ranger's dying wish
June 12, 4:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chlorine Dioxide
Log 3 - 99.9% inactivation is the current EPA standard for crypto. Cutting the dose and doubling the time may be OK. (Depends on half-life etc.) Doubling the dose might not be a good idea. T...

In GEAR » Filter Recommendation
June 12, 4:36pm

Re: Athletic tape
"Duct tape can cover broken nails too." Dsvid, Have you dealt with broken nails in the field? Just wrap the foot to immobilize flapping parts? Thanks.

June 12, 4:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Chlorine Dioxide
I'm not a lab tech. Everything here is from searching web. Whether you believe "Trust Me", from Katadyn, or the EPA tables for surface water tratement is up to you. From the ...

June 12, 3:48pm

Re: Chlorine Dioxide
To confuse the issue even more.... I spoke with Chris V., Operations Manager at Katadyn about the chart they have under Technical Support - Micropure Tablets - "Cysts" in column...

June 12, 12:43pm

Re: Bug Net for a Lean-To
Regardless of how you hold it up, make sure you have about 12" of netting extending out along the floor all the way around. Most bugs won't "back track" along the floor to get i...

In GEAR » Bug Net for a Lean-To
June 12, 7:44am

Re: Re: MTR resupply fee
$65 per package. $1 an ounce for alcohol. Between 8 am and 5 pm. "Hikers can't use the restrooms. Sorry ...."

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » JMT food and resupply
June 12, 7:37am

Re: nice job!
"That's when I discovered that the vet wrap mentioned earlier has a shelf life - it eventually just adheres to itself." We pack ours in a short lidded tumbler. No compression gr...

June 12, 6:58am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm