BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 241 - 250 of 5122 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...513

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: ***WARNING***Lady Stuff--DivaCup Questions***WARNING***
"My girlfriend..." HUH ??!!

In GEAR » ***WARNING***Lady Stuff--DivaCup Questions***WARNING***
July 03, 7:52am

Re: marmot
With predicted temperatures around 40°F you should be fine. But you will be at elevation in Colorado, and surprises are common. Apologies if you already know this ... The specs on this bag...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Questions about cold
July 03, 7:50am

Stephenson WarmLight VB Sleeping Bags
I saw a mention of the Stephenson VB system in another thread. So I checked on the Warmlight site - "We’ve used VB since 1955, and all Stephenson bags have had VB since 1968, a major re...

In GEAR » Stephenson WarmLight VB Sleeping Bags
July 02, 8:10pm

Re: 1 ounce spray bottle
" Instead, I sometimes spray a bit on some clothing area that gets warmth from my skin." +1

In GEAR » Deet in a pump spray bottle
July 02, 5:55pm

Re: BP opinons for bad back
"...all comes down to UL gear." For some. For others, core strengthening is needed. Gear won't supplant strength. Ever wonder why you "...just can't do it lon...

In GEAR » BP opinons for bad back..
July 02, 9:08am

Re: why I need more than a drop
Deal with ticks by using permethrin. Wash it into your clothes. Spray your shoes and gaiters. You're good for the rest of the season. DEET trys to confuse ticks. Permethrin kills them.

July 02, 7:07am

Re: deet
The DEET I use is in a spray bottle. It has a cap that covers the spray head. It's bulky, yes. But I get an application that is more uniform and conservative than spreading drops. I can s...

July 01, 9:07pm

Re: Re: Re: deet
"What does the ceramic plate do?" If the bottle melts, the DEET is contained. (Usually)

July 01, 9:01pm

Re: deet
"Note that DEET liquid will dissolve some paints and plastics, so you have to be careful how you use it". +1. Fill, do a spray test, place the bottle on ceramic plate, and re-test i...

July 01, 8:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Inreach
Thanks Bob. Email and SMS text.

In Gear Lists » Spot?
July 01, 6:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm