BPL Community Profile

todd harper (funnymoney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sunshine State
About Me Began hiking in the Carolinas, some in Virginia and now in Florida - much less variation in terrain, I'm sad to say, but beautiful in its own right. A Gatewood Cape w/Serenity is my primary solo shelter nowadays.

I'm also into kayaking & fishing.
StateFlorida

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by todd harper

Showing 241 - 250 of 1755 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...176

Forum » Thread

Re: What ONE piece of gear makes you smile and why
Cool thread, Rick. Ya know, I'm glad you started this thread because when I wrote that the Down T "makes me smile" it actually took me down a road like this. I am enjoying readi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What ONE piece of gear makes you smile and why
March 15, 8:53am

Re: Re: Montbell Down T
Rick, Due to the full coverage of the jacket, it is definitely warmer than the T. That said, the T's shell is more durable as you allude to, but I try to be careful with anything down, so...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Clothing for 30 degree SUL trip
March 14, 8:23pm

Re: Down T
Chad, Get one!! It just works.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Clothing for 30 degree SUL trip
March 14, 7:08pm

Re: Re: Clothing for 30 degree SUL trip
Love my Down T. In fact, I picked one up a few years back because of the shoulder issue my vest had. At first I was surprised that I almost never hear of others using one, then I thought about ...

March 14, 11:48am

Clothing for 30 degree SUL trip
Best vest alternative: Montbell down Snap-T. Covers the shoulders John!

March 14, 10:04am

Re: Re: Re: North Carolina Quilt System - Input Appreciated
Tyler, Yes, the moisture will move to the outermost layer, and down doesn't like being that layer. Others can provide more scientific data to support this - I just know it happens. Give ...

In GEAR » North Carolina Quilt System - Input Appreciated
March 06, 1:04pm

Re: North Carolina Quilt System - Input Appreciated
When doubling up, put the Prodigy on the OUTSIDE so your down doesn't retain moisture - at least it will retain LESS moisture.

In GEAR » North Carolina Quilt System - Input Appreciated
March 06, 11:40am

Re: Re: Modular Pack idea, anyone seen anything like this?
Matt, You're almost describing a Moonbow Gearskin.

In Make Your Own Gear » Modular Pack idea, anyone seen anything like this?
March 06, 11:38am

Re: Modular Pack idea, anyone seen anything like this?
I don't have time to look it up, but Mac (from hammockforums.net) makes the mollymacpack. Heavier, but the concept is there.

In Make Your Own Gear » Modular Pack idea, anyone seen anything like this?
March 06, 8:31am

Re: Hexamid Solo or Pocket Tarp
Setting up the tarp reduces the width, invariably, so a square is good. Oware's square tarps are the most versatile I've seen. Though anybody's would be just as good, with appropria...

In GEAR » Backpacking Light Stealth NANO Ultralight Backpacking Tarp
March 05, 1:49pm

All Reader Reviews by todd harper

todd harper has posted no reviews.