Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Raquel Rascal (flutingaround) - BPL Guest

My Locale Rocky Mtn. West
About Me An outdoors girl in Denver, CO. I have a love for skiing, snowshoeing and backpacking and want to venture into other mountain sports--backcountry skiing? I just took a winter camping course with the CMC last year. I have started to get back pain with a heavier load, so I want to lighten up and meet others in my area with the same mentality.
CityDenver
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Raquel Rascal

Showing 241 - 247 of 247 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

water funnel?
Why do you bring the water funnel? Could you use a piece of panty hose over the bottle openings instead?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BOREDOM... Pictures:Gear (14.8 lbs)
September 18, 5:01pm

good info
Tjaard - I can tell you have a very analytical personality like myself. I went through the same thought process as you, but ultimately, I went with Tim's suggestion because I did face 7* temps ...

In Gear Deals » enLIGHTened equipment is back with INSANE pricing
September 17, 3:33pm

thanks so much!
Hi Luke, Thanks those are great ideas! I have been to Lost Creek before, but I haven't done the longer loops that you suggested. My current backpacking buddy prefers to do no more than 5 mil...

In Pre-Trip Planning » In Denver- Want to do some ultralight weekend trips in Colorado this fall?
September 17, 7:08am

Love it!
I loved your trip report...I've been going through the same process as you, and I smiled too, because my setup is getting closer to yours. I decided on a 2 lb. solo tent instead of tarp. Thanks...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » First UL trip experience
September 16, 5:08pm

In Denver- Want to do some ultralight weekend trips in Colorado this fall?
Hi everyone, I've been lurking on this website for a while whittling down my gear and now I'm finally a member. It's time to put my new gear to the test. Just bought a quilt that can ex...

In Pre-Trip Planning » In Denver- Want to do some ultralight weekend trips in Colorado this fall?
September 16, 4:54pm

right on.
Thanks Tim, wow, quick response. Hopefully I can place an order today. Just one more question before I take the quilt leap. If I get a quilt that warm, will it be totally unusable to me in warmer w...

September 16, 3:40pm

Which quilt for me?
Hi Tim, I'm interested in ordering one of your Revelation X quilts.. About me: Female 5'10" 145 lbs Thin build Most trips in Colorado Rockies - Hope to take this bag to Ye...

September 16, 2:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Raquel Rascal

Raquel Rascal has posted no reviews.