Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Eric Noble (ericnoble) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me I'm 45 years old, 6'4" and 195 lbs. I've backpacked in the Colorado Rockies, the Wasatch and Uinta mountains, and in Zions National Park. I mountain bike in the Colorado Rockies. I've kayaked in Yellowstone and on Flaming Gorge, and rafted the Green, Colorado and Snake rivers. My trips are usually a week long or less. I love to hike wherever I can. I'm an Assistant Scout Master and I'm often out with the Scouts. My immediate goal is to thru-hike the Colorado trail. I've lived in Utah, Ohio, Illinois, Argentina, California, and Colorado.
CityAurora
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Noble

Showing 241 - 250 of 490 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...49

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: 2006 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
Tim, I just checked Smartwool's site and it appears they only have XXLs left. Thats where I bought mine. Someone said they have been discontinued but I haven't confirmed that yet. I sure hope not.

In Editor's Roundtable » 2006 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
December 01, 10:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Going Wool? share your knowledge
I won't argue with you on the cost. I almost always take advantage of their web specials and season clearance sales. I don't remember the old stuff being superior or more functional. Like you, I ju...

In GEAR » Going Wool? share your knowledge
December 01, 4:48pm

Re: 2006 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
Smartwool Shadows Hoody: See my review. Jacks 'R' Better No Sniveller Quilt: The versatility of this is hard to beat. It works in a hammock and on the ground and as a jacket of sorts. Four sea...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2006 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
December 01, 4:27pm

Re: Going Wool? share your knowledge
Hey Bill, I think you meant to say "Hey Reid" rather than "Hey Eric". My large Hooded Shak weighs 20.1 ounces. You are right about the weight. For 3 season use it is way too heavy. I bought if...

December 01, 1:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: re:Going Wool? share your knowledge
Reid, Thanks for your response. I appreciate your honesty. So, I like everything that doesn't sell :). That's probably a hint that I should stay away from sales and marketing jobs. This implies th...

December 01, 1:09pm

JacksRBetter Down Hood and Sleeves
I'm looking for some feedback by users of the JRB Down Hood and Sleeves. I have 2 No Sniveller Quilts that I love. I read the Spotlites and full reviews. Have you found those reviews to be spot on?...

In GEAR » JacksRBetter Down Hood and Sleeves
November 30, 11:35pm

Re: Wind Mitts - pattern and material?
Mountain Laurel Designs may have just what you are looking for already made.

In Make Your Own Gear » Wind Mitts - pattern and material?
November 30, 3:27pm

Re: Re: re:Going Wool? share your knowledge
"And Eric is correct! We will be dropping this piece for F07 so like you said, get them while you can. Made in the US out of 100% NZ Merino using 18.5 yarn. " Reid, say it ain't so! This is a ba...

November 30, 3:21pm

Re: Re: Re: Anyone using Reflectix fabric?
As usual, great post Douglas! The closest I came to using Reflectix was when I glued a space blanket to some 1/8" foam I bought at the hardware store. It turn out great but I've never really used i...

In Multiple Use Gear » Anyone using Reflectix fabric?
November 29, 3:36pm

Re: Re: Re: fire starter idea
Gene, I agree, if it leaves your person, it's not much good, and can be a fire hazard. In the face of a charging bear this flare would seem to be a good defensive weapon. Throwing it at the bear i...

In GEAR » Fire starter idea
November 29, 3:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Eric Noble

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ibex 17.5 Polo
DESCRIPTION: For when a T-shirt is simply not enough of a statement, we offer class...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
April 22, 12:10pm

Ibex Climawool Glove
Here's the slightly edited description and specs from the Ibex web site. ...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
March 22, 10:00am

Ibex Hooded Shak
This is the perfect base layer for downhill skiing. The versatility of a hoody with thumb sleeves is unmatched. Hooded Shak

February 08, 10:36am

Thru-Hiker.com
I ordered a 5.5" x 7.5" sheet of 0.016 inch 6Al4V titanium from Thru-Hiker. This is a custom size not shown on the website. Talking with Ayce was a pleasure and quite helpful in completing my project....

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:52am

Smartwool Shadow Hoody
The Smartwool Shadow hoody is essentially a Smartwool Zip-T with a hood and cuff thumb holes. The fabric weight of the two garments is the same, 195g. My size large weighs 12.7 ounces on my scale. As ...

November 02, 6:24pm