BPL Community Profile

M G (drown) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Shenandoah
About Me Climber. caver. Cartographer. Have hiked, caved, climbed and mapped in Asia, N. & S. America.

Currently planning on 8 days in the upper Kern September 2014.A desert SW trip in May, ski touring in the Canadian Rockies in April and Costa Rican volcanoes in Feb.
CityWashington
StateDC
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M G

Showing 241 - 250 of 569 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...57

Forum » Thread

Nice
Thanks for the pics. Incredibly low snow year well illustrated in these images. Heading that way in September myself, hope we'll have some water left.

In Post-Trip Reports » SEKI Loop from Road's End 7/4-7/6
July 07, 12:58pm

"WTT or WTS AND WTB: Yellow Silnylon MLD Trailstar for Cuben MLD Trailstar"
Payment pending on Silnylon Trailstar. Rev 1. Found Cuben Trailstar.

In Gear Swap » WTT or WTS AND WTB: Yellow Silnylon MLD Trailstar for Cuben MLD Trailstar
July 07, 12:50pm

Buy or trade: Grey MLD Supermid for Cuben MLD Trailstar
Bought a used yellow, seam sealed Silnylon trailstar here in May 2013. I have not used it yet except for setting it up in the yard. I am regretting purchasing the sil version and would prefer a cub...

In Gear Swap » WTT or WTS AND WTB: Yellow Silnylon MLD Trailstar for Cuben MLD Trailstar
July 07, 11:53am

Re: Re: BPL packs
Nick, That has been my experience as well, the greater the number of people, the greater the compromises and the less elegant and successful the final design. That is only my limited experience,...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Politics of Cottage Consumption
July 03, 2:19pm

Olympic time of year
I've been there in August with excellent weather, I would think the second week of September might hit the sweet spot of less crowd and less wet weather. Pasayten Wilderness may be a good r...

In GEAR » Olympic NP in late October - Advice?
July 03, 2:14pm

BPL packs
I know the collective memory here is rather short but didn't BPL take this crowdsourcing approach with the packs they briefly sold in ~2010 before fetting out of the gear business? I recall tak...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Politics of Cottage Consumption
July 03, 11:24am

Re: Ok
I find it most disrespectful when people think rules don't apply to them or that they are somehow exempt and who then take offense and get prickly when it's pointed out to them. Your positi...

In GEAR » Ultimate SUL gear list in NH White Mountains? 6.8lbs
July 02, 11:42am

Re: So I'm doing the Sierra High Route...
Justin, How closely you follow the route is your choice. Roper describes alternate routes and the terrain will suggest others as well. The JMT is always fairly close by so if a section is too in...

In Pre-Trip Planning » So I'm doing the Sierra High Route...
June 27, 7:35pm

Canister choice
If you live in SF you should invest in a Weekender. Don't count on the ursack. Every year is the same story, approval is always pending....The weekender is a solid investment now with great res...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT 14–16 day plan
June 27, 3:41pm

Echo 1
Did you use in rain or drizzle? Experience? How spacious or small did it feel?

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT Nobo
June 24, 7:55pm

All Reader Reviews by M G

M G has posted no reviews.