Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 241 - 250 of 399 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...40

Forum » Thread

mesh mash
I had some fine people answer my questions about mesh a short time age. check out this thread. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id...

In Make Your Own Gear » MLD tough mesh?
July 31, 5:38pm

no sew 10 X 10 flat tarp
finishing up a 10 X 10 flat tarp with glued seams. Only sewing the guy outs to the edges. Should be ready for testing in a week - just need to glue-on the mid-panel guy outs. Construction is ba...

In Make Your Own Gear » no sew 10 X 10 flat tarp
July 31, 5:01pm

GE silicone II
You must the tube that says premium silicone Glue - not caulking - not sealer. It is product # 280. upc 0-7702700280-5 the tube has changed color since this article. it is now white with gree...

In Make Your Own Gear » What glue for silnylon?
July 27, 9:01pm

laminated silnylon
Is there any long term reports from using laminated silnylon tie outs? I'm ready to start my tarp and like this idea. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/myog-laminating...

In Make Your Own Gear » laminated silnylon
July 22, 9:24pm

nice job
I like the fact that you were able to reuse many items from your old pack. I like the roll top and compression system. Many people forget the vertical strap, but you have a sturdy one to keep thing...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG : My first attempt at a rucksack.
July 19, 7:33am

it works
Trip report. the mesh modded pack worked great. It was about 90 degrees out on a 2 day SAR and my chest did not get sweaty (or my back either - sorry, but heavy external frame pack worked perfec...

In Make Your Own Gear » mesh for a chest pack
July 17, 9:08pm

Finished for now.
Just in time. I'll be trying out the mods this weekend. Basically I just cut off the back and re-attached some webbing to the front so it could hang from my backpack straps. I secured it to my ...

In Make Your Own Gear » mesh for a chest pack
July 12, 8:00pm

great timing
Wow, great job. and nice timing as this is on my to-do list before my fall trips. Thanks for all of the detail and tips. Hmm, linelocs on the tie outs, might have to look at that idea. Sure wou...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Flat Solo Cuben Tarp
July 12, 5:07am

edging
I iron the edging in half and then sew it in one pass. works great Dave

In Make Your Own Gear » binding using grosgrain
July 01, 5:43pm

Marmot Driclime
any sources for this fabric lining? I really like how it feels and performs. I may have a few projects to make with it as a next to the skin lining. Thanks Dave

In Make Your Own Gear » Marmot Driclime
June 30, 6:09pm

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am