Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 241 - 250 of 402 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...41

Forum » Thread

hmm
Good discussion. only time will tell. My reasoning for gluing the seams: -There has been a lot of discussion about seams and thread tension - failure, thread popping, sew holes opening and si...

In Make Your Own Gear » no sew 10 X 10 flat tarp
August 01, 9:42am

Thanks Jerry
Yeah, sorry I can't draw. I revised my pic. I'm planning on a windy rainy test - hopefully with a few thunder boomers for added effect. We do a lot of off trail, backwoods hiking and we...

August 01, 8:36am

seams
Thanks for your inspiration and advise JIm. I read a discussion of ridgeline seams on this forum a while back and used this one that is modified from a canvas tarp seam - minus the 1" inser...

August 01, 8:00am

mesh mash
I had some fine people answer my questions about mesh a short time age. check out this thread. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id...

In Make Your Own Gear » MLD tough mesh?
July 31, 5:38pm

no sew 10 X 10 flat tarp
finishing up a 10 X 10 flat tarp with glued seams. Only sewing the guy outs to the edges. Should be ready for testing in a week - just need to glue-on the mid-panel guy outs. Construction is ba...

July 31, 5:01pm

GE silicone II
You must the tube that says premium silicone Glue - not caulking - not sealer. It is product # 280. upc 0-7702700280-5 the tube has changed color since this article. it is now white with gree...

In Make Your Own Gear » What glue for silnylon?
July 27, 9:01pm

laminated silnylon
Is there any long term reports from using laminated silnylon tie outs? I'm ready to start my tarp and like this idea. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/myog-laminating...

In Make Your Own Gear » laminated silnylon
July 22, 9:24pm

nice job
I like the fact that you were able to reuse many items from your old pack. I like the roll top and compression system. Many people forget the vertical strap, but you have a sturdy one to keep thing...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG : My first attempt at a rucksack.
July 19, 7:33am

it works
Trip report. the mesh modded pack worked great. It was about 90 degrees out on a 2 day SAR and my chest did not get sweaty (or my back either - sorry, but heavy external frame pack worked perfec...

In Make Your Own Gear » mesh for a chest pack
July 17, 9:08pm

Finished for now.
Just in time. I'll be trying out the mods this weekend. Basically I just cut off the back and re-attached some webbing to the front so it could hang from my backpack straps. I secured it to my ...

In Make Your Own Gear » mesh for a chest pack
July 12, 8:00pm

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am