Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chris Muthig (cmuthig) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Georgia
About Me Chris Muthig has not added a biography yet.
CityAthens
StateGeorgia
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://kringlelight.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Muthig

Showing 241 - 248 of 248 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Synthetic Quilt Questions
So I just finished a project and I'm moving on to another. I plan to do an ultralight hike of the AT during May in the South, so it is pretty warm. Too warm I think for my Golite Ultra20 in my ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Synthetic Quilt Questions
March 22, 9:26am

Collar
The pack looks really good. I'm assuming that the collar is extendable,right? Do you think you can post some pictures of the pack with the top open and extended?

In Make Your Own Gear » First MYOG Backpack
March 22, 8:44am

MYOG
Going with MYOG would be cheaper and a good option if you feel confident making the tarp. If you go with MYOG the original tarptent design can be purchased at thru-hiker with the materials for not ...

In Make Your Own Gear » UL OR SUL MYOG switch (help meee!)
March 21, 3:49pm

Changes
The zipper for entry is across the chest. I haven't had a chance to field test it yet, so I can't tell for sure what I would change. Just from getting in it though, I would say that I wo...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Bivy
March 20, 3:00pm

MYOG Bivy
Just got a chance to try to make a bivy over my spring break. The materials are silnylon for the bottom and the .9oz ripstop from OWF for the top and just a strip of bug netting across the face. T...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Bivy
March 19, 5:57pm

Bug net
I have never really needed any bug repellent or netting, but I have only hiked in the South. What would be suggested for Maine in the summer? I have plenty of bug netting I could make a cover for w...

In Gear Lists » AT Thru Hike
February 09, 10:30am

Summer Quilt Synthetic Insulation
I am thinking about making a synthetic quilt similar to the one Bill Fornshell made a few years ago http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thre...

In Make Your Own Gear » Summer Quilt Synthetic Insulation
January 28, 3:28pm

AT Thru Hike
This summer I plan to attempt a hike on the Appalachian trail. I can't start my hike until around June 8 and only have to around August 13 because of school and work, but I have a free flight t...

In Gear Lists » AT Thru Hike
January 28, 2:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris Muthig

Chris Muthig has posted no reviews.