BPL Community Profile

Casey Bowden (clbowden) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Berkeley Hills
About Me In 1999 I rode a bike from Oregon to Virgina using lightweight backpacking methods from Ray Jardine's book, Hiking the PCT. My first backpacking experience came 1 year later and I have been hooked ever since.
CityKensington
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://CaseyAndEmily.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Casey Bowden

Showing 241 - 250 of 512 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...52

Forum » Thread

Re: Best Practices: Saving Time in the Morning
"Don't eat breakfast in camp." +1 My favorite times to hike are right after I get up and after dinner. I consider both of these periods to be "bonus" hiking periods, ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Best Practices: Saving Time in the Morning
June 01, 10:21am

Re: Re: wifely complaints
"Being a mom is different than being a dad in some ways. Even if you do have the chance of a weekend alone you still feel as if you are abandoning the child - and you spend the time wondering ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking life after children
May 28, 5:10pm

Re: Skiing the John Muir Trail
Well done Kevin. Our course I wouldn't expect any less from someone who hiked the JMT solo in 9 days at the age of 14!

In Editor's Roundtable » Skiing the John Muir Trail
May 25, 3:27pm

How to Calculate Bear Can Capacity with Water
Bear Can Volume = (weight of can full of water - weight of empty can) x (12 x 12 x 12) x (1/62.4) Notes: 1. Calculated volume is cubic inches. 2. Canister weights are pounds.

In GEAR » I have to buy Ber Canisters.... Crap
May 16, 9:30am

Re: Tassajara
Nice... What's the day use fee for Tassajara?

In Post-Trip Reports » Tassajara
May 05, 4:20pm

Re: Stop and Identify Laws
Cameron, What kind of experience do you have at airports? Do you get there extra, extra early? Is commercial flying a right?

In Chaff » Stop and Identify Laws
May 05, 2:44pm

Re: Havasu Canyon
My wife and I spend 3 days and two nights in the canyon in July of 2006, including hiking all the way to the Colorado River. Despite the occasional trash along the trail and the large number of ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Havasupai Canyon
April 29, 12:09pm

Re: Re: Goddard Canyon to Evolution Basin
Thanks Tom, When I wrote the original post you are one of the people that I hoped would respond.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Goddard Canyon to Evolution Basin
April 28, 6:43pm

Re: Goddard Canyon to Evolution Basin
Richard, It would be awesome if you could send me a pdf. My email address is clbowden at yahoo dot com. Thanks!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Goddard Canyon to Evolution Basin
April 28, 6:42pm

Re: Goddard Canyon to Evolution Basin
Bob and Richard, Thanks for the info. Richard, what map are you looking at? My Tom Harrison map doesn't have the peaks designated as your describing.

April 28, 4:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Casey Bowden

Casey Bowden has posted no reviews.