Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Don Selesky (backslacker) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Don Selesky hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Don Selesky has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Selesky

Showing 241 - 250 of 295 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Down booties - do you bring 'em?
"the sole is super-slippery on ice" Try running a few lines of Seam Grip on the bottom of the sole - it gives you much more traction.

In GEAR » Down booties - do you bring 'em?
December 05, 7:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Vapor Barrier question
I always use VBL gear in the winter when it's well below 32F/0C. However, I have a slightly different approach - I use VBL clothing rather than a VBL sleeping bag liner. Since I may have to s...

In GEAR » Vapor Barrier question
December 05, 1:37pm

Re: Re: Nunatak in winter
For high humidity situations, synthetic insulation is definitely the way to go, both for sleeping bags and clothing.

In GEAR » Nunatak in winter?
December 03, 8:18am

Re: Re: Nunatak in winter?
"However, my concern with sleeping with down clothing on especially with Bivy is your sweat wetting out down clothes thereby making them less insulative when needed around camp. If you are in ...

December 02, 1:23pm

Re: Nunatak in winter?
I hope so, because I've got an Arc Expedition on order, along with a balaclava, down pants, and mukluks. This, combined with a down parka, should work well in a hammock in New England winters....

December 02, 7:52am

Re: winter sleep system
My personal suggestion is to carry a bag/pad combo for the coldest temperatures you expect to see, and use your parka with the bag for conditions you *didn't* expect, such as a cold snap, extre...

In GEAR » winter sleep system
September 26, 2:24pm

Re: Osprey Aether 85
Clifford, Scott, thanks for your feedback on the Aether 85.

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Backpacks 2008: Current Favorites and New Introductions (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008)
September 20, 7:47am

Re: Re: Re: Lightweight Backpacks 2008: Current Favorites and New Introductions (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008)
"Did you look at the other backpack article released? It features many lightweight high volume packs." Except for the Golite Oddessy, all the packs are well under 5000 ci. The article...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Backpacks 2008: Current Favorites and New Introductions (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008)
September 18, 2:42pm

Re: Re: Lightweight Backpacks 2008: Current Favorites and New Introductions (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008)
"The volume is 3800 c.i. (62L) with the collar extended, plus side water bottle pockets." My problem is I typically need around 5000 cubic inches of pack to haul everything, so a 3800 ...

September 17, 3:46pm

Re: Lightweight Backpacks 2008: Current Favorites and New Introductions (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008)
My big problem is finding a high volume but lightweight pack for winter camping in NH. Since the temps can get well below 0F I need plenty of insulation, but the total weight is very little, consi...

September 17, 9:37am

All Reader Reviews by Don Selesky

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
I've had my 30F #3 bag down to 12F on a winter camping trip, wearing a mid-weight synthetic parka and pants, under a tarp and bivy combination. I was comfortable up to the 12F temps, although I w...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 04, 2:45am

Big Sky International
I ordered a tent about mid-December of last year also, and would be stunned at this point if it ever showed up. I suspect that you'll never get a refund simply because Big Sky doesn't have it - the f...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 05, 2:02pm