BPL Community Profile

Don Selesky (backslacker) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Don Selesky hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Don Selesky has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Selesky

Showing 241 - 250 of 282 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Re: Misting: Myth or Fact
"It was only noticed one night even though we had other nights with substantial rain with large puddles around the camp." That was in a low humidity environment. It gets more interest...

In GEAR » Silnylon "Misting" and Ray Jardine
August 08, 1:29pm

Re: Re: PacLite Gore-Tex
"I say again, there is no free lunch." Unfortunately, too true. "Again I say that you could carry two silicone tarps for the weight of 1 urethane tarp. Double them up and yo...

August 07, 4:08am

Re: Re: Re: "Silnylon "Misting" and Ray Jardine"
No idea whether it's single or double coated, only that it's .65 SpectraLight (Cuben), and I assume that there's no PU coating on it.

August 06, 6:39am

Re: Re: Re: "Silnylon "Misting" and Ray Jardine"
I'm assuming that the MLD SpectraLight [Cuben] is silicon coated only - no PU. While there may no free lunch, sometimes you can season to taste. :-)

August 05, 8:07pm

Re: Re: "Silnylon "Misting" and Ray Jardine"
I intend to try to add more silicon on the underside of the tarp to gain a better seal against water penetration. It will add a few ounces, but still be much lighter than straight PU-coated tarps.

August 05, 5:02pm

Re: Windstopper
Personally, I don't get the point of Windstopper for backcountry use (although it would make sense for in-town use). You need a shell anyway. You use a regular fleece when you need less war...

In GEAR » Windstopper
July 28, 2:35pm

Re: misting falacy
"I agree with Dave at Oware. I've never had a customer say anything about misting either." Well, I guess you have now. :-) I have the Hex Hammock Tarp in Spectralite, which I u...

July 28, 10:57am

Re: misting silnylon
"Personally, I fail to see what all the hullabaloo is about a little misting or condensation." Well, if you're lying in a hammock with the tarp just above your head and the misting...

In GEAR » "Misting" Silnylon!
July 24, 12:10pm

Re: Gear report and Help me with Contrail set-up (Seattle)?
"I was pretty darn chilly under my ultralight 180 quilt, even though I had a hat, 2 wool shirts, montbell warm jacket, windshirt on top and wool long johns and hiking pants on bottom, and even...

In GEAR » Gear report and Help me with Contrail set-up (Seattle)?
July 21, 8:28am

Re: stove for sub freezing temps
The XGK is a traditional mid-winter stove. It's basically a blowtorch for melting snow. Generally reliable and effective. My winter stove of choice, however, is the Coleman Xpert, which ta...

In GEAR » stove for sub freezing temps
June 20, 6:41am

All Reader Reviews by Don Selesky

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
I've had my 30F #3 bag down to 12F on a winter camping trip, wearing a mid-weight synthetic parka and pants, under a tarp and bivy combination. I was comfortable up to the 12F temps, although I w...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 04, 2:45am

Big Sky International
I ordered a tent about mid-December of last year also, and would be stunned at this point if it ever showed up. I suspect that you'll never get a refund simply because Big Sky doesn't have it - the f...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 05, 2:02pm