Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Don Selesky (backslacker) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Don Selesky hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Don Selesky has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Selesky

Showing 241 - 250 of 302 | Page: 1 ...12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Forum » Thread

Re: combine it with a CCF pad for safety
"You wouldn't want to be out in very cold weather and have your pad deflate on you." Was out on a 4 day trip one winter where my Thermarest deflated on the first night, and I didn&...

In GEAR » Exped DownMat for Winter?
September 15, 5:33am

Re: Re: Single-wall winter tent?
I did an overnight in Vermont a year ago March, where I tried to get the pack weight down to an absolute minimum - 14 pounds total. To do that I used an MLD tarp and bivy combo. It sleeted that n...

In GEAR » Best solo winter tent
September 15, 5:29am

Re: Montbell U.L. Wind Parka
I've had good luck with their Mistral parka. It's a couple of ounces more but seems to be a better performer. I used it last month on a week long hike in Colorado for lounging around camp...

In GEAR » Montbell U.L. Wind Parka
September 13, 7:58pm

Re: Montbell Super Stretch
I've used this bag with the BPL Pro 90 parka and pants down to 12F without issue. Seems warm enough to me.

In GEAR » Montbell Super Stretch
April 20, 6:48pm

Re: Winter stove base
Cut a rectangle out of solid blue foam, and cover with aluminum tape.

In GEAR » Winter stove base
January 19, 7:30pm

Re: Re: Mont Bell UL SS #1 Down Hugger "test"
"OK, fat people, chime in! :)" At 5' 9" and 210# I'm not sure that I fall into the "slender" category... I've pushed my 30F UL-SS bag to 10F using moderat...

In GEAR » Mont Bell UL SS #1 Down Hugger "test"
December 07, 8:35pm

Re: vbl's
I would *assume* that a Gore product is breathable, which would mean it *wouldn't* be a good VBL. Stephenson's WarmLight still makes VBL clothing, as does RBH, but not many others do.

In GEAR » Vapor Barrier question
December 05, 8:24pm

Re: Re: Down booties - do you bring 'em?
"the sole is super-slippery on ice" Try running a few lines of Seam Grip on the bottom of the sole - it gives you much more traction.

In GEAR » Down booties - do you bring 'em?
December 05, 7:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Vapor Barrier question
I always use VBL gear in the winter when it's well below 32F/0C. However, I have a slightly different approach - I use VBL clothing rather than a VBL sleeping bag liner. Since I may have to s...

In GEAR » Vapor Barrier question
December 05, 1:37pm

Re: Re: Nunatak in winter
For high humidity situations, synthetic insulation is definitely the way to go, both for sleeping bags and clothing.

In GEAR » Nunatak in winter?
December 03, 8:18am

All Reader Reviews by Don Selesky

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
I've had my 30F #3 bag down to 12F on a winter camping trip, wearing a mid-weight synthetic parka and pants, under a tarp and bivy combination. I was comfortable up to the 12F temps, although I w...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 04, 2:45am

Big Sky International
I ordered a tent about mid-December of last year also, and would be stunned at this point if it ever showed up. I suspect that you'll never get a refund simply because Big Sky doesn't have it - the f...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 05, 2:02pm