BPL Community Profile

Don Selesky (backslacker) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Don Selesky hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Don Selesky has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Selesky

Showing 241 - 250 of 276 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Forum » Thread

Re: misting falacy
"I agree with Dave at Oware. I've never had a customer say anything about misting either." Well, I guess you have now. :-) I have the Hex Hammock Tarp in Spectralite, which I u...

In GEAR » Silnylon "Misting" and Ray Jardine
July 28, 10:57am

Re: misting silnylon
"Personally, I fail to see what all the hullabaloo is about a little misting or condensation." Well, if you're lying in a hammock with the tarp just above your head and the misting...

In GEAR » "Misting" Silnylon!
July 24, 12:10pm

Re: Gear report and Help me with Contrail set-up (Seattle)?
"I was pretty darn chilly under my ultralight 180 quilt, even though I had a hat, 2 wool shirts, montbell warm jacket, windshirt on top and wool long johns and hiking pants on bottom, and even...

In GEAR » Gear report and Help me with Contrail set-up (Seattle)?
July 21, 8:28am

Re: stove for sub freezing temps
The XGK is a traditional mid-winter stove. It's basically a blowtorch for melting snow. Generally reliable and effective. My winter stove of choice, however, is the Coleman Xpert, which ta...

In GEAR » stove for sub freezing temps
June 20, 6:41am

Re: Dealing with wet footwear
I've seen this topic discussed many ways, from stream crossing to rains, and I think one thing missing is the extent to which your feet will be exposed to wet versus dry conditions. Out west, ...

In GEAR » Dealing with wet footwear
May 19, 11:43am

Re: Nallo 2 vs. Warmlite 2R
A few points on the 2R: - it's really not a double walled tent, it's a single walled tent with a liner that hangs from the ceiling, creating a dead air space. This helps control condens...

In GEAR » Nallo 2 vs. Warmlite 2R
April 22, 12:48pm

Re: Backpack - when is light too light?
I'll echo Mike H's comment that a proper backpack frame and waist belt is more than worth the extra weight. It's possible to still have a lightweight pack that uses lighter weight fabr...

In GEAR » Backpack - when is light too light?
April 21, 11:43am

Re: trek
"By the way Don, any trouble changing out the pad seeing that the slot is in the inside bottom?" Yeah, I skipped a few details there. I got Penny to do the sewing, including both the ...

In GEAR » large capacity, lightweight winter backpack
April 13, 7:47pm

Re: large capacity, lightweight winter backpack
I modified an old Golite Trek pack (5500 cu. in.) to carry heavier loads. I made the following changes: - replaced the thin closed cell foam back pad with a thick one, and attached two pack sta...

In GEAR » large capacity, lightweight winter backpack
April 11, 7:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Fill weight and temp rating: Western Mountaineering vs. Montbell UL SS
I just took my MontBell SS 30F bag down to about 10F wearing VBL clothing and the BPL synthetic parka and pants, with a bivy sack under a tarp, although I was starting to get cool at that temperatu...

In GEAR » Fill weight and temp rating: Western Mountaineering vs. Montbell UL SS
April 09, 1:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Don Selesky

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
I've had my 30F #3 bag down to 12F on a winter camping trip, wearing a mid-weight synthetic parka and pants, under a tarp and bivy combination. I was comfortable up to the 12F temps, although I w...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 04, 2:45am

Big Sky International
I ordered a tent about mid-December of last year also, and would be stunned at this point if it ever showed up. I suspect that you'll never get a refund simply because Big Sky doesn't have it - the f...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 05, 2:02pm