BPL Community Profile

john Tier (Peter_pan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Co-Owner Jacks 'R' Better, LLC, VA
About Me Co-Owner of Jacks 'R' Better LLC
Citywilliamsburg
StateVA
My Website URLhttp://www.jacksrbetter.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by john Tier

Showing 241 - 248 of 248 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

re:multi use quilt
Nice multi use quilt...No Sniveller...800pf down...2+ inches thich...wearaable as a serape...check gear section here or www.jacksrbetter.com... Test results due this winter by BPL...also there is a...

In Multiple Use Gear » Multiple Use Sleeping Bags
October 01, 6:00am

Zero wgt tripod
Ryan, Why not pick up three sticks, take a tarp guy line or some other piece of cord in your pack ...lash up a hasty tripod...put your sand sack on top of the lashing junction,then camera .... l...

In Post-Trip Reports » Yellowstone / Beartooths Trek
September 30, 1:32pm

under quilts
Lots of information on under quilts and other hammock insulation options at www.whiteblaze.net...several years worth of discussions and growth of concepts/approaches.

In Editor's Roundtable » Notes from the Field: SuperUltraLight Tarp vs. Hammock in the High Uintas
September 26, 5:51am

Dri Duck field repairs easy
Dri Ducks and 02 Rainwear are both easily repaired in the field with duct tape...have been using O2 Rainwear for 3 years and Dri Ducks for six months...both with repairs, some three years old...bot...

In GEAR » DriDucks vs. Rainshield O2
September 21, 7:03am

Hammocks
I have the Hennesy Backpacker UL and The Hennessy Extreme Light Racer...love them both...the light racer is sweeter laying for me 5-11 and 180 lbs, but it does not come with a warranty...I have abo...

In GEAR » Hammocks
August 13, 7:56am

More tuck
Additional source of light weight, down quilts, with baffling and footbox capability is Jacks 'R' Better, see Spotlites reports... We also make a unique Weather Shield System... The top of which is...

In GEAR » Quilts for restless sleepers
August 13, 7:47am

breathability
I have both the DriDucks and O2 Rainwear by Rainshield. Both are bilaminates. Both are extremely simple, fagile ( field repairable with duct tape)and very breathable. I have hiked soaked clothing...

In GEAR » DriDucks vs. Rainshield - breathability
July 01, 3:58pm

hammock insulation
Check out www.jacksrbetter.com.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hennesy Hammock
May 24, 8:19pm

All Reader Reviews by john Tier

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox Silnylon Poncho
Agree with Richard on the mods.... all easy to do....I've had the extended length model for over 4 years and it is super through the mid season.... and yes it will cover a HH. Here is my mod......

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 6:10pm