BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 241 - 250 of 1746 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...175

Forum » Thread

USPS Doesn't Place a Priority on its Priority Mail Service
Update The gear that ordered from Minnesota is on its way to my front door this afternoon / evening. The USPS tracking info says that it is out for delivery. To me it seems like the USPS is t...

In Gear Swap » USPS Doesn't Place a Priority on its Priority Mail Service for Packages ;-(
December 11, 10:43am

Re: Did you provide the buyers with a delivery confirmation # so they know you shipped it?
All of my buyers were provided with delivery confirmation numbers as was I when my piece of gear was ordered. I ordered my piece of gear one full day after my last package was shipped out. My other...

In Gear Swap » USPS Doesn't Place a Priority on its Priority Mail Service for Packages ;-(
December 11, 4:42am

Re: Re: USPS Doesn't Place a Priority on its Priority Mail Service
I do not have any issues with the local branch of the Post Office where my packages were mailed from or the Postal employees therein. What bugs me is the disconnect somewhere behind the sorting ...

December 10, 6:51pm

USPS Doesn't Place a Priority on its Priority Mail Service for Packages ;-(
Are any of you hikers out there Postal workers? I understand "Christmas Rush" and all that but why does the USPS sell something that is supposed to be better than standard parcel post ...

December 10, 3:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Need some tent help, please
David, So far it's only been a minor inconvenience. It does allow the user to adjust the tightness of the pitch from inside the tent which helps if the nylon has gone "slack" due t...

In GEAR » Need some tent help, please
December 10, 11:51am

Re: Need some tent help, please
Jason, Take a look at the Lightheart Gear Duo. Hybrid style, bathtub style floor and full protection from your "state bird". ;-) http://www.lightheartgear.com/index.php?main_page=pr...

In GEAR » Need some tent help, please
December 10, 10:41am

Re: Revelation X quilt - recommended way to use shock cord.
Jeff, This won't answer the question in your OP but... I think I have added the grosgrain loops and shock cord to any quilt that I have made out of sheer habit. The thought has crossed...

In GEAR » Revelation X quilt - recommended way to use shock cord.
December 06, 8:02pm

Re: Frame sheet for Dana Design Terraplane revisited
Charles, I did something similar for my wife's pack. I didn't do boring old circular cut outs. The material came from the housewares department at Walmart. It's a plast...

In Make Your Own Gear » Frame sheet for Dana Design Terraplane revisited
December 06, 7:42pm

Re: USPS Shipping Delays
@Jeremy When I check your Delivery Confirmation Receipt / Tracking numbers it still shows your packages undelivered and the latest info on all three is that they left the USPS sort facility in...

In Gear Swap » FS It's all got to go to make room for a new quilt
December 06, 6:00pm

Re: Instructables
Jordo, http://www.instructables.com/id/Aluminum-Bottle-Tumbler-Cup-Cook-Pot/?ALLSTEPS Click on "Jump To" and then on the 1 thru 10 numbered steps. You can also click the right ar...

In Make Your Own Gear » Rolling the edge (lip) of a beer can pot
December 06, 4:28pm

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm