BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 241 - 250 of 558 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...56

Forum » Thread

Laurel Highlands Trail, Memorial Day Weekend 2012
Nick, I agree with Doug - schedule the extra day off. Use it to recover, cleanup and put away your gear, or whatever. Depending on your job you might even be able to go into work if you don...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Laurel Highlands Trail, Memorial Day Weekend 2012
April 27, 5:08am

To Rain Pant or Not
Here's when the guys I hike with don their rain pants: - When it's raining and looks like it will continue for some time - If it's recently rained and the trail is overgrown and...

In GEAR » to rain pant or not?
April 25, 10:16am

Cheez-Its
Brilliant! Mike Clelland! got me turned onto packing Fritos for lunch (in addition to my usual PB&J) but I never thought of Cheez-Its. I've had heartburn from eating a whole big bag of Fr...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Cheez-Its
April 19, 6:37pm

Lighter Hammock Makers
Thanks for posting that...BIAS looks like they have some products to consider. I really like hammocks when I backpack but have been on the lookout for a lighter option. I transitioned from a Spee...

In Hammocks » lighter hammock makers
April 19, 1:00pm

Climbing "The Tree"
Thom, Thanks for posting - I loved watching the decision-making process when she peaked. We don't seem to have "climbing" trees around us. That's something I hadn't reali...

In Other Activities » "The Tree"
April 19, 7:51am

Gatewood Cape Headroom
Dennis, Adding the additional pole and guyline probably only gives me another 2-4" of headroom, perhaps taking it from 18" to 22" (or something close to that). It seems like more...

In GEAR » question on the Gatewood Cape
April 16, 8:52pm

Gatewood Height
I use GG LT4's - adjustable so I can vary the height. I carry 16" lines for the Cape and it provides me with a lot of flexibility in how I pitch it. Windy and stormy means it's pitch...

In GEAR » question on the Gatewood Cape
April 16, 11:58am

Bic Mini Electric = Bic Clic?
I just found these at my grocery store ($2.79 for the 2-pack): They're obviously labeled "Thumb Friendly" - but are they what you're calling "Electric?" I haven&...

In GEAR » Bic Mini vs. Bic Mini electric
April 10, 2:19pm

Overnighter with my Twins
Thanks for the comments - I consider myself the lucky one to have girls who love being outside as much as I do. They want to go backpacking again soon so I'm trying to see what I can do to m...

In Post-Trip Reports » Quick Overnighter on the AT with my Twins
April 04, 10:28am

SMD Swift
I have both a Starlite and an original (2010) Swift. I can't comment on the changes made in 2011 (which all seem positive) but I can tell you that both packs are easy to carry, spacious, well-...

In GEAR » I'm kinda surprised there is no SMD Swift review by BPL
April 04, 10:21am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am