Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 241 - 250 of 621 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...63

Forum » Thread

UV Treatment - Sterilizing the Threads
I don't use a Steripen - I use either an AquaStar or their smaller mUV, but the issue is the same. I have a "dirty" Sobe bottle that I use for treating the water. That's what ...

In GEAR » Steripen questions - sterilizing the threads of water bottle?
August 15, 10:53am

Redundant Items
I usually go out with the same group of guys so they're used to me nagging, but I want to know EVERYTHING that they're bringing along so that I can eliminate any redundant items in my pack....

In GEAR » Do you carry redundant backups of critical gear?
August 14, 8:25am

Hammock Tarps
I have a custom hex-shaped tarp made by Lawson Equipment in Cuben. I don't think he's making tarps anymore, but it's really awesome. Look at ZPacks or Mountain Laurel Designs - they...

In Hammocks » Hammock rainfly options
August 13, 8:52am

Looks like my Gatewood Cape
As mentioned by a previous poster, it looks like the SMD Wild Oasis or Gatewood Cape when they're in "full lockdown" mode. I've pitched my Gatewood Cape the whole way to the gr...

In GEAR » World's Lightest Tent?
August 13, 8:46am

Used TP
After doing my business one afternoon in a torrential rainstorm and finding that my TP got wet and became globbed together, I switched to using a quarter square of a disposable blue shop towel from...

In Philosophy & Technique » Used Toilet Paper - Pack it out!
August 12, 8:37pm

iPhone Tracker - Google Lattitude
If you have data coverage for your phone (which doesn't happen where I usually hike) you can use Google Lattitude and it will update your position regularly. I wouldn't count on this thoug...

In GEAR » iPhone tracker
August 06, 6:19am

Tying your tarp to your tree strap
Bryce, I've tried tying my tarp off to the tree hugger strap but as mentioned it was really hard to adjust. I'd be afraid of one of two things happening: - That when you're in th...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL in a hammock... Lil' help?
August 02, 3:46pm

Nice List
Bryce - nice job putting it together. I think you'll be pretty comfortable and can't wait to hear feedback from the trip. I also have a GT Nano 7 hammock but I've dropped it (with w...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL in a hammock... Lil' help?
August 01, 12:07pm

SUL in a Hammock
Bryce, I hammock throughout PA and have a couple of thoughts and suggestions: - Any knots you put in your Amsteel lines will likely be so tight after you've spent a night in the hammock t...

July 31, 12:11pm

The Packa
If you haven't seen it yet, you might want to consider The Packa as a great alternative. I have one in silnylon and one in eVent and love it. It has huge pit zips to give you as much ventila...

In GEAR » Rain coat or poncho for use with a pack
July 31, 6:10am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am