BPL Community Profile

Jacob D (JacobD) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Bay
About Me Jacob D has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Rafael
StateCA
My Website URLhttp://www.hikeitlikeit.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jacob D

Showing 241 - 250 of 592 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...60

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: D90 to Mirrorless?
Good eye Paul; those Trinity Alps photos were indeed from the Stuart Fork area. That trip was last year with a great group of BPL members, I plan to return this fall. The lake was either Emerald...

In Photography » UL BP & DSLR
June 12, 1:00pm

Side Sleepers and Quilts
...seem to go hand in hand. That's the main reason I use quilts, much more comfortable for a side sleeper (at least IMO). I keep one side of the quilt tucked under, if I roll over in my sleep.....

In GEAR » To quilt or not to quilt?
June 12, 9:02am

Re: SMD Lunar Duo Rain Sag
^ What Kevin said. This is the easiest way adjust for (any kind of) sag. Although I usually only make my poles a couple inches longer than needed. The Lunar Duo does have a rather large sail-lik...

In GEAR » Lightheart Gear duo vs Six Moon Design Lunar Duo
June 12, 8:56am

Holy Smokes!
Pun intended. Wow, the smoke over that nearby ridge is scary stuff. My adrenaline would have been pumping at that point, I'd probably set a personal best for breaking down camp and high tail...

In Post-Trip Reports » Fire on the mountain, run boys, run!
June 11, 9:47pm

Samyang 8mm Fisheye
Looks like Samyang has an 8mm / f2.8 fish coming out for the NEX. 180 degree angle of view... could be a fun lens. http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/samyang-announces-the-8mm-f2-8-fisheye-for-the-n...

In Photography » Sony NEX Lens Impressions
June 11, 9:37pm

Re: D90 to Mirrorless?
Hey Paul. I'm going to guess you might be the same "Paul" that left a comment on my blog post regarding D90 vs. 5N. Not sure if you saw my reply there (just a few days ago)... in any ...

In Photography » UL BP & DSLR
June 11, 8:59pm

Re: Re: First Ascent Karakoram bags... what's the good word?
Hey Don. I've had a FA down sweater for a couple of years and it's been great. I was kind of hoping someone here might have tried one of these and seen the thread, but maybe not yet. If ...

In GEAR » First Ascent Karakoram bags... what's the good word?
June 11, 8:37pm

Re: Revolutionary "Whipsnake" Pack
Did Steve Climber get a new announcer? The guys voice just didn't sound quite right. DEVASTATE THE ENVIRONMENT!

In GEAR » Revolutionary "Whipsnake" Pack
June 11, 8:35pm

First Ascent Karakoram bags... what's the good word?
Have any of you BPL'ers given one of these bags a shot? I noticed them in a catalog not too long ago and have been a little curious. Compared to, say a WM Ultralite, they are about 7 oz heavier...

In GEAR » First Ascent Karakoram bags... what's the good word?
June 10, 2:17pm

Re: Roomy 3-4 person tent recommendations
Steven, no ill will intended, but if your wife wants something similar to that huge tent, it sounds as if her expectations are not going to jive with reality. Is there any good reason to carry a 3-...

In GEAR » Roomy 3-4 person tent recommendations
June 09, 6:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Jacob D

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Yearly bump to bring the Wally World rating down where it should be :)

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 10:56am