BPL Community Profile

Eugene Smith (Eugeneius) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Nuevo Mexico
About Me Eugene Smith has not added a biography yet.
CityLas Cruces
StateNew Mexico
CountryUSAish
My Website URLhttp://desertpaincave.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear List2 year old outdated gear list that needs to be updated badly

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eugene Smith

Showing 241 - 250 of 2594 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...260

Forum » Thread

Re: Blasphemy...
4.5lbs might feel significant at the trailhead loaded up, but will be imperceivable a day or two into your trip once you settle in. Gear/weight deliberation can be a bit silly, considering that...

In Philosophy & Technique » Four Point Five Pounds.
February 07, 2:05pm

Re: Zimmerbuilt Hip Pack: Pictures!
Fresh. I like the idea of using this while on the bike. A small stretch pocket on the front or one of the sides would have been a nice addition for stuffing spent gel wrappers, trash, etc. with...

In GEAR » Zimmerbuilt Hip Pack: Pictures!
February 04, 7:57pm

Re: That's harsh...
@Max, I was being a facetious little turd. Don't take any stock in my drive by comment. Whether or not someone uses FiveFingers is not by business. Your feet, not mine. The FiveFinge...

In GEAR » A brief negative review of the Brooks PureDrift
February 03, 9:37pm

Re: Vibram 5 fingers
Just be clear, declaring you settled with the Vibram FiveFingers toe gloves throws out any credibility you may have in regard to footwear, or your original first impressions of the Brooks.

February 03, 8:18pm

Re: Whoa
No interest in the hydrophobic down on my end. I'm more interested in stupid light for extremely arid, but brisk, conditions.

In GEAR » Montbell Plasma 1000
February 03, 11:25am

Re: Montbell Plasma 1000
Wild. The baffles are very unique.

In GEAR » Montbell Plasma 1000
February 02, 10:22pm

Now you don't have to hike the Grand Canyon, Google did it for you.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/pictureshow/2013/01/31/170653143/google-street-view-takes-a-hike-so

In On the Web » Now you don't have to hike the Grand Canyon, Google did it for you.
January 31, 9:17pm

Re: Brooks Pure Project
Eh. As with anything, particularly footwear in this case, the differences of opinion will run the gamut. Proceed cautiously when throwing out general criticisms in regard to gear, especially th...

January 30, 11:01am

Re: Trip logging for 2013
Keep doing your thing Kyle. You have put out a great resource for those looking to plug in and share what they're doing to a larger audience in a simple format. The interface is clean and int...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trip logging for 2013
January 29, 8:31pm

Re: Bike's on the way - what else do I need to get Bikepacking?
Tubes? Who's running tubes anymore? Kidding aside. If you go tubeless, which I suggest you do for the weight savings and better ride, then bring along a small 2-4oz bottle of your prefer...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Bike's on the way - what else do I need to get Bikepacking?
January 29, 2:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Eugene Smith

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
Ron had my MLD Spinnaker Monk tarp repaired and improved upon free of charge with reinforced tieouts in 1 week, from shipping to Rons' shop, sewn, and shipped back to me, one week! This would nev...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 10, 9:43pm

Golite Shangri La 1
I have owned the Golite Shangri La 1 for several months now and have used it on about 3 trips so far in the desert southwest with variable weather conditions in the mountains and lower regions. F...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
May 16, 7:20am

Western Mountaineering Megalite
I recently used the WM Megalite on a 5 day trip through the Gila with temps at night ranging from the mid 20's to the lower 40's. Light wind was present each evening and the bag and draft tub...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
April 13, 10:00pm