BPL Community Profile

Simon Wurster (Einstein) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Big Apple
About Me Simon Wurster has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListSummer 2010 Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Simon Wurster

Showing 241 - 250 of 254 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Any ideas for Gatewood Cape bug screen?
I have the Defender, and the netting it is much coarser than no-see-um mesh. I haven't used it yet, but although it's probably excellent for mosquitos, I doubt it'd "defend" a...

In GEAR » Any ideas for Gatewood Cape bug screen?
May 16, 4:23pm

Re: Have your feet grown?
How old are you? As you get older, your foot bones (metatarsals) spread out (splay), and your arch collapses (very slightly), increasing your relative shoe size. As I passed the 40-year milestone, ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Have your feet grown?
May 14, 10:35am

Re: Surefire Titanium LED
Assuming the Surefire in aluminum is about $90, that's about $420 worth of titanium. I have a 2 oz titanium cup that cost $30, so unless this flashlight also boils water or lasts 160 hours, Sur...

In GEAR » Surefire Titanium LED
May 13, 9:03pm

Re: Re: How would you set up 2 5'x8' tarps?
Hi All, Thanks for the insight. I looked at the pitch of the two poncho tarps (p. 293?) and have some ideas. I'm thinking of overlapping the two tarps along the 8' sides by 1' or so, a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How would you set up 2 5'x8' tarps?
May 09, 11:05am

Re: Re: How would you set up 2 5'x8' tarps?
Whoops, Members-only article... Can you describe the setup? BTW, I ordered BPL "Lightweight Backpacking and Camping," is the setup described in there? Thanks, Simon

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How would you set up 2 5'x8' tarps?
May 08, 10:03am

How would you set up 2 5'x8' tarps?
I have one 5x8, and may soon acquire (really cheap) another 5x8. Both are ID Siltarps. Both would be used together for a one-person shelter. Assume the two tarps would not be sewn together. O...

May 07, 5:35pm

Re: Free spreadsheet program with collaboration
Alas, there's a 512 kb (1/2 mb) limit on Google spreadsheets, and my packing list (and others that I wanted to share for other purposes) just nudged over that limit this year. Great idea, th...

In Gear Lists » Free spreadsheet program with collaboration
January 04, 11:15am

Re: Re: Re: Garmin eTrex Legend Cx
> Can you turn the altimeter off, or just get a baro-altitude reading when you need it? I have a Vista C, which has the built-in electronic compass and altimeter/barometer. On this unit, I ca...

In GEAR » Garmin eTrex Legend Cx
December 28, 7:40am

Re: Down vs polyester fill for clothing
I see a lot of the merits of synthetic centered on getting wet and losing loft. I see the difference centered on comfort. For me: --Synth clothing heats up fast and stays that way (really hot, r...

In GEAR » Down vs polyester fill for clothing
December 13, 3:32pm

What's Santa Bringing You?
First, to avoid the SEA-TAC debacle , let me rephrase to be politcally correct: "What's on your gift list this season?" I'm hoping for: --Steri-Pen prefilter --eVent compress...

In GEAR » What's Santa Bringing You?
December 12, 4:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Simon Wurster

Simon Wurster has posted no reviews.