Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 241 - 250 of 518 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...52

Forum » Thread

I think that weight is per shoe, not for the pair
In my experience, most specs for shoes/boots are given per shoe, not for the pair. 4.4oz per shoe makes sense. They look like my little paddle shoes, which are 5oz each.

In GEAR » Saucony Hattory minimalist running shoes - 4.4 oz
September 03, 7:08am

Feathered Friends sale
Labor Day sale is going on right now. They may have some of their jackets on sale. Can't beat them for down products, imo.

In GEAR » Help me find a down jacket!!
August 19, 1:44pm

Croc knock-offs
I hike in trail runners and don't change for stream crossings, so my camp shoes are exactly that, just for camp. I don't want to have to tie or buckle shoes in camp; just slip on, barefoot...

In GEAR » Camp sandals that work with socks
August 16, 11:23am

Lightweight silk baselayers
I'm the same way. I have a set of lightweight silk baselayers that I'm pretty sure are from REI. They're durable enough but do snag. When it comes time to replace them, I thought I&#...

In GEAR » Which THIN tights?
August 15, 9:04pm

Re: CCF Pads; Coming Soon
Two for me.

In Gear Deals » CCF Pads; Coming Soon
July 31, 10:04pm

Re: FS for me.
I never have 40lb of gear inside my tent. If my pack is 40lb, more than half of it would be food and water and they would be outside. It wouldn't take a 40mph gust to move my FS tent if I wer...

In GEAR » Free-standing vs. Non-Free-standing Tents (both opinions wanted)
July 31, 10:36am

Re: Free-standing vs. Non-Free-standing Tents (both opinions wanted)
I use both and it's really not as problematic as you seem to think and, for me, "stake-ability" of the destination is rarely a criteria in deciding which tent to take. I backpack i...

In GEAR » Free-standing vs. Non-Free-standing Tents (both opinions wanted)
July 29, 8:54pm

Re: Will make those adjustments
>> Can I also take off the beanie's and gloves? You won't need them below the rim but freezing temps are a very real possibility on the North Rim. Average lows for September is 39,...

In Gear Lists » Help with wife's gear.
July 25, 2:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Help with wife's gear.
Just had a quick glance at both of your lists and a couple of things I saw right off. I understand that you want the puffy insulation for that last night on the rim (I assume you can't wait ...

July 25, 6:55am

Re: Help with wife's gear.
Chiming in a little late. I'm a woman and I've done about a dozen hikes in the Canyon, half in the fall (Oct/Nov) and the other half in spring (April). When exactly in October is your perm...

July 24, 9:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.