BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 241 - 250 of 492 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...50

Forum » Thread

Re: To Kindle or not...that is the question
My first Kindle just died... it was 1-1/2 years old and had been in the Grand Canyon 3 times, Mexico twice, plus half-dozen short backpacking trips. I'd made a simple fleece envelope for it bu...

In GEAR » To Kindle or not...that is the question
May 31, 11:51am

Re: which is warmer: nano-puff or smartwool midweight base-layer?
The Nano puff, no question. (And I do have both.)

In GEAR » which is warmer: nano-puff or smartwool midgweight base-layer?
May 01, 7:47pm

Re: backpack & airport bagage handlers
I fly with my gear at least 2-3 times a year and check it all inside a good solid rolling duffel. Mine is soft-sided but has a solid bottom. Most airlines have a maximum size limit of about 62"...

In GEAR » backpack & airport bagage handlers
April 08, 9:33am

Re: Create Silnylon Rainfly?
OK, I'll take a stab. I'd go for a "hybrid" ridgeline tarp/rainfly. Shape the back (closed) end like the tent but leave the door-end extended like a tarp. Use a hiking pole to...

In Make Your Own Gear » Create Silnylon Rainfly?
March 31, 8:49am

Re: REI dividend for sleeping bags, 800 fill amounts
I'd vote for the FF bag over an REI bag but if you're trying to take advantage of your 20% discount and dividend, there are some Marmot cold-weather bags on sale on REI-Outlet.com that you ...

In GEAR » REI dividend for sleeping bags, 800 fill amounts
March 29, 5:35pm

Re: MT00 First Impressions and Ethical Question
Not really an "ethical" question, imo, if you're honest about how you used it and let NB or the store where you purchased it decide. It may very well be that you have a defective sho...

In GEAR » MT00 First Impressions and Ethical Question
March 27, 1:51pm

Re: Sumi
@Corey, I just used a McCall's pattern (M6252) purchased from JoAnn's. I altered the neck/hood area a bit so that the zipper is longer and comes up to just under my chin. Used the same si...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG rain gear fabric
March 27, 5:32am

Re: Thru-Hiker Quilt Kit Finished (With Pictures)
Looks great! But that is so NOT the color I expected the 'Aegean Blue' color to be based on the thru-hiker website. Thanks for posting the pictures.

In Make Your Own Gear » Thru-Hiker Quilt Kit Finished
March 26, 9:05pm

Re: MYOG rain gear fabric
I recently made an anorak with a 2.5-layer WPB fabric from Quest Outfitters. I think I paid about $10-11 a yard for 2nds. (I only need about 1.5 yds for an anorak 2/hood.) Simple design without p...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG rain gear fabric
March 26, 5:43am

Re: Try Pack Before Buying
I always assume that I'm probably going to have to buy a few different packs and return the ones I don't want, so I do allocate a certain amount of my budget toward those extraneous shippin...

In GEAR » Try Pack Before Buying
March 25, 9:19am

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.