Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 241 - 250 of 2121 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...213

Forum » Thread

Exped Lightnight
Might help to know what type of load you are carrying. I'm inclined to think it will be on the heavy side occasionally if you're doing longer trips and trips with scouts. I am a big ...

In GEAR » Women's Backpacks
February 15, 6:50pm

Question about the Lumbar Pad
Hey David I'm working on a similar pack and would be very interested to know if you have any sketches of this? Also I'm really curious about the size of the lumbar area. It looks like the...

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG: A flexible frame for ultralight backpacks
February 15, 6:00pm

Re Re an Idea
I recently tried out a HMG Porter and didn't like the fit. Great pack but I found the two frame stays were resting on my buttocks. When my legs moved (which tends to happen on a hike) the pac...

In GEAR » BPL Absoroka pack question
February 13, 6:31pm

An Idea
You can't really adjust the torso size. Have you tried wearing it lower? I though mine was too long but once I put weight in it I found it fit more comfortably a bit lower and it was actually...

In GEAR » BPL Absoroka pack question
February 13, 11:57am

Smart business move
Smart move on Ron's part in my opinion. Looks like two things are going on. First they want to expand past the UL niche market. Good idea because the UL market isn't going to grow dramati...

In GEAR » new SMD packs
January 29, 9:51pm

Re Re Pack Weight and Materials
The lightest you can make a practical internal frame pack is about 1.5-2 pounds. If you have a frame, a hipbelt and adequately durable materials you're going to have 24-32 oz when you are done...

In GEAR » new SMD packs
January 27, 5:58pm

Re Re Nice
Glad to hear how light they are. I'm set with packs at the moment but I always love seeing new ideas and who knows, maybe I'll trade an old one in at some point. That hipbelt looks pretty...

In GEAR » new SMD packs
January 26, 9:17pm

Packs
I'm not into packrafting yet but I've seen lots of guys here using internal frame packs, no reason to get an external. The big question is whether your pack has the room and can support th...

In GEAR » Any recommendations for internal frame backpack for packraft?
January 26, 9:12pm

Nice
Very nice what is the weight on them? I'm also interested in the hipbelt where does it attach? Poor hipbelts have been the downfall of otherwise great packs.

In GEAR » new SMD packs
January 26, 9:03pm

Hey guys
"Yes, well it doesn't help when this culture starts out with "Hey Guys..." at the beginning of every sentence." I got an idea. We should all switch to the good old southe...

In GEAR » Roll Your Own Toilet Paper
January 26, 9:08am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.