BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 241 - 250 of 2059 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...206

Forum » Thread

Long Trail?
If you want to be able to say you completed a trail you might consider the Long Trail. Doing it in 10 days might be a stretch but you could try.

In Pre-Trip Planning » AT Help
December 08, 1:58pm

Burn?
My only question would be whether the Burn will carry the water weight in south CA. I'm guessing you've thought of that though.

In Gear Lists » PCT 2014 Fine tuning needed!
December 07, 10:28pm

My 2 cents
You're getting lots of good advice. I haven't done the AT but I used to live near it and hiked on it a lot. Couple ideas -Keep the camera. It will probably take way better pictures th...

In Gear Lists » Gearing up for the Appalachian Trail next spring
December 02, 6:47pm

Re Re Re Updates to the Porter
I doubt they could put the framesheet in an old pack. Its sewn in and non removable on newer packs. Edit - You probably don't need it. Its really only for packs with more then 40 pounds in t...

In GEAR » Searching for a new pack
December 02, 6:15pm

Updates to the Porter
I just called HMG and they have made a few improvements since that review was published. -The Porter 4400 (but not the other packs) is made with a heavier Cuban hybrid. -The Porter 4400 now...

In GEAR » Searching for a new pack
December 01, 8:20pm

Durability and Volume
Personally I think a Circuit is way to big for an AT hike. For reasons of my own I ordered a slightly customized Porter 3400 but if I was hiking the AT I'd pick the Windrunner 2400 for seve...

In GEAR » Any reason to buy a cuben fiber ULA Circuit over a HMG Windrider 3400?
December 01, 8:02pm

Be strategic
Sleeping A Z30 quilt by Golite (on clearance now) or a cheaper quilt from Enlightened Gear will cost $150-$180. With a good 20 or 30 degree quilt you might be able to sell both of your current ba...

In Gear Lists » My Gear List: Advice?
November 27, 7:37pm

Re Another Choice
Fire in Lineville Gorge? Bummer I hope the old growth forest survives. You might consider the Art Loeb Trail. The first half is fairly low if I recall then it climbs up to some really nice bal...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Need Advice for AT Section Hike in December
November 24, 6:11pm

One idea
Its a bit more then $30 but the Thermarest Prolite is a good option. The Short is 11oz and $45-$65 depending on whether or not you can find it on sale. The XShort is 8oz and a bit cheaper. No...

In Gear Swap » wtb cheap thin >1in inflatable pad
November 24, 5:02pm

Another Idea
Why not check out Lineville Gorge? Its a nice areas and its lower. I would add one caveat, its a steep hike. If there is ice on the trail its not worth it. There is a visitor center and if its ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Need Advice for AT Section Hike in December
November 24, 4:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.