BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 241 - 250 of 2082 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...209

Forum » Thread

Re Gila alternative
Its a ways from Colorado but Big Bend National Park or Big Bend Ranch State Park might be an option. I'll probably be out there myself after Christmas. Dominguez Canyon might be an option i...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Gila alternative
December 23, 6:11pm

Original Question
To get back to Tom's question about packs... Tom are you happy with your Gorilla for other trips or do you want to replace it? That might affect how much you spend and which packs you choos...

In GEAR » Backpack for BearVault 200 - JMT
December 23, 5:46pm

Pack Size
I ordered a customized Porter 3400. Great pack but really tall. Since I'll never fill it to the top the 3400 is more then I need. I'd suggest taking a good look at the 2400 before the 340...

In GEAR » New pack
December 22, 6:50pm

Re Exped Lighting
Durability wise I think it will hold up pretty well. The fabric is Dyneema gridstop which has a good reputation as far as durability goes. The seems are minimized. As far as I can tell all the w...

In GEAR » New pack
December 22, 4:10pm

Exped Lighting
The compression straps are going to be changed on the 2014 version of the pack. What I've heard is that the straps will go under the side pocket. Normally I carry water bottles, my map an...

In GEAR » New pack
December 22, 3:06pm

Packs
I think the Mystery Ranch pack will be overkill for most everything. Before you drop $300 on a Porter I'd suggest taking a look at the Exped Lighting 45 or Lighting 60 (same pack two sizes...

In GEAR » New pack
December 22, 2:07pm

AT List
I would think the 35 degree bag would be okay by May. I'd keep the other clothing layers a bit longer just in case and send them home later.

In Gear Lists » northbound AT gear list
December 16, 9:22pm

Ray Jardin
To some Ray Jardin was "the man" back in the early days of UL hiking. To give credit where its due he did hike a lot of miles with UL gear he mostly made himself. Its just that his ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Ray Jardine's "Trail Life" book
December 15, 8:44pm

Golite Shoes
Thanks Rick! I'll check those out. I might be able to make the leather versions work as a work shoe at school. A zero drop shoe I could wear under slacks would be great!

In GEAR » New Shoes
December 15, 12:56pm

Ideas
I've played with the Porter and like it. I have only seen the Epic in pictures. According to Ryan Jordan the Porter carries more weight. Weight wise I don't think you save any real weight...

In Packrafting » HMG Porter or ULA Epic
December 15, 12:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.