BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 241 - 250 of 2075 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...208

Forum » Thread

Ray Jardin
To some Ray Jardin was "the man" back in the early days of UL hiking. To give credit where its due he did hike a lot of miles with UL gear he mostly made himself. Its just that his ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Ray Jardine's "Trail Life" book
December 15, 8:44pm

Golite Shoes
Thanks Rick! I'll check those out. I might be able to make the leather versions work as a work shoe at school. A zero drop shoe I could wear under slacks would be great!

In GEAR » New Shoes
December 15, 12:56pm

Ideas
I've played with the Porter and like it. I have only seen the Epic in pictures. According to Ryan Jordan the Porter carries more weight. Weight wise I don't think you save any real weight...

In Packrafting » HMG Porter or ULA Epic
December 15, 12:49pm

Looking for new Zero Drop Shoes
Looking for new shoes to replace my Altra Lone Peaks which are wearing out, I loved the zero drop and wide toe box of the Lone Peaks and might buy another pair. But I'm also considering shoes ...

In GEAR » New Shoes
December 14, 11:18pm

Pad and Gators
I'd like the pad and gators if they are still available.

In Gear Swap » FS: A whole bunch of stuff
December 14, 8:57pm

Other Options
Zimmerbuilt can make any torso length your hear desires. I believe I heard once that ULA made a customized Circuit for a kid so they might do it. The Exped Lighting 60 might be a good option beca...

In GEAR » Short torso pack help
December 13, 10:50pm

Re Selling
Well you could also put a cheap foam pad under what you have to add some insulation. Maybe not a long term solution but it might be good to test the concept. I've used torso length pads with R...

In Gear Lists » My Gear List: Advice?
December 11, 10:00pm

Temperatures
Couple other things to consider. First its possible the weather forecast was wrong. Was there an elevation distance between your campsite and the airport? Where you in a valley. Sometimes cold ...

In Gear Lists » My Gear List: Advice?
December 11, 5:57pm

Re Full Spectra
I was feeling a bit better so I put a few things in the pack and tried it on. First I like the hipbelt. Its stiffer and does a better job of supporting the pack then any other UL cottage pack I&#...

In GEAR » Searching for a new pack
December 11, 5:29pm

Re Re Re Thanks
Thanks Clayton. I'll probably give them a call soon and see if they can shorten it. If they can I'll seriously look into that. I love the pack but I don't see how I'd every use th...

In GEAR » Searching for a new pack
December 10, 10:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.