BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 241 - 250 of 2097 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ...210

Forum » Thread

On the way
Ian I don't know beans about Glacier but have you considered stopping in Yellowstone on the way up? The geysers and hot springs were okay but not something I'd make a special trip to see. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help me get ready for a summer trip to Glacier NP
January 02, 11:18am

Me Too
I'm be happy to chime in if we can schedule a call or Skype.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight Backpacking Thesis help
January 02, 6:46am

March Hikes
March really isn't hiking season in CO. Maybe the Gila Wilderness? I have not done that area in the spring but I imagine timing would be key. There could be snow up high and high water in th...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Spring break hiking extravaganza
December 31, 8:41pm

Mountain Bikes and Wilderness
I once met two mountain bikers a couple miles into the Pecos Wilderness. I asked them if they knew they could get a ticket for being there (I was bluffing I assume the FS would ticket them). They...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2013 Staff Picks
December 31, 8:13am

Sleeping Bags?
What's with the CA rule? Do they not sell sleeping bags and pads period or is it just some rule about reselling a used one?

In Gear Deals » rei garage sale
December 28, 5:00pm

Critter Watching
I plan on being in Wyoming again but don't have specifics, as it gets closer post plans and I'll let you know if I'll be up there. My brother has done more wildlife watching then me....

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Yellowstone trip with an emphasis on wildlife?
December 27, 10:57pm

Rain Gear
I used a 7 oz Golite Virga on the first 409 miles of the CT. Lot of condensation and the less the ideal hood meant I got water in through my face. When I went back to finish the last 76 miles...

In Gear Lists » First time hiker going straight for an AT thru hike.
December 26, 10:55pm

My Picks (and an anit-anti-consumerism rant)
My picks Ultralight Backpacking Item - Exped Lighting 60. Great pack! Best 2 pound load hauler I've tried so far. Insert anti-anti-consumerism rant here Sometimes the focus on gea...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2013 Staff Picks
December 26, 10:16pm

Pink BB Guns
A family friend just got his 9 year old girl a pink Red Rider. When she asked for it we asked her what she wanted it for "Because when I grow up I want to join the army and have a pink rifle....

In GEAR » Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others?
December 25, 9:23pm

Christmas Gifts
Got my parents a Sawyer Mini, and the siblings got them a Gigipower stove. Not much to get them since last year they got new packs, a new tent, new pads and they already have down bags. Got l...

In GEAR » Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others?
December 25, 3:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.