BPL Community Profile

Chris W (simplespirit) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale WNC
About Me I backpack and packraft, and sometimes teach both. I bicycle and ride a motorcycle. Sometimes I run. Sometimes I do Yoga. I have wilderness medical and whitewater rescue training. I can be a bit of a gear junky, although I seem to read more and buy less these days.
CityAsheville
StateNC
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://getlostoutfitters.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris W

Showing 2331 - 2340 of 2471 | Page: 1 ...225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ...248

Forum » Thread

DEET and flies
I bet you're right Benjamin. I've noticed some marks on my last several trips that definitely don't resemble mosquito bites.

In Philosophy & Technique » Mosquitos...
July 15, 10:59am

AGP Stock
I emailed them a couple of weeks back and was told they were waiting on the parts shipments to come in.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » TitaniumGoat reorganizing?
July 15, 8:34am

DEET
I tried using 100% DEET on my last trip in the Smokies and still got ate up on my legs. Not sure what I'm going to try next aside from maybe long pants.

In Philosophy & Technique » Mosquitos...
July 15, 8:32am

Conduit Fit
Art, you probably get a dynamic IP from your ISP and someone else got it banned. Anyway, the gist of what Brian said was the Conduit is designed with a 20" long back panel (to fit your avg ...

In GEAR » ULA Conduit Fit?
July 14, 6:04pm

Nothing but quick-dry clothing
I don't know that much about the JMT but I just did a section of Smokies here in the SE and took my rain jacket with me but wound up not wearing it during a 2-3 hour downpour. My reasoning is I...

In GEAR » Rainwear Confusion...
July 14, 3:01pm

Conduit and Circuit
According to Brian, most any canister will fit vertically in the Circuit. I don't think one will fit in a Conduit at all.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear Canisters & ULA Conduit
July 13, 2:16pm

Salter Food Scale
I used this one http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2545351&cp=&sr=1&origkw=salter&kw=salter&parentPage=search 11 lbs and accurate to .1 oz

In GEAR » Please suggest a scale
July 11, 4:40pm

Pole length
I'm 5'8ish and have been using adjustable aluminum poles for the last year+ set at 115mm. I've never once lowered or raised them to adjust for terrain. As a result, my recent order of f...

In GEAR » How to size trekking poles?
July 11, 11:14am

Versalite
I guess it depends on your body a lot. As an example, I was a on trip last weekend where the overnight lows were mid 50s and my GF and I shared my Caribou unzipped and used like a quilt. I even had...

In GEAR » versalite and puma
July 11, 10:49am

Temps
I use a 35 degree Caribou MF for 3 season and 10 degree Versalite for winter. I'm not sure what the temps are like in NY but I can't see using a 10 degree bag for 3 season.

In GEAR » versalite and puma
July 11, 9:42am

All Reader Reviews by Chris W

Chris W has posted no reviews.