BPL Community Profile

Jay Wilkerson (Creachen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale East Bay
About Me Accept, Adapt then Attack!
CityJust 12 miles to Mt. Diablo
StateNor Cal
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List2014 UL Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jay Wilkerson

Showing 2331 - 2340 of 2816 | Page: 1 ...225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ...282

Forum » Thread

Hex in Winter
I have not taken my Hex out in the snow but I have been caught in 2 big storms(very windy) in the Sierras. The pyramid shape is almost bomb proof. You have to give a lot of credit to the Indians ...

In GEAR » GoLite Shangri-La 3/Hex in winter
January 05, 9:35pm

JMT Highlights
Awesome pictures Brad!! Mr. Muir sure new what he was talking about!!

In Photo Gallery » JMT Highlights
January 04, 10:42pm

JMT

In Photo Gallery » JMT
January 04, 9:03pm

JMT
Dreams of Next Season

In Photo Gallery » JMT Highlights
January 04, 8:47pm

Backcountry Coffee
I combine a Folgers Instant single with Pure Java Extract. A very good combination and simple!!!!! -Jay

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backcountry coffee
January 04, 7:47pm

Nunatak Alpinist/ Inner Liner
I own 3 Western Mountaineering Bags (Great Bags) But the feather tips do eventually find there way out of the bags. So Nylon Taffeta on both sides would prevent the feathers from coming out? How...

In GEAR » Nunatak Alpinist/ Inner Liner ??
January 04, 6:55pm

Nunatak Alpinist/ Liner
Hey Thanks for all the great feedback- Ordering next week!!

January 04, 4:09pm

Nunatak Alpinist/ Inner Liner ??
I have decided to purchase a Nunatak Alpinist with Pertex Quantum 1.0 (Sage Green) for the outer shell. My question? Does the inner liner material matter? I thought I would use Nylon Taffeta 1.0...

January 04, 2:43pm

GG Sleeplight
What size is it? What is your Ht. and weight? What is the bag rated too??????

In Gear Swap » For Sale-Gossamer Gear SleepLight (Down Sleeping Bag)
January 04, 12:47pm

Tarp Tent Crisis
Hey Dennis, I will be using a Dancing Light Gear Tarp/Tent in Pt. Reyes.(Hopefully with no cat urine smell) Sounds like it will be a great outing. Let's pray for some good weather.

In GEAR » Tarp Tent Crisis
January 03, 2:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Jay Wilkerson

Showing 1 - 10 of 75 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Review

Category

Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI)
I have been a member of REI for over 15 years...I purchased a REI Bivy sack over year and half ago -I never used it--just in the backyard to test it out..Anyways I returned yesterday-- the customer se...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 02, 9:27pm

Nunatak Alpinist Mummy 20 degree
I have used the Nunatak Alpinist mummy bag 16 nights so far in 2009 and I have never been so comfortable sleeping. I ordered a large with a 64 inch shoulder and 40 inch foot box at 6'6 length..I ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
August 13, 1:30pm

Thermarest Neo-Air
There has been a lot of hype generated around this sleeping pad and I have to say it is very warm and comfortable to sleep on. I used last week in Emigrant Wilderness and the temps got below freezing...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
June 23, 12:37pm

Equinox 6x8 Globe Skimmer Tarp
I am very happy with this simple tarp. It has a smaller footprint then other tarps thus is perfect for a solo hiker. The 6x8 tarp has 12 gromets to guy out with which adds a lot of versatility for p...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 18, 4:14pm

Trail Life- Ray Jardine's Lightweight Backpacking
I bought the original version in 1998 and that book forever changed my life for the better. Trail life is pretty much the same book except with more pictures and few new paragraphs of information. T...

In Books and Media
April 22, 9:31am

Nunatak Alpinist
I ordered a (Custom) Alpinist Mummy bag in January. I wanted a lighter bag then my WM Superlite- that's why I went with a CUSTOM bag!! Tom told me it would come in at 27 to 28oz-I thought great.. ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 10, 4:11pm

Wet Fire Fire Starting Tinder
The Wet Fire is Quick and easy to use!! What more can I say-I call them the (Magic Marsh Mellows). I used them at the Lost Coast in some very blistry conditions and they started a fire in no time at a...

In Miscellaneous Products
April 06, 4:16pm

Outdoor Research Outer Shell Mitts
The combined weight of the OR shell mitts is 1.5oz- I use them in conjunction with the Patagonia liner gloves. The mitts are great because they give a lot more options on the trail. Use them with the ...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
March 19, 9:26am

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
I used them last week in the Sierras for a day hike in the snow. They were very warm but they got a hole (Left hand) about two hours into the hike. I was using trekking poles and a hole started (worn...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
March 16, 3:01pm

MSR Mug Mate Coffee Filter MSR coffee filter
It does not get any simpler then MugMate for cowboy coffee. Just add coffee grounds to the MugMate and put it in your cup/pot- let it seep for a few minutes and then perfection!! If you want more fla...

In Cookware - Other
March 10, 10:58am