BPL Community Profile

Chris W (simplespirit) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale WNC
About Me I backpack and packraft, and sometimes teach both. I bicycle and ride a motorcycle. Sometimes I run. Sometimes I do Yoga. I have wilderness medical and whitewater rescue training. I can be a bit of a gear junky, although I seem to read more and buy less these days.
CityAsheville
StateNC
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://getlostoutfitters.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris W

Showing 2321 - 2330 of 2475 | Page: 1 ...224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ...248

Forum » Thread

Re: land of the ettins
You have a 27-30" torso? Are you 8 ft tall?

In GEAR » Thermarest vs Micropuff
July 22, 8:38pm

Re: My List for 7 or 8 day trip
Hi John- Is the ursack required in Maine? You could save a good bit of weight (1/2 pound or so) by using the PCT bear bag method.

In Gear Lists » How about your Sub-10 list
July 22, 11:31am

Shelter
What kind of shelter is that? Looks kind of funky from the back.

In Photography » Sigma DP1 in Yellowstone
July 21, 6:49pm

Re: Sigma DP1 in Yellowstone
Great color.

In Photography » Sigma DP1 in Yellowstone
July 21, 4:38pm

Re: FULL NeoAir release
Blowing it up is what I don't like about the BA mats but it all comes down to how much mileage I've put in. A 10-12 mile day and I have plenty of wind left to blow up some mattresses. After...

In GEAR » New thermarest
July 18, 7:56pm

Re: Re: Re: NeoAir Press Release
That's true Roger. The 3 times warmer than any other non-insulated pad says to me if a BA Clearview has an R of 1 then this should have an R of 3. The BA insulated Air Core has an R of 4.1. 3 i...

In GEAR » New thermarest
July 18, 7:07pm

Re: NeoAir Press Release
Sounds like it's still not as warm as an insulatedair core. Should be good for all but winter though.

In GEAR » New thermarest
July 18, 5:00pm

Re: size and material
The majority of packs in the UL category are Sil with the exception of GoLite, SMD, and ULA that I know of. I did what you're contemplating and got a Conduit for small 3-season loads and a C...

In GEAR » Pack suggestion
July 17, 9:03am

Re: ULA out of stock
I got the last S/M Conduit. If you need a large Circuit or a Catalyst Mountain Crossings has some in stock (or did last weekend). http://www.mountaincrossings.com/

In GEAR » Pack suggestion
July 17, 8:06am

Re: LA Times - Billy Goat, long time PCT hiker
I met him end of 07 in the Smokies. Very interesting guy. We asked him who the strangest person he had met was and he replied "me".

In Philosophy & Technique » LA Times - Billy Goat, long time PCT hiker
July 16, 2:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris W

Chris W has posted no reviews.