BPL Community Profile

Gordon Smith (swearingen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Portland, Oregon
About Me http://www.facebook.com/people/Gordon-Smith/100000899587475
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://pixelhorse.smugmug.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List (4-day, summer, mountains, dry weather)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gordon Smith

Showing 231 - 240 of 242 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Mini-Minit filters brew a perfect cuppa
I've been using the Mini-Minit coffee filters for backpacking for years: They work great! They're practically weightless and you can leave the plastic stick at home unless wooden s...

In Editor's Roundtable » Staff Videocast: Cowboy Coffee
February 19, 5:41am

What is the mini-tripod being used?
Hello, Perhaps I missed something here, but I'm curious as to the brand/model of mini-tripod that is being used as the head for this tripod. I'm quite interested in building one of these f...

In Photography » Sub-four oz. carbon fiber tripod
September 07, 2:56pm

Picaridin worked well for me
I just did a four-day backpack in the Indian Heaven Wilderness in Washington, which is also infamously known as "Mosquito Heaven". It did not dissappoint. The mosquitoes were so thick at ...

In GEAR » Insect repellent - what do you use?
August 31, 3:44pm

Re: Re: Going up is hard, going down hurts
I'll second Tom's recommendation on the REI Peak Ultralites. I've had my pair for over three years and have done much hiking and backpacking with them and they're still in fine shap...

In GEAR » Going up is hard, going down hurts
August 31, 12:52am

4"x4" blue shop towel squares???
Can anyone please tell me where a person can find these blue shop towels that Ryan Jordan and others have often cited as a preferred alternative to regular toilet paper? Are these the cotton rags o...

In GEAR » 4"x4" blue shop towel squares???
August 30, 2:33am

Ambien CR and High-Altitude
Hello, I'm headed to the Wind River mtns in Wyoming soon for a six day backpack trip. We'll be camped each night at 9500 to 10,500 feet give or take. I always have trouble sleeping on back...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ambien CR and High-Altitude
August 09, 4:37pm

Ambien CR and High Altitude
Hello, I'm headed to the Wind River mtns in Wyoming soon for a six day backpack trip. We'll be camped each night at 9500 to 10,500 feet give or take. I always have trouble sleeping on back...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Ambien CR and High Altitude
August 09, 4:34pm

Question on Wyoming fishing regs...
Hi Folks, I'm headed to the Winds in a few days and I just got my fishing license yesterday. Am I understanding the Wyoming regs correctly that Brook Trout are 8 inch MAX size? That's conf...

In Fishing » Question on Wyoming fishing regs...
July 31, 1:54am

Ultralight knapsack?
Hi folks, I'm trying to find a super light knapsack or fanny pack, somthing I can just haul some extra water & snacks in plus maybe a windbreaker. It's for day hiking while on a backpack trip. Som...

In GEAR » Ultralight knapsack?
July 07, 4:15pm

Best powdered milk?
Hi folks, Looking for breakfast ideas. In the past I've always done instant oatmeal, but this year I'd like to try some cold cereals. Trouble is I don't much care for the usual non-fat dry milk yo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best powdered milk?
June 10, 1:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Gordon Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Caldera ULC Cone for Snow Peak 600 mug
The Caldera ULC Cone is the compact version of the original Caldera Cone that Trail Designs has been making for several years. The great benefit of the ULC Cones is that they're designed to fit in...

In Stoves - Alcohol
March 05, 1:32am