BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 231 - 240 of 5284 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ...529

Forum » Thread

Re: Army liners
"My buddy was jealously eyeing them...." Are you sure? Might have been eyeing you. Gosh, you set up the opportunity, I couldn't resist :) You might want to check out a jacket li...

In Make Your Own Gear » LINER, COLD WEATHER, TROUSERS, MEN'S, FIELD, NYLON QUILTED
December 16, 7:02pm

Re: tooooo small :(
So for anyone who wants to buy one, paypal the $16 to me instead. This way you won't be disappointed in the product and the money will be better spent on beer or steak.

In GEAR » "Faux-dini": 2.3 oz. Windshirt, <$15 - Initial Review and Sourcing
December 16, 6:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Ground Sheets
No pinholes yet -- but I rarely use it as a groundsheet. Its a great poncho -- not billowy like most and fairly short. The thinner cuben would probably get holes, but I have not read about anyone u...

In GEAR » Ground Sheets
December 16, 6:53pm

Re: Ground Sheets
Bob, Don't know that you are going to get lighter than some of the UL groundsheets out there. I have a zPacks cuben poncho/tarp that converts into a bathtub ground sheet for my Hexamid. W...

In GEAR » Ground Sheets
December 16, 6:46pm

Re: Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread.
Since this is BPL, a watch should be light and durable! My Backpacking Watches

In GEAR » Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread.
December 16, 6:36pm

Re: Scarp for Winter
Is there a lot of demand? Maybe Henry is smarter than us? Perhaps he is waiting to see how Caffin does with his? Where's Waldo?

In Make Your Own Gear » Tarptent Scarp 2 mod post
December 16, 12:50am

Re: Ray Jardin
"To some Ray Jardin was "the man" back in the early days of UL hiking." Sorry... Some of us were doing this in the 70's, 20 years before Ray figured out his kit was to...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Ray Jardine's "Trail Life" book
December 16, 12:23am

Re: GPS data vs Compass Declination
"moral : if concerned about exact corrective angles, sit on a spot that is Absolutely good and shown on the map solid. take a reading on another point also shown solid on your map" Tha...

In GEAR » GPS data vs Compass Declination
December 14, 9:09pm

Re: Fair Labour Association and MEC
You misspelled Labor. Nix the "u" and lighten the weight of your post. I am glad to know MEC is holier than other companies. :)

In Philosophy & Technique » Fair Labour Association and MEC
December 13, 4:11pm

Re: Infographic / flier to hand out to newbies to help lighten their packs.
I can't resist... Maybe we should mind our own business Next, people are going to tell me I need to get rid of my full size SUV :(

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Infographic / flier to hand out to newbies to help lighten their packs.
December 13, 3:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am