BPL Community Profile

Matthew Zion (mzion) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me Eagle Scout. Navy Veteran.

AT '10; CT yo-yo '11; PCT '12
My PDF Gear ListPCT '12

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matthew Zion

Showing 231 - 240 of 247 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Re: WP vs R
I own one and it is certainly not water proof. It will shed spray and light precipitation. Works well for me as a wind shirt + some rain protection but I use an umbrella too.

In GEAR » Montane Lite Speed H2O- WP or Not?
December 20, 2:11pm

Re: Wow
I picked one up at a sale earlier this fall as well. For the price I don't think you can beat it. Plenty warm for me into the teens. If I had to buy it over again I would get the long though.

In GEAR » Golite Ultralite 3-Season quilt-- opinions.
December 17, 10:39pm

Re: Wow
Very impressive.

In Make Your Own Gear » Bonded Cuben Fiber / Momentum 50 Bivy
December 16, 9:28am

Re:
First aid should begin with using common sense. Not taking unnecessary risks, etc. A couple safety pins, guy line, a bandana, and some Dr. Bronner's soap should be good enough for just about ...

In Gear Lists » Trying to go Ultralight
December 16, 9:24am

Re:
Cotton is the devil. If you're in any kind of humidity it probably will not completely dry = mildew. And it holds onto odor. 100% polyester button down is what I use. Having a collared ...

In GEAR » T-Shirt for summer hiking
December 16, 9:12am

Re:
After going both ways with the poles I can certainly attest that, like with all gear choices, there are ups and downs going with or without poles. I found that using poles gave me an extra 8 to 10...

In GEAR » Trekking Poles vs. Walking Staff
December 14, 12:18pm

Re: PA
Id tell you to hike something other than PA~! But of the sections in PA that was my favorite. Lehigh is a blast. I don't think you need to treat in that section. The water doesn't s...

In GEAR » PA Section of the AT in July/August??
December 10, 4:13pm

Re:
Good luck on your trip. I also thru hiked the AT this year and I would just suggest that you don't count on shelter space. I had an early start, March 1, but when the weather turns to sh*t ...

In Gear Lists » AT/PCT gear lists
December 09, 9:55pm

Re:
For a summer bag I'd say you can probably get away with the regular without having any comfort issues. If you are planning on using the bag in cooler temperatures Id suggest getting the long s...

In GEAR » Long or Regular Sleeping Bag?
December 09, 2:58pm

Re:
Thanks for the input guys. I am currently using a zpacks hexamid and I suppose I've been on a brainstorm kick for continuing elimination of gear from my kit and pushing the limits of my comfor...

In GEAR » Bivy Suggestions
December 07, 9:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Matthew Zion

Matthew Zion has posted no reviews.