BPL Community Profile

kevin timm (ktimm) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado (SeekOutside)
About Me kevin timm has not added a biography yet.
CityRidgway
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seekoutside.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by kevin timm

Showing 231 - 240 of 265 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Forum » Thread

Mid , Hex , Tipi
I'm partial to Tipi's :) I have a 9 ft tall proto in my yard and yesterday the winds were whipping and it was fine even though it wasn't pitched that well. I'm partial to slightly s...

In GEAR » Mid vs. Hex vs. Tipi
May 05, 2:59pm

Tipi and Liner Combo deals seekoutside.com
Special on all tipi / liner combo's. http://seekoutside.com/products/specials/

In Gear Deals » Tipi and Liner Combo deals seekoutside.com
May 03, 9:29am

To Warm IMO
I use them most of the time in the winter. I would never touch them now. In the summer, I might go with some sort of running pant setup. Depends on what kind of mileage you are doing.

In GEAR » Lower layers for San Juans trip
April 11, 4:09pm

SeekOutside Poles
Sorry for the commercial post Our smaller poles are plenty stiff for smaller tents. They hold up to pretty large snow loads, even extended up to 7 ft. The 24" length was done to minimiz...

In GEAR » carbon fiber section pole for Pyramid
April 08, 11:52am

Misting and Double walls
We spec 1500 mm. I think any of the 3k type pressure ratings on sil require large quantity buys from overseas. My experience has been that you can get water coming through and you can get misti...

In GEAR » Shelter Silnylon HH Test Results
March 06, 10:26am

The Ul crowd
I would say the UL crowd gets out more, mainly due to the thru-hike / section hike mentality. I personally think there is a lot more in common with the various crowds (UL, Bushcraft, UL hunter)...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who gets out more, the UL or the BC camper?
March 01, 3:02pm

Guyouts and Faux Structure
Side guyouts certain help mid / tipi style tents in high wind. Another help is "faux structure" with a light poly or dyneema line.

In GEAR » Shelter Pictures - Stormy conditions
February 27, 7:59pm

sidewalls
Sidewalls of a few inches add a lot of use able room. We do that on our Tipi's basically with a sod skirt As far as sizing it depends if you barely want to fit 4 people or fit four comforta...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pyramid tent size and how to make it larger if needed
February 27, 5:04pm

2 person tipi
I don't really want to do a commercial post but you might like our smaller 2 - 4 person tipi http://seekoutside.com/products/ultralight-tipis/ . It can be pitched to the ground utilizing a sod ...

In GEAR » Inclement weather, storm-ready shelters
February 25, 2:13pm

Ok
Thanks Roger, sorry I was unaware. I had it as my web site. So it should be as my locale now. I did not see a way to change the name. Thanks Kevin

In Gear Deals » Trekking Pole adapters, extenders , linkers (seekoutside.com)
February 16, 1:39pm

All Reader Reviews by kevin timm

kevin timm has posted no reviews.