BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Guest

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 231 - 240 of 1808 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ...181

Forum » Thread

Re: Mandatory pump jockeys: Let the Free Market Decide!!
Because the manpower to pump the gas increases the variable operating costs of the business, requiring the owner to charge more money for a gallon of gas So true. But that is also looking at th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » So....how do you all feel about Oregon??
January 24, 9:50pm

Re: ha, ok ok.
I second the suggestion that you not be scared off by our extremes here. If anyone suggests that you need a meet a particular pack weight goal just politely remind them that it your hike, not thei...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is there a decent non-lightweight forum?
January 21, 11:10am

price reduction bump: REI Downtime 15 sleeping bag
Price reduced in the OP

In Gear Swap » FS: REI Downtime 15 sleeping bag
January 17, 3:28am

Re: Pit zippers
I am not sure I understand your need for a VB shirt if you aren't sleeping. Try hiking with some vigor without a VB at temps below 0F and windy in clothing adequate to keep you comfortable (...

In GEAR » VB shirt
January 16, 6:52am

Re: 10% off at Enlightened Equipment
was the worlds slowest crash Sometimes your mind slows your perception of these things

In Gear Deals » 10% off at Enlightened Equipment
January 14, 5:48pm

FS: REI Downtime 15 sleeping bag
Little used REI Downtime 15 sleeping bag, size regular $90 shipped via USPS priority mail to U.S. postal codes This is a economical bag that would fit into a lightweight kit, or even ultralight...

In Gear Swap » FS: REI Downtime 15 sleeping bag
January 14, 5:43pm

Re: NEW Patagonia Encapsil ("Dry Down") Parka
Three pages of postings on this? Me thinks maybe we need to get out on trail! The fact that I'm looking at this thread indicates that I need to get out! If it weren't for this lousy ...

In GEAR » NEW Patagonia Encapsil ("Dry Down") Parka
January 12, 12:18pm

sold: Sugru mini-packs
Sold Two unopened Sugru mini-packs, each containing 5 grams (0.17oz) of product ... perfect for tiny projects. One pack is color black, the other white. Price is $4.00 each and includes shippi...

In Gear Swap » FS: Sugru mini-packs
January 10, 11:10am

Re: New MLD Trailstar
Hi Ron, I have redacted the contents of that post. And yes, different pitch choices will result in dramatically different footprint dimensions and shapes. Jim

In GEAR » New MLD Trailstar
January 08, 8:28am

Re: Modified Titanium Pot
@Colin: One word reaction .... WOW! @Nick: How does your "industrial project" match up with heating up piston cylinders and connecting rods (to make frozen wrist pins easier to insert)?

In Make Your Own Gear » Modified Titanium Pot
January 08, 8:17am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am