Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steve S (idahosteve) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Idaho
About Me Left the climbing arena recently, and am now lightening my load in anticipation of wandering all over the high country!
StateIdaho
My Website URLhttp://www.getlostoffroad.com
My PDF Gear Listshr gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve S

Showing 231 - 240 of 286 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

fish pics
thanks, I was still downloading pics when I saw your post. I don't know if anyone took any fish pics, have to check with the others, but here are a couple from earlier this year... these are...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sawtooth Romp trip report
September 17, 12:03am

Sawtooth Romp trip report
Big smiles and big miles in the Sawtooth Mountains of Idaho Here’s the latest trip report from a mad trio of new ultra light hikers. This is my first season as an ultralight hiker, and it’s ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sawtooth Romp trip report
September 16, 11:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Got a Wild Hair
Well, Muir Ranch is closing Sept 19, so that makes a re-supply there a bit difficult. In addition, they take all the free buckets as well, so no way to slide in there with skinny rations and bolste...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Got a Wild Hair
September 03, 4:46pm

Re: Re: Got a Wild Hair
I've thought about doing a single re-supply at Muir Ranch, mailing a minimum there. I'm not sure I want to try and do the high mileage days with a full load in the beginning. Sounds like it...

September 03, 8:25am

Got a Wild Hair
Ok, I've been prone to doing this all through my climbing days, but now its creeping into my UL hiking as well... Here's the deal; I'm considering a wild hair of a trip and taking of...

September 02, 8:14pm

Re: Re: fuels
Bob, here is the rest of my info: I was using 16 oz of water The top diameter of my gram weenie stove was 1 7/8" and the Soloist pot is 4 1/2" diameter on the bottom. Its a 1.1L pot Ai...

In GEAR » Denatured alcohol vs yellow heet
September 01, 6:18pm

white clouds
Joel, I would be interested! I'll drop you a PM and discuss some details!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Idaho: Boise area BPL's
September 01, 7:40am

fuels
I also just started to use an alky stove this past month. I wanted something lighter than my cannister when its just me using it. I went ahead and made a few gram weenie stoves, using aluminum squ...

In GEAR » Denatured alcohol vs yellow heet
September 01, 7:29am

upcoming trip
Cool! I'll drop you a PM and see about joining up! Thats a fun loop! Talk to you soon!

August 29, 8:38pm

looking to get out again
Hey, anyone available? I'm between jobs, and have most of the next month off. Anyone looking to get out, please, let me know asap, and lets plan something!

August 27, 9:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Steve S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Snow Peak LiteMax
I decided to go with the cannister stove out of familarity instead of alcohol. I'm a new UL user, transitioning from a technical climbing background. The old MSR gas stoves were our mainstay for m...

In Stoves - Canister
July 12, 8:39am