BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 231 - 240 of 4976 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ...498

Forum » Thread

Re: ITB issues
Jennifer - " You cannot actually stretch the ITB - so if you can't seem to do that don't worry, you're not doing it wrong, it just really can't be done effectively. If you t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » IT Band issues
May 29, 5:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Questions about putting some eVent fabric onto Cuben MLD SoloMid for venting
"I'm trying to turn my Cuben SoloMid into the ultimate winter tent" From Ryan Jordan's review of an eVent tent. "eVENT fabric is not magic. In very cold conditi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Questions about putting some eVent fabric onto Cuben MLD SoloMid for venting
May 29, 3:11pm

Re: Re: Questions about putting some eVent fabric onto Cuben MLD SoloMid for venting
"... eVent - it's just not very breathable." Are you referring to Cuben/eVent, or traditional 3-layer garment eVent?

In Make Your Own Gear » Questions about putting some eVent fabric onto Cuben MLD SoloMid for venting
May 29, 10:35am

Re: Re: Blood under Nails and Shoe Size Question
...or the toe box is to shallow. My toenails point upward. I require shoes with a high volume toe box - height as well as width, in the appropriate length.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Blood under Nails and Shoe Size Question
May 28, 3:39pm

Re: Purple Ula
nm

In Make Your Own Gear » ULA Circuit - Navy Blue Dye Success
May 28, 3:35pm

Re: miller ml102 version?
"Does one 18650 give you one recharge only on most devices?" That depends on the mAh of the devices. You've got 3400 mAh (minus inefficiencies) to work with. Got two devices tha...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
May 28, 12:53pm

Re: Re: Help Pimp my MTR to Whitney Food System
Take a look at what Mike C! does with Goovy Biotic foods. A few bulk carb bases enhanced with sauces. While he didn't focus on UL, I think it has potential for what you are trying to do. ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Help Pimp my MTR to Whitney Food System
May 27, 9:55pm

Re: Re: JMT Record Attempts - 2014
I walked past the Rock Monster twice without see it, while I was looking for it and "going slow". Now I see it every time. :-) And I would argue that the "fast crowd"...

In Philosophy & Technique » JMT Record Attempts - 2014
May 27, 6:52pm

Re: Up Kwagunt Timing
Excellent. Less that a day for either option. Thanks again.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Grand Canyon: Nankoweep to Little Colorado River ?
May 27, 6:47pm

Re: Re: Re: it band strap
Nope. "We've seen how IT band is an often-misunderstood running injury. The common conception is that the IT band is analagous to a thick cable which is irritated due to friction betwe...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » IT Band issues
May 27, 6:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm