BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 231 - 240 of 5083 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ...509

Forum » Thread

Re: FS Katadyn Hiker Pro
I'll take it. I assume it includes hoses, pre-filter, cartridge, etc. PM Sent.

In Gear Swap » FS Katadyn Hiker Pro
June 27, 1:11pm

Re: Hexamid solo groundsheet vs. poncho groundsheet
Randy Cain detailed another option - "As Dale pointed out, you could do the same thing with a polycro sheet or any other material that floats your boat." You can find the deta...

In GEAR » Hexamid solo groundsheet vs. poncho groundsheet
June 27, 11:42am

Re: Not dehydration
"She drinks a TON of water, between 8 and 10L a day... " That is Huge amount of water! IF it is true, Hyponatremia is possible.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » High Altitude Pressure/Pain - Cures and fixes?
June 27, 11:01am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Trekking Poles
Tom - "Having had twist locks fail before, Im trying to get a picture in my mind of how this is used to enhance the friction. Where do you apply the silicone tape?" A somewhat confu...

In GEAR » Lightweight Trekking Poles
June 27, 10:46am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Trekking Poles
What I use is an "old school" rubber-like product. Grippy, stretches, conforms and bonds around irregular shapes, forms a watertight seal. What I use is Not one of the newer silicon ...

June 26, 10:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Trekking Poles
I use a self-adhering "rubber" tape, often used in electrical work.

June 26, 9:51pm

Re: Re: Cuben Fiber question for the experts
Nothing is "fool" proof.

In GEAR » Cuben Fiber question for the experts
June 26, 1:35pm

Re: Hiking 5,000 miles to raise money for the trail associations
What is the difference between a "charity" and a "trail association"? "I hope to change the dialogue about long distance hiking by fundraising for the trails and ho...

In On the Web » Hiking 5,000 miles to raise money for the trail associations
June 26, 1:07pm

Re: Trekking Poles
Extolled above ^^^^ "Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork Trekking Poles" 15.2 ounces/pair (according to BD) ~ $140 [LT4s for me.]

June 26, 11:30am

Re: Floppy?
"I put the rolled Gossamer Gear sleep pad in. I put the Thermarest inside of that." I'm guessing here... You have a cylinder of sleep pads inside the pack, and you then stuff that...

In GEAR » Hints on how to pack a PCT lack tightly?
June 26, 8:54am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm