Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gabe Joyes (gabe_joyes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Lander, WY
About Me I live at the base of the Wind River Range in Wyoming with my wife and dog. I love to hike all over the Greater Yellowstone area. Our goal is to lighten our packs so that we can go as far as we can, as fast as we can. I currently work for an alternative high school and NOLS.
CityLander
StateWY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gabe Joyes

Showing 231 - 240 of 240 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

FS: MSR Hyperflow
Hardly used, in great shape. $40 plus shipping. Email me at gabe.joyes@gmail.com

In Gear Swap » FS: MSR Hyperflow
April 05, 2:34pm

Re: Re: FS MSR Hyperflow Filter
Thanks for the advice!

In Gear Swap » FS MSR Hyperflow Filter
April 05, 2:32pm

Re: Re: FS MSR Hyperflow Filter
Ben and Timothy, you are rude. I'm trying sell a product, if you don't like it, fine. Please don't be arrogant Gearsnobs, you ruin the UL community's reputation.

April 04, 10:54pm

Re: Older style?
They are the older style, I believe from 2008. Email me an offer at gabe.joyes@gmail.com

In Gear Swap » FS Men's and Women's Thermarest Prolite 3 Regular
April 04, 8:41am

FS MSR Hyperflow Filter
Used lightly, still in great shape. Make an offer.

March 30, 1:26pm

FS Men's and Women's Thermarest Prolite 3 Regular
Used, but in great shape, men's and women's thermarest prolite 3 sleeping pads. I also have the stuff sacks for them and a repair kit. Make me an offer!

In Gear Swap » FS Men's and Women's Thermarest Prolite 3 Regular
March 30, 1:25pm

Good Article Brad
"Let me say that I have been extraordinarily offended by the strident self-righteousness and superiority expressed by some ultralighters." Extremely well put! I know this is not the...

In Editor's Roundtable » Be Prepared, Not Equipped
January 27, 12:31pm

Your body is not a backpack, it is a body.
Thank you Jeremy for writing this article on a very important topic. This article has some very valid points and excellent advice, and in some ways I like the comparison to UL backpacking. But, yo...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lighten Your Heaviest Gear: You!
December 16, 2:40pm

The North Face
No one has mentioned The North Face trail shoes yet. Most of those include, including the Rucky Chucky and Ultra 104 and 105, have a forefoot plate. I haven't used them, but I tried a pair of...

In Editor's Roundtable » GoLite Footwear Competition and Fire Reviews
November 19, 10:50am

What shoe does last?
Does anyone know some trail running shoes or really light hikers that do have a forefoot plate? I've experienced the same problem with EVA mid-soles: they feel great at first and then poof, it...

In Editor's Roundtable » GoLite Footwear Competition and Fire Reviews
November 18, 10:39am

All Reader Reviews by Gabe Joyes

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Osprey Talon 44
All of the Osprey Talon packs are just plain comfortable. For all of the features the Talon 44 packs, I think its weight is actually pretty amazing. Sure you could get a lighter pack, but for the co...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 13, 12:49pm

The North Face Hydrogen Jacket (2008 Model)
This was the lightest wind breaker I could find with a full-zip and no hood. The men's comes in at 2.9 oz. and the women's at 2.4 oz. Blocks the wind wonderfully and is pretty breathable. T...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
November 13, 12:36pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
I love this bag. Lofts up wicked fast, never leaks feathers, packs small (for a 20 degree bag), spot on temp rating for me and my wife. The regular length definitely runs a bit short, I'm 5&#...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
November 13, 11:15am