BPL Community Profile

ed hyatt (edhyatt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The North; UK
About Me ed hyatt has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ed hyatt

Showing 231 - 240 of 257 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

JMT temperatures
I took a -3 (Celsius) bag on the JMT this year and was OK in it, my girlfriend (sleeps cold) was in my Rab Quantum 600 (-12 allegedly)... We like to sleep high if possible and were usually above...

In GEAR » 40 Degree Bags on the JMT?
October 19, 3:52pm

Electrical heat shrink sleeve
I am sure you can get this in the US; just heat to shrink on with a blow torch and colourful pegs abound.... http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/100226834/Electrical_Heat_Shrink_Sleeve.html

In Editor's Roundtable » Tent Stake Holding Power: Comparative Evaluation of Various Designs and Lengths
October 19, 1:19pm

Pyrenees 2008
Yes it is still made but re-badged as the Shangri-La... http://www.golite.com/product/proddetail.aspx?p=SH6125&s=2

In Post-Trip Reports » Pyrenees 2008
October 19, 5:47am

Pyrenees 2008
We carried a few days of food a couple of times but it is easyish to hit villages and/or refugios to resupply. The tent is a Hex 3, with a nest on this occasion....

October 19, 5:30am

Pyrenees 2008
A few shots from an eight-day trip my brother and I made to the High Pyrenees region this summer. below el salto del agua the ibons de anayet: a superb open and shallow basin at around 2...

October 19, 1:52am

BA Copper Spur UL 3
I used the above in the Sierra most of this summer with my girlfriend and it was great space-wise; with three it would be snug but manageable I guess. I am not really familiar with the areas you...

In GEAR » Tent options for 3
October 16, 5:46am

JMT camera
An Exilim EX-Z1000 - I suspect the CCD or colour rendering or whatever it is causes that effect....although TBH it was blue and sunny every day; I am no judge of Sierra conditions really, seldom li...

In Post-Trip Reports » Brits on the JMT 2008
October 15, 2:18pm

Re: Brits on the JMT
Yes I get down to Wales a bit, but not as often as I would like....it is a long way; I realise saying that to an American (assumption?) might beggar belief...but we have a LOT of traffic to get thr...

October 15, 9:30am

and a few more...
..now that I know how....(maybe)

October 15, 9:25am

Brits on the JMT 2008
Afternoon All (well it is here, also wet and grey).... That greyness is assuaged by my thinking back to 17 fantastic days on the JMT this summer - from Yosemite Valley to Whitney Portal... Or...

October 15, 7:03am

All Reader Reviews by ed hyatt

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montrail Hardrock
I wore these this summer over the very rocky GR20 (Corsica) and the GR5 Alpine (Geneva towards Nice). The pair I used on the GR20 (120 miles) are well worn and cut up; they would probably do the ro...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 12, 2:27am

MoonTrail Customer Service
Very good service and advice from Dan at Moontrail; I was ordering from overseas yet picking up in the USA and Moontrail were really helpful with that. Website is good too - especially the use of e...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 20, 8:04am