Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 231 - 240 of 400 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ...40

Forum » Thread

The Truth will set you free...or catch-up to you eventually
It is funny to see the same liberal arguments and all of the class warfare rhetoric repeated at nauseum. "pay their fair share" - which is what? how much money do you want to confisca...

In Chaff » "Hi, I am a Tea Partier" (video)
August 11, 4:27pm

first diamond pitch
the seams and guy outs made it through the first wind storm in my first flying diamond pitch. will keep you updated. Dave self tensioner: first pitch: P.S. set up for 4 days ...

In Make Your Own Gear » no sew 10 X 10 flat tarp
August 09, 3:44pm

great idea
great idea, but we need some action shots. Dave

In Make Your Own Gear » My winter bivy with a porch
August 09, 4:16am

worth it - yes
Daryl, I would say for me it is worth it, but I enjoy the research and design almost as much as the assembly. I like taking many different designs and modifying them to produce something that is...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG worth it?
August 06, 4:57am

great pack
This is a great pack, but the wrong size for me. You could prpbably sell it in 10 minutes at http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ go to the free classifed forums. Dave

In Gear Swap » Mystery Ranch NICE Frame and Load Sling
August 04, 6:56pm

many choices
There are many good threads on here and YouTube. It just depends on what you want, your water sources and how much you want to tinker and spend. Filter in the bag, filter in line, sawyer, katady...

In Make Your Own Gear » gravity filter - leaking bag.
August 04, 4:26am

water bag
I've used this water bag for almost 5 years - coghlan's water bag http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___80728 holds 2.5 gallons and weighs nothing. I only need to fill the bag...

In Make Your Own Gear » gravity filter - leaking bag.
August 03, 9:00pm

rationale
Colin - thanks for your post. I should have posed this seam question before I glued my tarp. You put it in a way that I can understand. My plan was to make a strong lighter tarp with a seam tha...

August 02, 5:54am

hmm
Good discussion. only time will tell. My reasoning for gluing the seams: -There has been a lot of discussion about seams and thread tension - failure, thread popping, sew holes opening and si...

August 01, 9:42am

Thanks Jerry
Yeah, sorry I can't draw. I revised my pic. I'm planning on a windy rainy test - hopefully with a few thunder boomers for added effect. We do a lot of off trail, backwoods hiking and we...

August 01, 8:36am

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am