Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chris Muthig (cmuthig) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Georgia
About Me Chris Muthig has not added a biography yet.
CityAthens
StateGeorgia
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://kringlelight.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Muthig

Showing 231 - 240 of 248 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Closure
I was thinking about the fake white beard as well. I figured it would be warm enough to keep it on as a multi use item in case my head gets cold at night. The bag closes with the same velcro ro...

In Make Your Own Gear » SUL MYOG Pack
April 10, 7:59am

Pack's Finished
For those of you who wanted details about the pack, I just finished it a couple of hours ago. The final weight of it is actually 3.8 oz. You can see more details and pictures of it here http://w...

In Gear Lists » AT Hike
April 09, 9:59pm

SUL MYOG Pack
Just finished making my pack for a SUL trip along the AT this May. This was my first project I've made on my own without help. I based it off of a combination of the pack from the 5 yards to SU...

In Make Your Own Gear » SUL MYOG Pack
April 09, 9:56pm

Pack and Quilt
The Dr. Bronner is my source for washing my hands rather than hand sanitizer. I've read several people switch to just soap, including, I think, Mike. Floss and a needle would a great decision t...

In Gear Lists » AT Hike
April 07, 5:15pm

AT Hike
So I have already posted a gear list here for an AT thru hike, but I have been offered a job for June and July, so my plans changed. I will be hiking from Fontama Dam to Waynesboro, VA from around ...

In Gear Lists » AT Hike
April 07, 9:19am

Tealight Stove Problems
I just recently cut up my own keg pot. I normally use a super cat stove, but with the 24 oz heiney keg, the stability of the keg and stove isn't very reliable. So I decided try to use a tealigh...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tealight Stove Problems
April 06, 10:34pm

Fabric Options
I can't really say the best fabric to use for a pack, but I have made a Gossamer Gear G4 based on the pattern you can purchase at Quest Outfitters. For that pack, I used 2.2oz ripstop and 4oz (...

In Make Your Own Gear » UL OR SUL MYOG switch (help meee!)
March 24, 6:50pm

Cuben Quilt
For a tarp silnylon works well and is pretty common, along with spinn and cuben. Mine is made from silnylon because it is a cheap, light fabric. I'm not an expert on cuben (I am too cheap and i...

In Make Your Own Gear » UL OR SUL MYOG switch (help meee!)
March 24, 9:05am

Manhole Covers
Thanks for some much needed entertainment during an incredibly boring class. I'm only about half way through the thread too! This site is great though. I hope you do stick around. I know I have...

In GEAR » Friendly expertise on camping. Please READ!!
March 24, 8:33am

Head Hole
Bill, Your thread about the quilt was actually what got me thinking about it, so I was really hoping you would see the thread. Thanks for the pictures. How warm would you say your quilt turned ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Synthetic Quilt Questions
March 22, 10:38am

All Reader Reviews by Chris Muthig

Chris Muthig has posted no reviews.