BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 231 - 240 of 610 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ...61

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Raft
I kinda hesitate to get involved here, but if you really want to push the envelope, buy some 30d heat sealable nylon. Cuben is expensive and will not hold air. Aside from Richard, who knows more ...

In Make Your Own Gear » I would like to make a cuben packraft
November 12, 8:21pm

MLD speedmid questions
1. Can it be pitched to the ground? A couple photos online look pretty good but it's hard to tell. 2. Can 2 adults sit up in it? Thanks

In GEAR » MLD speedmid questions
November 11, 11:20am

Re: BPLrs with blogs
Cool. Lots of good stuff I hadn't seen... Mine: outlivingblog.wordpress.com

In On the Web » BPLrs with blogs
November 05, 2:59pm

Re: Re: FS: Kookabay pad, New Balance MT10, Montbell Rain Trekker, Limmer Boots
Rain Trekker sold...

In Gear Swap » FS: Kookabay pad, New Balance MT10, Montbell Rain Trekker, Limmer Boots
November 01, 12:25pm

equilibrium
I've had my eye on the Alpine jacket for a couple years... Dave, where would you say equilibrium breathability falls on a houdini-boreas continuum?

In Editor's Roundtable » Windshirts: 2012 State of the Market Report - Part 2: The Present and Future of Windshirts
October 31, 12:53pm

Re: Dad's first trip to Utah
I'd vote Escalante area for easy access to mind-blowing prettiness and tons of dayhiking (plus lots of short overnight/2 night opportunities). There would be more than enough there but you cou...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Dad's first trip to Utah
October 31, 8:22am

Breathability differential in liner and shell material for quilts/bags
Recently it seems that a lot of people are using 8d/nobull for liners due to it's nice hand and breathability and something more windproof (less breathable) with better dwr for the outer shell ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Breathability differential in liner and shell material for quilts/bags
October 30, 3:21pm

Re: Re: FS: Kookabay pad, New Balance MT10, Montbell Rain Trekker, Limmer Boots
Prices dropped on remaining items...

In Gear Swap » FS: Kookabay pad, New Balance MT10, Montbell Rain Trekker, Limmer Boots
October 30, 6:57am

Re: Re: Re: My planned layers
I'm with Mike--you want something thin and light as your first layer regardless of season. I use a short sleeve tee as my first layer year round. I use merino 1 for cooler weather and Arctery...

In Winter Hiking » What is your winter layering system?
October 29, 7:49am

Re: Aldo Leopold Wilderness
Thanks for the report. That looks like some awesome forest. Gotta get down there sometime.

In Post-Trip Reports » Aldo Leopold Wilderness
October 28, 1:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.