BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 231 - 240 of 1796 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ...180

Forum » Thread

Re: blowing up baloons
Hi, Thanks for the idea, however, I can't blow up the really thin balloons and I would be surprised if your idea would work on them. Try it and let use know how you come out. I know very...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Pertex Quantum - Cuben Fiber Bivy
May 28, 12:51pm

New Pertex Quantum-Cuben Fiber Bivy
Kevin, Since I was sewing across a 1" wide piece of material I didn't think that would work with Cuben. I used some light webbing for strength. Steven, All the Pertex Quantum I h...

May 27, 8:22pm

New Pertex Quantum-Cuben Fiber Bivy
Pertex Quantum / Cuben Fiber Bivy - New Black Bivy I needed to make another Pertex Quantum / Cuben Fiber Bivy. I discovered that when you go several years between making the same thing you can ...

May 19, 2:59pm

Alternative use for balloons!
Franco, A couple years ago I bought one each of several different sizes of the Nemo Air Beams to play with. They work great but in the SUL world they were just to heavy. Stefan, If you c...

In Multiple Use Gear » Clever adaptations
May 13, 2:40pm

Re: Keeping track of weight
Hi Aaron, Nice program. I didn't have a way to create a gear list and this program of yours will do what I need just great. Thanks. What kind of computer are you using? Do you know ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Keeping track of weight
May 10, 2:07pm

Organic Ultralight Anyone
Hi, Don't rule out paper, but not your normal everyday paper. the Japanese have made paper from a lot of different fibers for several hundreds of years. They even made garments out of i...

In Make Your Own Gear » Organic Ultralight Anyone?
May 10, 1:16pm

Cuban Fiber underwear
Cuben Fiber 1.2oz Rain Pants thread located here: Cuben Fiber 1.2oz Rain Pants The same pattern could be used to make a set of "boxer" like underwear. If you left the leg opening...

In GEAR » Cuban Fiber underwear
May 07, 9:45pm

Balloons
Bivy with a long balloon to hold the hood up. Cuben / Pertex Quantum Bivy Thread

In Multiple Use Gear » Clever adaptations
May 05, 12:59pm

Flat Pack Woodburner
Hi, Thanks for all the nice complements about the stove. First: I fixed the link to the Stove Thread. It is a Thread I started here back in June of 2006. Stove Link Stainless Steel Wi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Flat Pack Woodburner 1 piece
April 24, 4:33pm

Let's talk about the whiz freedom
Hi all, You ladies just need to learn how to pee standing up. I know it is possible but don't ask me how. You do need a skirt or a Kilt on to do this.

In GEAR » Let's talk about the whiz freedom
April 23, 11:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am