BPL Community Profile

john Tier (Peter_pan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Co-Owner Jacks 'R' Better, LLC, VA
About Me Co-Owner of Jacks 'R' Better LLC
Citywilliamsburg
StateVA
My Website URLhttp://www.jacksrbetter.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by john Tier

Showing 231 - 240 of 250 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: take the scale
FTR... I carried my scale into the local outfitters, Blue Ridge Mountain Sports, Williamsburg VA,so many times that they got two models to keep in the store for anyone use... Yea!

In GEAR » duralite pots
December 21, 5:35pm

Re: Re: Re: wish for longer tarp
Mark, Here is one place to find such a tarp. http://216.83.168.206/index_files/Products%20List_files/8x8%20SilNyl%20Tarp.htm Note. as owner, designer I'm biased.

In GEAR » Condensation problems in Vapr Bivy. Suggestions?
December 19, 11:56am

Re: wish for longer tarp
Tim, I don't understand this wish... There are a whole bunch of differnt size tarps readily available... light too... I do understand you point on eliminating the bivi...In fact the weight of a ...

In GEAR » Condensation problems in Vapr Bivy. Suggestions?
December 19, 7:18am

Re: Re: ul hammocks
Doug, You sleep in a Byer on the diagonal, same as the HH... it just does not say "asym"... While we are at it, realize that the HH is a rectangular bottom with asym tie out points...Only th...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Hammock Camping
November 29, 7:14am

Re: ul hammocks
August, Couple years back we put a no-seem net on the Traveller same as the moskito... light and comfortable...Two distractors...One is the ridge line is external and the are no peak ends to sli...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Hammock Camping
November 28, 6:18am

Re: tarp tie down suggestions
David, The tarp you describe is available at WWW.jacksrbetter.com, weighs 9.4 oz with 10 tie outs. It has been available for about 18 months now. This tarp has proved to be quite popular. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » tarp tie down suggestions
November 27, 5:37am

Re: Re: Safety Lanyard - Better Ideas??
The "item" is first girth hitched to the working end loop... then girth hitch the ladened cord to the standing end loop... no need for other harware...

In Multiple Use Gear » Safety Lanyard - Better Ideas??
November 21, 7:54am

Re: Safety Lanyard - Better Ideas??
Vick, Don't put lanyards around the neck.... A good alternative is to tie a 2 inch loop in each end of a cord to finish with a cord about 18 inches over all...put knife,lignter, etc over one...

In Multiple Use Gear » Safety Lanyard - Better Ideas??
November 20, 6:53pm

Too light Pad ?
You may find the GG1/8 thinlite pad too light under your legs at 20 degrees... Pan

In Gear Lists » Evaluate please!
October 31, 7:03pm

breathability
Carol, et al, The moisture you found is because the closed cell pad does not breath ( even open cell pads have more limited air flows). It was in all probability limited to between you and the ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Notes from the Field: SuperUltraLight Hammocking on the Black Forest Trail in Pennsylvania
October 22, 6:20am

All Reader Reviews by john Tier

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox Silnylon Poncho
Agree with Richard on the mods.... all easy to do....I've had the extended length model for over 4 years and it is super through the mid season.... and yes it will cover a HH. Here is my mod......

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 6:10pm