Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 231 - 240 of 1768 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ...177

Forum » Thread

Re: Desert Trail: Mexico to Canada, Highlight Video
Buck, Awesome video of a soulful solo through some amazing landscape full of raw beauty. Thanks for posting it here. Party On, Newton

In Post-Trip Reports » Desert Trail: Mexico to Canada, Highlight Video
December 24, 9:21am

I'm Such a Little Cut Up! ;-)
While cruising the aisles at my local K Mart I spotted these little gems hanging up in the sewing notions department. They are a miniature version of the multiple bladed, plastic bodied, disposable...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » unltralite knife
December 24, 6:05am

Re: just for giggles ;-)
This Remington fixed blade isn't UL and definitely not SUL but it does feel good in my hand and the price was right at Academy Sports. It's kind of "blade heavy" towards the f...

In GEAR » <1oz pocketknives
December 23, 6:51pm

Re: I like Guterman but. if you want to try something else...
I found this web site... http://www.redrockthreads.com/mettler-thread/mettler-metrosene-thread.asp ...and the prices for their spools, mini cones and large cones seem very reasonable. Colo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Is Gutterman thread necessary?
December 23, 3:59pm

Re: It depends what you need
Many times I have wanted for nothing more than... ...and it was at home in my EDC bag. ;-( Like Eric said, "It depends what you need." Party On, Newton

December 23, 12:06pm

Re: Micra
+1 for the Micra. It has become my go to carry on my hiking trips. It is also helpful in tightening the screws on the flick-locks on my trekking poles. Party On, Newton

December 23, 7:52am

Re: &lt;1oz pocketknives
I've always carried a knife while hiking. That being said the scissors in my FAK were all that I ever really needed while hiking. The scissors on my SAK Classic would have been more than adequa...

December 23, 12:47am

Re: This is going to become an addiction
Rem, "I'm afraid this might be the start of a MYOG fixation..." It already has... Welcome to the Dark Side! ;-) Stuff sacks, quilts, tarps, bivys, packs and stoves- - - -O...

In Make Your Own Gear » Extreme Makeover: Golite Jam Edition
December 22, 7:59pm

Re: "gizmo"
@Dale, I will never say that I know just what you are thinking. L O L "You can get $10+ hardware from a $3 thrift store pack." Way to think outside of the box Dale! ;-) Have o...

December 22, 5:13pm

Re: Re: Attaching Loops
Rem, Well done! Modify Your Own Gear is the evil twin brother of Make Your Own Gear. "Dale, I'm not very familiar with linelocs. How would I use them?" In the picture ...

December 22, 4:56pm

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm