BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 231 - 240 of 1746 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ...175

Forum » Thread

Re: My Ohio Mailing
I should receive some information regarding the last one of the original 4 packages mailed this evening. To be fair only 2 of the 4 had any real delays. The USPS said to expect an answer to m...

In Gear Swap » USPS Doesn't Place a Priority on its Priority Mail Service for Packages ;-(
December 14, 7:29am

Re: Re: Re: More movement on one package
David, I literally laughed out loud when I read your post. So much so that my wife asked what was so funny. I gave her the short version but kept it "accurate". I feel quite for...

In Gear Swap » USPS Doesn't Place a Priority on its Priority Mail Service for Packages ;-(
December 13, 8:51pm

Re: More movement on one package
Sorting Complete December 13, 2012, 8:41 am BILLINGS, MT 59102 ;-) My Ohio mailing is still stuck in neutral! ;-( A little over 1 day left on the wait for the USPS to report back via email ...

December 13, 1:01pm

More movement on one package
One of my very patient buyers should get his package today. The USPS tracking shows that one of my mailings has arrived at the Post Office in Billings, MT. It also says in the now updated informati...

December 13, 11:47am

Re: Re: Cox-2 inhibitors and NSAIDs
A little pain can be a good thing. All of these OTC and Rx meds have their different side effects. I had never heard of Cox-2 inhibitors before this thread and when I read up on some of the side ef...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ibuprofen risk
December 13, 4:53am

Movement on one package
Finally there is some movement on one of the packages. USPS Track and Confirm shows one package being processed through the Sort Facility in Billings MT with an Expected Delivery By: December 6,...

December 13, 12:32am

Re: Question about fuel for my simmer stove
Links, we got links! http://zenstoves.net/TeaLight.htm http://www.backpackingchef.com/backpacking-stoves.html http://www.bplite.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1850 Questions: How far a...

In Make Your Own Gear » Question about fuel for my simmer stove
December 12, 1:34pm

Re: How do I repair this Cuben Fiber Shelter?
"... My Custom Made Cuben Shelter turned up in the post today, Pitched out the backyard, I noticed the Cuben Fiber around the stitching was coming apart. How can this be repaired?" OUC...

In GEAR » How do I repair this Cuben Fiber Shelter?
December 12, 4:37am

Re: Update
Sure enough my gear, ordered 1 -2 days after I shipped those packages to my two buyers, was delivered this evening! My two buyers are still waiting for their packages shipped back on 12/3 and 12/4....

December 11, 7:58pm

Re: S63 SOLD!!
Hey Tim, S 63 arrived at my front door this evening! Thanks Tim Party On, Newton

In Gear Deals » enLIGHTened equipment quilts in stock and ready to go
December 11, 6:32pm

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm