Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 231 - 240 of 616 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ...62

Forum » Thread

Backpacking with Daughters
Manfred, Thank you so much for posting this. I have twin girls who turn six next week. As someone who's sadly never put in an 18-mile day I can't imagine my girls doing it. How di...

In Post-Trip Reports » Hiking the John Muir Trail with our 9 and 10 year old daughters
August 21, 11:36am

Backcountry Boiler - Boiling More Than One "Batch"?
I've been eyeing the BCB for a while and being able to boil 16 ounces works well for most of the meals I would carry on the trail, but what if you need more boiling water? My BCB question is...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backcountry Boiler - Long Term Review?
August 21, 11:04am

If It Fits - Take It
I understand some of the heavy packs out there...When I first got back into backpacking I spent $360 on an Arc'Teryx Bora 80 pack (at the suggestion of my very outdoorsy brother-in-law). Not o...

In GEAR » Where are the lightweight backpackers? Not on the JMT...
August 20, 8:30am

Lil Nipper Replacement
Packit Gourmet also offers their Foldable Flask as another option for $9.95. It's not clear, holds 500 ml, and weighs less than an ounce.

In GEAR » Next Best Thing to a Platypus Lil Nipper?
August 18, 6:40am

Nice Leatherman Multi Tool
I was poking around the EMS in Manchester Village VT last week and saw this Leatherman Micra PS and almost bought it on the spot. It has both pliers AND scissors in a very small and what looked ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: nice leatherman multi tool
August 16, 9:12am

UV Treatment - Sterilizing the Threads
I don't use a Steripen - I use either an AquaStar or their smaller mUV, but the issue is the same. I have a "dirty" Sobe bottle that I use for treating the water. That's what ...

In GEAR » Steripen questions - sterilizing the threads of water bottle?
August 15, 10:53am

Redundant Items
I usually go out with the same group of guys so they're used to me nagging, but I want to know EVERYTHING that they're bringing along so that I can eliminate any redundant items in my pack....

In GEAR » Do you carry redundant backups of critical gear?
August 14, 8:25am

Hammock Tarps
I have a custom hex-shaped tarp made by Lawson Equipment in Cuben. I don't think he's making tarps anymore, but it's really awesome. Look at ZPacks or Mountain Laurel Designs - they...

In Hammocks » Hammock rainfly options
August 13, 8:52am

Looks like my Gatewood Cape
As mentioned by a previous poster, it looks like the SMD Wild Oasis or Gatewood Cape when they're in "full lockdown" mode. I've pitched my Gatewood Cape the whole way to the gr...

In GEAR » World's Lightest Tent?
August 13, 8:46am

Used TP
After doing my business one afternoon in a torrential rainstorm and finding that my TP got wet and became globbed together, I switched to using a quarter square of a disposable blue shop towel from...

In Philosophy & Technique » Used Toilet Paper - Pack it out!
August 12, 8:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am