BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 231 - 240 of 580 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ...58

Forum » Thread

Lightweight First Aid
You should only need one first aid kit - it should work as your kit for day hikes as well as multi-day trips. I make two changes depending on the length of the trip: - Quantity of medications (...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lightweight First Aid
June 13, 11:14am

Opinion
Doug, Nice work as always. It looks a lot like the "old" BPL emails we used to get weekly that covered the lead articles as well as recent reviews and trip reports (if I recall correc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Would you do me the favor of lending your opinion?
June 12, 10:38am

Lunar Duo Pole Length
Sorry - I don't know how long I make the poles...It varies with conditions: - If it's rainy & windy I'm likely to pitch the tent a little closer to the ground and count on the wi...

In GEAR » Lightheart Gear duo vs Six Moon Design Lunar Duo
June 12, 10:34am

JetBoil to Alcohol Stove Transition
I too found it hard to move from the speed and convenience of the JetBoil to an alcohol stove, but the weight savings made it worth it. I went with the Caldera Cone setup and was amazed at how wel...

In GEAR » Has anyone used the Gram Weenie Pro?
June 12, 7:49am

SMD Lunar Duo Rain Sag
I have the Lunar Duo and love it. It does tend to sag a bit if it rains but it's never been an issue for me. I make my trekking poles about 4 inches longer than they need to be when I initial...

In GEAR » Lightheart Gear duo vs Six Moon Design Lunar Duo
June 12, 7:44am

Packit Gourmet Favorites
Their food goes on every trip with me now. I don't get fancy - if I can't prepare it in a bag with just boiling water I don't bother. Here are my favorites: - Austintacious Tortill...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Packit Gourmet
June 09, 1:12pm

Theft of Camping Gear
We car camp a lot and have never had a problem with anything missing - not even firewood. If you're really concerned you can do what my sister does. She car camps alone a lot but always puts ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Theft of camping gear
June 06, 12:47pm

SUL Rain Chaps
I have a pair of the Mountain Laurel Designs chaps that weigh 43 grams (1.5 ounces). They're not fancy but they are effective in keeping your legs dry. You do need to make sure you're wea...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL rain pants/chaps (not skirts)
June 04, 8:35am

UL Mosquito Net for Hammocking
I have the dp Hammock bug net. It weighs less than an ounce and works pretty well. At $12.95 (and they usually have them in stock) it might be worth a try for you. One thing I've learned...

In GEAR » UL mosguito net for hammock
May 31, 11:36am

Keeping Chocolate From Melting
When I take my 5 year-old twins out on the trail we're "required" to have s'mores. I take the flat Hershey bars (Special Dark is their preference) and put them in the coozie that...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Chocolate that doesn't melt?
May 31, 5:11am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am