BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 231 - 240 of 607 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ...61

Forum » Thread

Used TP
After doing my business one afternoon in a torrential rainstorm and finding that my TP got wet and became globbed together, I switched to using a quarter square of a disposable blue shop towel from...

In Philosophy & Technique » Used Toilet Paper - Pack it out!
August 12, 8:37pm

iPhone Tracker - Google Lattitude
If you have data coverage for your phone (which doesn't happen where I usually hike) you can use Google Lattitude and it will update your position regularly. I wouldn't count on this thoug...

In GEAR » iPhone tracker
August 06, 6:19am

Tying your tarp to your tree strap
Bryce, I've tried tying my tarp off to the tree hugger strap but as mentioned it was really hard to adjust. I'd be afraid of one of two things happening: - That when you're in th...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL in a hammock... Lil' help?
August 02, 3:46pm

Nice List
Bryce - nice job putting it together. I think you'll be pretty comfortable and can't wait to hear feedback from the trip. I also have a GT Nano 7 hammock but I've dropped it (with w...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL in a hammock... Lil' help?
August 01, 12:07pm

SUL in a Hammock
Bryce, I hammock throughout PA and have a couple of thoughts and suggestions: - Any knots you put in your Amsteel lines will likely be so tight after you've spent a night in the hammock t...

July 31, 12:11pm

The Packa
If you haven't seen it yet, you might want to consider The Packa as a great alternative. I have one in silnylon and one in eVent and love it. It has huge pit zips to give you as much ventila...

In GEAR » Rain coat or poncho for use with a pack
July 31, 6:10am

ADK Winter Mountaineering School
It is really reasonable, and I also like that you're required to bring your own food and snacks for when you're on the trail. In addition to keeping the costs of the trip down (at least wh...

In Winter Hiking » Adirondacks Winter Mountaineering School, has anyone attended the week long course
July 30, 12:15pm

ADK Winter Mountaineering School
I've not attended it, but I have looked at it a couple of times because it looks like a great way to get started with winter backpacking. The gear lists (on the Student page) look reasonable...

In Winter Hiking » Adirondacks Winter Mountaineering School, has anyone attended the week long course
July 30, 10:20am

Big Guy
@Dean, Sorry - I wasn't clear...No - I don't drink 4 liters every two miles. I was trying to explain the weight of my pack when I first got back into backpacking. I loaded my 3-liter C...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I am a big guy!
July 29, 4:05pm

Dolly Sods this Weekend
Steve, Sorry - I hadn't noticed that the list included your clothing worn. Your list looks great and I certainly understand the need for a comfortable pad. My UL kit uses a torso-length pa...

In Gear Lists » Dolly Sods this coming weekend
July 27, 7:52am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am