BPL Community Profile

John Jensen (JohnJ) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Orange County, CA
About Me John Jensen has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Jensen

Showing 231 - 240 of 245 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: on good teaching
I suspect that the testing pendulum has swung as far as it will go, and that there will now be some retracement. And yeah, I think in-class observation and evaluation is the proper replacement. I...

In Chaff » Republican's attack on wilderness. Unconscionable!
March 31, 9:25am

Re: Trade schools
I very much agree, Katharina. There is an unfortunate tension between wanting everyone to do well and misdirecting some students. We also have declining returns on college degrees as "over p...

March 31, 9:21am

on good teaching
I hope you aren't telling us Craig, that you are teaching, but don't know how to access good teaching. lol, "assess"

March 31, 8:47am

a long time "inside"
My dad retired on 70% salary(*), but that's because he got in early and worked 35 years. The system definitely favors a long time "inside." I'd think it would be nice to have pe...

March 31, 7:56am

teachers and social security
Wow Ken, that is sad. In most states teachers retain social security for the time worked outside teaching: link

March 31, 7:26am

Teachers
Craig, my dad was LA City Schools. My mom was in a suburb. From dinner-time conversations I'd guess that everyone at a school knows who the good and the bad teachers are. As a one-degree o...

March 31, 7:14am

Marginal Revolution
I thought this was a good abstract of the challenges we face with future employment outcomes. It seems related. This being the internets, I only save a link to the whole paper and "intend&qu...

March 29, 9:23am

how many?
"Free education though the university level is another way to equalize things a little. The student should just pay room and board. No $40,000 loan burden." As I understand it, the Nor...

March 29, 8:08am

clif
White chocolate macadamia nut clif bars are like crack.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Rank the Bars
March 29, 8:05am

luck is real
I'm old enough now that I can look back at my cohort and see some that have succeeded or failed with good or bad decisions, and some that have had good or bad luck. Most of us accept that th...

March 29, 7:52am

All Reader Reviews by John Jensen

John Jensen has posted no reviews.